• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Describe your weather / mood of the outdoors today

amorphous_constellation

Now it is 27 F and snowing.. I stare out there and think that I should like to walk in it, to behold it in its proper freshness , molding over the plants and earth, a veneer of frosty newness

End of the year.. in a limbo state .. I needn't shovel it, nowhere to go ... pits of deep purple sky , the black branches decorate

One might think this to be sort of a preference ala Wim Hof, to tread out into the windy, cold, darkness.. However, I think it restive. For beyond those other things, you see a world that is forced to settle. In my hope of witnessing this, I bring myself slightly more into accordance with nature's wish. I may walk to the lake. What I like, is to stare a few moments into that lake, wincing from the elements perhaps, and see snowflakes obscure my vision as if stars in a night sky. Perhaps I will go into the copse of woods.. where no one put a footprint.. There I might behold the owl

I only need try to select a good podcast.. something I can follow that doesn't tax the mind too much, for the body is too engaged with other things, under these conditions..

Salty Booger

Royal Crown Cola (RC)
Chilly today--there was ice on the car this morning. I was downtown and spent most of the day indoors attending a meeting. I did venture out during lunch for a burrito and Mexican coke at the food carts.

amorphous_constellation

The world is bright, but the wind yet a smartly bright cold. Married to the dullness of a midwestern Sunday, of Spring, people even choose to stay indoors

I held eye contact with a fox for probably almost fifteen seconds. I had been walking the road 'neath the watertower hill. On one side of the tower, was grassy brush. Dead on into mine was its stare, its head was there above the grass-line, without body at all visible

Just an ancient grey face, and looking at me at such a straight angle , as to appear even flat. My mind anthropomorphized this, generating a man-animal character, that was represented as the head of the earth, staring down at me from the hill.

It didn't quiver or move at all, but just seemed to stare through me, seeming to judge me somehow, to my mind. The eyes were like wild portals to a time before man, embedded in that wizened, mysterious grey face. I could almost see all of its ancestors there, roaming this county anciently.

Last edited:

amorphous_constellation

It is in the mid - 40's at night , it has been for the past several nights. Probably tonight as well. I had worn a winter coat to work last night. I am uncertain what to wear at such times.. If go outside now, will I need a coat later? My brain or mind is a bit scattered, I cannot read today. Sometimes, that means I should write. Sometimes that means I should listen. Today I think it just means that I should go outside, and maybe try meditating at that spot on the hill. ( Or maybe I cannot really do any of those things ) But in choosing to go meditating, I have had spiders descend on me, and ticks crawl on me, and flies bug me. People walk up behind me. How do you avoid that? I will go outside. It does look nice out there, and maybe if I keep walking, the temperature will feel perfectly balanced. But maybe that isn't really true of my darn mind, right now, that it can get to the focus it needs. I just seem to flit between social media sites, and trying to read my books, but the mental engine isn't turning on. I don't know, I should know

Last edited:

amorphous_constellation

I like what all the rain does to these scruffy green spots. Makes them stink with life, both the earth and the plants. It surrounds me from above and below, and looks more alive than it would, were it a dry time. I should go out once more before leaving for work tonight

pearl

The rain and unusual cold we've had since Wed has finally stopped and the sun is back and temp is up closer to where is should be this time of year. Feel sorry for those who spent good money for a holiday weekend, only good day when was most are returning home.

Deidre

So so so so hot!! High humidity. No breeze. Almost smothers you when you step outside. I love running but it’s tough when you’re dealing with extreme temps either way.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Nice here. The day started out cloudy but cleared up pretty quick.

I just hit the road on my bike and got my first flat tire of the season. :p

Perfect timing: I just picked up new tires and inner tubes 2 days ago, so I was getting ready to change them anyway. :thumbsup:

And I was only about a hundred yards from my place when I noticed the flat, so that was lucky.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
We have had a fortnight of overcast and rain, really quite chilly for the time of year. A little further north and northeast has been terrible, devistating flooding with quiet a few deaths and massive damage.

0017a517-500.jpg

Today its been better, about 50% cloud cover, no rain and around 28c (82.5f).

This is the start of it getting warmer, the temperature is forecast to slowly rise up to 38c (100f) by the middle of next week.

amorphous_constellation

88 F right now, gives me a sluggish and generally hot feeling. Yet I think it's probably keeping me awake, and I can't concentrate on all that much either, on this sunday. I took a 4 or 5 mile walk at about 6 a.m.

Everything looks so darn bright, like someone cranked the contrast up on a tv , or in photoshop. There is a hot breeze. Earlier in the morning, there was a sweet temperature spot, before the sun got too high, and while under certain shaded areas . I should have dived into the marsh trail and took a dew bath. Not a lot of mosquitoes though. Not even too many bugs this year of any kind, seems like. Seems like stuff was more vibrant last year - well, there were large early rains. I am uninspired, mulling around in my shorts.

pearl

More rain this am, last rain, couple days ago, almost 5 inches, am very grateful the sump pump worked.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
Seattle area: sunny and currently 77° F. We have had no measurable rainfall since June 14. We did however, have a brief period of heavy mist less than a week ago that made the roads damp, but it was less than .01 inch--the threshold for measurable precipitation.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
About 70°f. Slight breeze.

Sunny sunny sunny .

I'm way back in the woods, keeping my phone charged on my portable solar charger, drinking coffee, getting ready to watch a movie on my tablet.

amorphous_constellation

About 70°f. Slight breeze.

Sunny sunny sunny .

I'm way back in the woods, keeping my phone charged on my portable solar charger, drinking coffee, getting ready to watch a movie on my tablet.

Perfect day and setting, sounds like. I bet that's a useful gadget, are you satisfied with it? I've heard of ones that can get powered by burning twigs

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
The solar charger works great. It's a 21 w three panel, folding set.
It's like this one but a different manufacturer:
Amazon.com : Qinlorgo Portable Solar Panel, 21W 5V Dual USB Port Portable Flexible Folding Waterproof Solar Panel for Mobile Phone Charging : Garden & Outdoor

It charges the phone about as fast as a wall charger would. I can literally spend days in the woods using my phone or tablet constantly and never run out of power.

I never heard of a charger that runs by burning twigs, but now I'm intrigued. I'm going to see if I can find that.

amorphous_constellation

Intending very much to get outside again today , soon. It seems like the archetypal summer day. Wondering somewhat about the air quality, it smelled like a campfire all night when hanging out outside , at work. I was out early in the morning and listened to.. some kind of podcast discussion on covid. And saw a trio of foxes, and a trio of yellow finches