• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Describe Your Favorite Coffee Shop!

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Is your favorite coffee shop just a place you get your coffee, or is it a place you where you go for conversations and to meet people?

What does you favorite shop look like? What do you like best about it's decor? What do you like least about its decor? Would you describe the decor as trendy? Comfortable? Lively? Old fashioned? Punk? Alternative?

Does your shop have poetry readings? Open mic nights? Live music?

What sort of crowd hangs out there? Who are some of the most memorable people you've met at your favorite coffee shop?

If you had a choice, would you prefer to spend an afternoon in a coffee shop talking with a good friend or in a mall shopping with a good friend?

What's you favorite coffee shop drink?

Tigress

Working-Class W*nch.
Two words: Tim Hortons. I can't eat much from there because of allergies, but she's Canada's baby--the mother of all coffee and doughnut shops.

Djamila

Bosnjakinja
Park Princeza... it takes a full 20 minutes to drive that high into the hills but the view of Sarajevo is worth it. ;) It's fancy dining inside, coffee shop outside - hotel out back. Just perfect.

2u7m6j9.jpg

RevOxley_501

Is your favorite coffee shop just a place you get your coffee, or is it a place you where you go for conversations and to meet people?

I have only been to blackbird coffee a few times--but both times were excellent, its not really crowded, and its realy comfy---they have a back alley area that is nice and quiet with birds around, and the indoor area smells awesome--nice big leather sofa's and different art displays (currently they have a large display of Chaos art--very good stuff)

I heard about it from a co-worker--we were supposed to meet up to discuss counseling---she chickened out and is afraid to face reality--but i tried the place---was hooked because the espresso was asbsolutely PERFECT---better than i make at home

What does you favorite shop look like? What do you like best about it's decor? What do you like least about its decor? Would you describe the decor as trendy? Comfortable? Lively? Old fashioned? Punk? Alternative?

ahh crap---see above---very comfy, semi-dark---it is owned by a christian family i think---so you see alot of that around there---christian magazines and such.
Does your shop have poetry readings? Open mic nights? Live music?

i think so

What sort of crowd hangs out there? Who are some of the most memorable people you've met at your favorite coffee shop?

lots youth group and church folks (while they read their Bibles, i sit alone and read some controversial book, like Dianetics or something.)

If you had a choice, would you prefer to spend an afternoon in a coffee shop talking with a good friend or in a mall shopping with a good friend?

coffee all the way

What's you favorite coffee shop drink?

Espresso is good, Latte is good, and they have a Cocomochachino that is nice.

sadly it is 30 miles from me, we dont have any coffee shops where i am (want to make one happen though in the future--if the computer business takes off, that is project #2

BFD_Zayl

my place is called Espresso Milano down on mainstreet near the river and the tridge park. its a very small, local place. but is very friendly and has the best coffee ever (starbucks seems like folgers in comparison)

we really dont have any artists perform here, the occasional poet, but thats all.

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
There's this great little place on the island that I used to go to (when I lived there) called "The Witch's Brew". It was small, but have a room with couches and plush chairs and they serve mostly fancy tea and homemade baked goods. They have a whole other menu for seasonal teas, and serve all the teas in those small cast iron tea pots. It used to be the hang-out for all the goth and "alternative" lifestyle kids, but it's become more and more popular over time.
I haven't been there in years..

Random

It's called Seven Wonders: a very cool place where Bohemian slackers and corporate suits hang out together.

They do the best bagels and foamy lattes there, and everybody wants to shag the blonde dutch waitress who's only 4'3" but interminably cute and all-smiling.

It also makes poetic and supra-natural sense that since I am the 8th wonder of the world, I should sermonise to my followers in the symbolic presence of the other seven. :)

Humbly, of course...

Zephyr

Moved on
Ok, so this one time, in Amsterdam...

I haven't gone there yet. Not 'till summer :(

I sometimes head down to Bubble Island, which is really my best equivalent. I don't like fancy coffee, but I'm up for a good smoothie anyday.

My girlfriend recently went over to her father's house in Amsterdam and they actually searched her for drugs when entering. Seriously, what drugs would you want to sneak INTO Nederland?