• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Desire & Prayers for Grant of Children-Pure Change in Self & Moral Training of Children-Wisdom

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.
Peace and mercy of Allah be on you.

Hazrat Khalifatul Messiah V (may Allah be his Helper) said that many women and men write, and tell him in personal meetings too that they are expecting a child. They request for prayer. Or they ask what prayer they should do for the incoming child. At times, parents say they have children who are moving from childhood to adolescence. They remain anxious about theses children’s tarbiyyat [i.e especially moral and religious training]. They ask what prayer they should do for them and how do they train them so that they should remain established at right path and virtues.

By the favour of Allah the Exalted, the majority of Jama'at has this thought and they pay attention or at last worry, how to do tarbiyyat of their children. It is very big favour and benevolence of Allah the Exalted to us Ahmadis that due to believing Hazrat Promised Messiah (on whom be peace) our thoughts are such, in an era when earthly desires have encircled everyone, we do not worry about our children’s worldly life only but we continue to think about their goodness in Deen.

Allah the Exalted has done this favour to us Muslims (provided Muslims pay attention and act on it)

that He has taught us prays in Holy Quran for child from before birth to various stages of tarbiyyat; the method of tarbiyyat too is told; attention is drawn to responsibilities of parents.

If we do these prayers, and live life according to it, and pay attention to tarbiyyat of our children, we can send a pious new generation ahead.

No doubt, to do tarbiyyat of children is not an easy task, especially in this era when Satan-made attractions come before us, at each step, in various colours, daily. But Allah the Exalted has taught prays and method so that if we want we can save ourselves and our children from satanic attacks. For this regular prays, hard work and effort is needed. A continuous Jihad is required. It is expected from a true momin that he should save himself and his children from satanic attacks, by getting attachment with Allah the Exalted. He should not be despaired and tired and should not surrendered to negative feelings by being frightened.

An irritating example of negative thinking came before Hazrat Khalifatul Messiah V (a.t.) in a letter few days ago. A person wrote to Huzur (a.t.) that in the current world there is race to get money, immoral activities have reached to limits, there is common use of ever new drugs, there is increase in general pathless-ness in society. The person wrote, that is why, he thought he would choose to not have children after he is married.

Hazrat Khalifatul Messiah V (a.t.) said it is an extremely pessimistic thought. This thing is being said as if accepting defeat from Satan, considering Satan carrier of all powers, and as if Allah the Exalted has no power to put blessing in our prays and effort in doing tarbiyyat of children (nauzobillah) and to save our children and us from satanic attacks, no matter how much we do effort and do prays.

As if, in other words, we give full liberty to the followers of Satan, and progeny of momeneen (believers) should slowly end. This thinking is extremely dangerous and disappointing. The believer of Hazrat Promised Messiah (a.s.) can not have such thinking and should not be so.

To be the part of the reform, for which Hazrat Promised Messiah (on whom be peace) was sent by Allah the Exalted in the world, we have to use our all faculties and capacities and have to infuse this spirit of our aims in our generation, we have to pray and do tarbiyyat of them. Despite all these evil and filth of the society we shall not let Satan successful. Insha Allah Ta’ala. We have to do effort to establish the Kingdom of God the Exalted on this earth. Thus, there is no reason to be hopeless. Rather, there is need to act in accordance with the prescribed path by Allah the Exalted, with determination.

Allah the Exalted has taught us prayers in the Holy Quran to be blessed with virtuous children. At a place, the prayer of Hazrat Zakaria (on whom be peace) is taught: “rabbey habli milladunka zurriatan taiyebatan innak samiuddua” [My Lord, grant me from Yourself pure offspring; surely, You are the Great Hearer of prayer].

Allah the Exalted Himself taught this prayer that I am Hearer of prayers that is why you too should say O Allah You are Hearer of prayer that is why accept our prayers and grant us pure children. So when there is desire of pure children, prayer should be for it. But along with it, parents too should be carrier of pure thoughts and pure deeds which is property of pious and Prophets. Sometimes mothers pay attention to religious matters, offer worships but fathers are not so. At some place, fathers do so but mothers do not fulfill their responsibility.

For progeny to be virtuous and safe from evil effects of era, it is essential that father and mother both, should be practicing virtues before they desire for children and before the birth of children.

In the Sahabah (companions) of Hazrat Promised Messiah (a.s.), an event is present, in which there is prayer of Hazrat Promised Messiah (a.s.) for a person. But he (a.s.) placed condition of pure change in that person. He was not yet Ahmadi he had not come in the Bai'at of Hazrat Promised Messiah (a.s.) but perhaps there was some virtue of him, and due to it, he (a.s.) prayed for him.

Munshi Ata Muhammad Sahib patwari, [an official, to maintain land ownership records and to collect land taxes] , says that I was a non-Ahmadi, I was away from deen (religion). A friend of mine would convey message of Ahmadiyyat but I never paid attention. One day he told me a lot about this and insisted to listen him and ponder. I said ok, if you say so, I tell you about a prayer, if it is accepted then I shall ponder. You say prayers of Hazrat Promised Messiah a.s. are accepted then request him to pray for me. And the prayer is for the matter that I have three wives but none have children. I married one after other to have children. Please pray a son should be granted to me and he should be from first wife. My friend wrote letter on y behalf. After some time, answer came from Molvi Abdul Karim sahib that Hazrat Promised Messiah (on whom be peace) has prayed and has said that you will be granted son but the condition is that you should do repentance of Zakaria. Munshi sahib says: In those days I was very much religious-less. I was drinker and immoral and took bribes as usual act. How could I know what was repentance of Zakaria. I went to mosque to know about repentance of Zakaria. Imam of mosque was surprised to see me in mosque, he could not give answer of my question. Then I went to molvi Fateh Din Ahmadi in other village. He told me the repentance of Zakaria was to leave no-believing, eat halal, be regular in Salaat and Fasting, and come in mosque more… I began to do this….After four or five months, my elder wife began to cry. Midwife pointed to a possible pregnancy. I told my wife I have requested Mirza sahib to do prayer. It is symptom of having child, there is no doubt. After some time, the signs of pregnancy began to be visible. I started to tell people I shall have son, and he will be healthy and beautiful….The son was born. After that I did Bai'at and many people too of that area did Bai'at.

So if Allah the Exalted wants to make a good end of someone, it happens like this too that desire for offspring and birth of child became cause of that person's guidance.

Hazrat Promised Messiah (on whom be peace) had placed condition for acceptance of his prayer as pure change in that person…..When we pray Zakaria’s prayer for us, there we need to bring pure change in us too.

Hazrat Khalifatul Messiah V (may Allah be his Helper) said: In this regard, I inform that too once another’s man matter was presented to Hazrat Promised Messiah (on whom be peace) that he says, pray for me, if son or child will be born to him, he would become Ahmadi. What Hazrat Promised Messiah (a.s.) said its jist is that, My claim is of being Promised Messiah, I have not claimed that I have come to cause the birth of children for people. That man’s situation was very different. Hazrat Promised Messiah (a.s.) was a Prophet anyway, his insight reached there this precondition is such that which perhaps may cause stumbling…..But in this case [of Munshi sahib] Allah the Exalted wanted to make the good end of him, he might have had any virtue. In this case, Hazrat Promised Messiah (on whom be peace) prayed to Allah the Exalted and by getting news from Allah the Exalted, gave him news about a son…….It should be remembered everything cannot be made conditioned with each thing. Or to be Ahmadi is not made conditioned with prayer. Sometimes people write me too that this [particular thing] will happen then we shall become Ahmadi. To become Ahmadi by presenting conditions is not like accepting Deen, it is like forcing at Allah the Exalted and He does not make means of guidance at someone’s conditions. We need to follow guidance, not that Allah the Exalted need us.

As we pray for children, we need to develop pure change in us too. In Holy Quran, in reference of Hazrat Zakaria (on whom be peace), this prayer is mentioned too, in surah Al-Anbiya: “rabbey la tazerni fardan wa anta khairul wareseen” i.e O my Lord, do not leave me alone, and You are the best of all inheritors.

In this prayer too, as Allah is called “khairul wareseen” then it is clear that prayer for offspring is not only for getting offspring, and heirs are born who are heirs of worldly matters. But such heirs may be granted by Allah the Exalted who give priority to Deen over world. It is obvious such prayer can be done by the very people who themselves give priority to Deen over world. …….

Based on and subject continues @ Friday Sermon: Desire for children and their proper upbringing