• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Describe what you believe

I believe

• In a deity or deities

• Maybe deities exist, maybe not.

• I don't care if deities exist or not.

• Deities do not exist.

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
It seems you missed that this thread is in the Interfaith Discussion section.
My post wasn't debating.
Also, I don't really care and you're missing the point of this thread entirely with such comments. This is not about "most theists" it's about what individual theists (or non-theists) believe.
And in the case of your post, you spoke about generalities and the beliefs of our ancestors. Don't pretend you were only talking about your own personal beliefs.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
And you haven't observed theists who deify things that atheists don't believe literally exist?

Pardon, I genuinely don't have time for this line of silly rhetorical questioning at the moment. When I post something in Interfaith Discussion, I'm sharing their experiences and observations. It's not intended to be encyclopedic, authoritative, or exhaustive. If you want to point out alleged shortcomings in my observations, how about you frame in terms of your observations instead of poking at someone else's next time? Your observations are allowed to differ from others, and that's fine. Kay? Thanks.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Pardon, I genuinely don't have time for this line of silly rhetorical questioning at the moment. When I post something in Interfaith Discussion, I'm sharing their experiences and observations. It's not intended to be encyclopedic, authoritative, or exhaustive. If you want to point out alleged shortcomings in my observations, how about you frame in terms of your observations instead of poking at someone else's next time? Your observations are allowed to differ from others, and that's fine. Kay? Thanks.
Sure: my observation is that, the vast majority of the time, theists and atheists (or theists and theists of other belief systems) disagree on the facts, and their disagreements are not just matters of valuing different things.

Ponder This

I believe that "knowing God" is different from "knowing that God exists".
I acknowledge a higher power because I am aware that my personal actions are part of a greater whole. I see this immediately in terms of being a part of a larger material universe and again in terms of being a part of non-material notion of humanity. I distinguish between the physical interactions, motivations, thoughts, and intentions that exist within my own consciousness and the greater consciousness in which I participate.

Mark Dohle

I'm not familiar with Animism. I need to study up on it.
Actually in the Christian path God is part and parcel of creation, but also, being the creator infinitely beyond it as well. So all of nature in some way is alive, or perhaps more alive than we think at this present time. So called primitive religions were based not so much on theology, but rooted in experience......like today with the NDE's et al, life is more mysterious than we think or will ever be able to coprehend.

zahra67

This is for discussion only, no debating, please. Simply vote and post what you believe. Since this isn't a debate no one need feel like they have to justify or defend their belief.

I've learned a lot about people being here at RF. Let's learn more.
i believe in monotheism and oneness of God, he is all-merciful, most merciful, most generous, gracious, forgiver, believe in the resurrection, in justice and infinite mercy and grace of allah, believe in all prophets of God, our prophet Mohammad and his progeny (peace be upon them) who are vicegerent of Allah on earth, his beautiful attributes, who are mercy for entire creation, the beacon of guidance and ark of salvation for all mankind,

i recommend all the people who read my comment, read these two excellent book and feel free to contact me privately for further questions.

Understanding God's Mercy, Part 1

Understanding God’s Mercy Part 2

understanding god's mercy is 8 parts but they have not many pages and i linked the first and second parts.
and this book about virtues, magnanimity, blessings, munificence, extreme mercy and compassion for all mankind, also his reputation, honor and glory in the divine cort.

Ahl al-Bayt, The Celestial Beings on the Earth

i realy wish that you read them and share the files with others.

Miles

on YHWH/The Lord/"Capital G": sentient energy that created all that is, all that was, and all that will ever be.

on Jesus: prophet, lightbringer, spiritual leader, revolutionary, human

On Lucifer: fallen angel and king of hell but not Satan the Adversary Dark Evil Edgelord of All That Is Evil. Probably kind of an emo-ish edgelord though

On deities from other pantheons: powerful spirits, forces of nature with a human veneer. generally don't really care much about humanity unless it's something they rule over (i.e. Artemis and women), but you can still pray to them, worship them, invoke them, honor them, venerate them, adore them, give them offerings, devote yourself to them, and form relationships with them (but you can also do that with other entities)

zahra67

I believe that "knowing God" is different from "knowing that God exists".
I acknowledge a higher power because I am aware that my personal actions are part of a greater whole. I see this immediately in terms of being a part of a larger material universe and again in terms of being a part of non-material notion of humanity. I distinguish between the physical interactions, motivations, thoughts, and intentions that exist within my own consciousness and the greater consciousness in which I participate.
this fact that God exists is undenyable.
God created everything, guide them for there perfection, he is all-knowing, all-powerful, all-merciful,.
we can recognize God from his attributes, not his essence.
Gods attributes are exist in the holy Quran and our supplication which are manifestation of divine mercy, blessings, forgiveness, graces, beneficent, affectionate etc.

Miles

this fact that God exists is undenyable.
God created everything, guide them for there perfection, he is all-knowing, all-powerful, all-merciful,.
we can recognize God from his attributes, not his essence.
Gods attributes are exist in the holy Quran and our supplication which are manifestation of divine mercy, blessings, forgiveness, graces, beneficent, affectionate etc.
this is a discussion site. it's not a platform to preach at people who don't share your beliefs.

Silverscale derg

For me I know what I believe in is true. For me there was five makers of the universe, five dragon gods, one of earth, air, fire, water, and lastly the one of spirit. Apart they can't do much of anything, even with two together of non conflicting stuff such as earth and fire, sure they can make balls of ground and make it warming but that's about it. Together as all five through billions of years made the universe. It wasn't sudden, it was carefully crafted. After the first eon they gave birth to more dragons which flew in space with them and as a gift of love they sometimes made shaped in the stars for each other. It's a coincidence that humans have made out shapes of the stars as well but it's different from what used to be there and how it's view from a different angle. After lots of time passed they wanted to make life and a home for their children so they started on the milky way as humans call it, the sun at the center made by the fire, wind, and water dragon shines brightly. The first planet Mercury is a rock...that's it although it's great for basking in. Second was Venus which with it's highly acidic rain was their fall back if things got rough which they did with all the humans slaying them and if we stayed we'd be slayed yet again. I admit some of us do stay but that's because we're stealthy but the rest are watching from afar. "god" in the way of the bible exists too and he made humans which the ones who follow his views are deadly and invasive. "natives", pagans, and tribesman types of humans who were outcasted were not bad, the did sometimes kill but it was for food, and they used the whole body of the creature but the ones who are those types have dwindled down and humans now are reckless, overpopulated and highly invasive yet they're too cocky to admit that...they call every creature they hate to be invasive or overpopulated yet there numbers are way less than humans