• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Derpy Donny Dollhands has petulant tantrum because Greenland isn't for sale

Altfish

Veteran Member
When I first heard this story I assumed it was a spoof, something written in the Onion as a joke.

The worry is, what is happening that this is just the distraction from?

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
The only thing sadder and more pathetic than Derpy Donny are his bootlicking followers.

More like the people that lie and misrepresent what the President says.

Which only proves they themselves are dishonest and lack of morals completely.

From the article.

"Denmark is a very special country with incredible people, but based on Prime Minister Mette Frederiksen’s comments, that she would have no interest in discussing the purchase of Greenland, I will be postponing our meeting scheduled in two weeks for another time," Trump tweeted. "The Prime Minister was able to save a great deal of expense and effort for both the United States and Denmark by being so direct. I thank her for that and look forward to rescheduling sometime in the future!"

Wow what a "temper tantrum". :rolleyes:

:D

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
So, the most singular, politically appointed representative of America cancelled a state visit to an allied Nation because they derided his insinuations that he would like to personally own and profit off of their land?

In other words, an elected representative of the state is withholding diplomatic congress with another nation for personal business reasons.

Wow.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
More like the people that lie and misrepresent what the President says.

Which only proves they themselves are dishonest and lack of morals completely.

From the article.

"Denmark is a very special country with incredible people, but based on Prime Minister Mette Frederiksen’s comments, that she would have no interest in discussing the purchase of Greenland, I will be postponing our meeting scheduled in two weeks for another time," Trump tweeted. "The Prime Minister was able to save a great deal of expense and effort for both the United States and Denmark by being so direct. I thank her for that and look forward to rescheduling sometime in the future!"

Wow what a "temper tantrum". :rolleyes:

:D
So Donald himself has admitted that the reason he is delaying a state visit to an allied nation is that said nation refuses to sell a large amount of land for him to privately profit off of...

And you think this makes him look... Good?

EDIT: After reviewing a bit further, it seems that the purchase of Greenland is now being presented as a purchase by the US as a "strategic territory" rather than personal ownership by Trump, so maybe not quite as incriminating as the above implies. Still, it definitely implies Trump is postponing diplomatic talks unless he gets what he wants, which is not a great look.

Last edited:

Enoch07

Premium Member
So Donald himself has admitted that the reason he is delaying a state visit to an allied nation is that said nation refuses to sell a large amount of land for him to privately profit off of...

And you think this makes him look... Good?

What's wrong with rescheduling a meeting? Is that racist all the sudden as well?

Enoch07

Premium Member
I shall never underestimate your capacity to miss the point spectacularly.

If he cancelled the meeting and decided to put sanctions on them for refusing to sell Greenland.....sure, that's a temper tantrum.

Politley saying "thank you but since we are not doing business right now I will push the meeting back a few weeks" is not a tantrum.

So tell me what's wrong with rescheduling a meeting? I'll wait I'm sure you'll find a racist pov for it somehow.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
If he cancelled the meeting and decided to put sanctions on them for refusing to sell Greenland.....sure, that's a temper tantrum.

Politley saying "thank you but since we are not doing business right now I will push the meeting back a few weeks" is not a tantrum.
If I put a gun to your head and said "Would you kindly hand me your wallet, if you don't mind?", is it not a robbery?

Point is, judge someone by their actions - not their diplomatic use of language. In this instance, Trump is essentially postponing a diplomatic visit in response to not getting what he wants. The fact that he wrote a verbose Tweet about it doesn't change that action into something non-petulant.

So tell me what's wrong with rescheduling a meeting?
Once again, missing the point.

To use the above analogy, what is wrong with asking you for your wallet?

I'll wait I'm sure you'll find a racist pov for it somehow.
Or maybe deal with the reality before imagining stuff.

Anti-Trump Derangement Syndrome has clearly struck you hard.

HonestJoe

What's wrong with rescheduling a meeting?
It wasn’t just a meeting, it was a state visit. It was planned with a number of purposes, including commemorations around the 80 year anniversary of the start of WW2 and various meetings with business leaders and politicians.

The sale of Greenland was never part of the plan and was never even considered until it came out of the blue, first in news reports about alleged private comments and then confirmed by Trumps own statements. Note that there was apparently zero contact with anyone from Denmark (or Greenland) at that point, the Americans were just openly discussing the prospect as if it was just a question of whether they wanted Greenland or not. The Danish Prime Minister made a fairly relaxed but clear public statement in response to the speculation, clarifying that Greenland isn’t for sale. Surely that should have been the end of it, at least in public.

But apparently in response to that alone, Trump has unilaterally postponed the entire state visit indefinitely, making a statement that implied that discussing the sale of Greenland was the purpose of the visit and the Prime Ministers statement rendered the entire trip unnecessary. The clearly isn’t true and postponing a state visit over something so minor appears extremely petty and pointless. Whatever you’d like to believe about Trump and however positive you might think his intentions were, from the outside this just looks bad (again).

Enoch07

Premium Member
It wasn’t just a meeting, it was a state visit.

Yes and easily rescheduled. Denmark is not butt hurt about it. Just far lefties taken offense for Denmark.

But apparently in response to that alone, Trump has unilaterally postponed the entire state visit indefinitely,

Where did you get the indefinite part?

The only reason he didn't state when exactly it will be postponed to is because it takes a lot of time and planning to schedule these things between 2 countries.

Again another misrepresentation and lie presented to twist the narative.

Getting butt hurt over a reschedule is petty and pointless.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
A Danish friend of mine, Tania

20190821_122518.jpg

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
based on Prime Minister Mette Frederiksen’s comments, that she would have no interest in discussing the purchase of Greenland, I will be postponing ...
To even think there was a possibility that Denmark would discuss selling Greenland is a clear sign of insanity. I can not imagine a clearer sign of a delusional state of mind.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
To even think there was a possibility that Denmark would discuss selling Greenland is a clear sign of insanity. I can not imagine a clearer sign of a delusional state of mind.
It is the evidence that you guys across the Ocean want to commodify and franchise anything.

Europe is culture, tradition, history, languages, beauty, ...and you can never franchise them.

;):)

HonestJoe

Yes and easily rescheduled. Denmark is not butt hurt about it. Just far lefties taken offense for Denmark.
It was totally unnecessary though and, given it was only a few days away, probably incurring wasteful costs on both sides. It isn’t a huge controversy, it’s just silly. It’s arguably worse for a leader to appear silly rather than seriously controversial.

Where did you get the indefinite part?

The only reason he didn't state when exactly it will be postponed to is because it takes a lot of time and planning to schedule these things between 2 countries.
Yes, so it is currently indefinite? This wasn’t a mutual agreement that the date needed to change, it was a unilateral declaration that the visit wouldn’t happen as planned. Trump’s tweet only said “sometime in the future” and given his reason for postponing is that Greenland isn’t for sale and that position is unlikely to change, why would he ever want to reschedule? Again, he (falsely) implied that the only reason for the visit was to discuss Greenland so what would be his stated rationale for rescheduling?

Getting butt hurt over a reschedule is petty and pointless.
Getting butt hurt over a simple statement that Greenland isn’t for sale and postponing a state visit is petty and pointless too. I’m not butt hurt anyway, just wryly amused.

Monday:
A: Do you want to come round for dinner at my house Sunday 6pm?
B: OK, that would be great.

Sunday 5.30pm:
B: BTW, can you ask your wife to suck me off while I'm eating?
A: No, don't be stupid, she's not a whore.
B: Ok, you are a great host and I'm sure the dinner will be great but I'm not going to go now. Maybe another time in the future.
A: :unamused:

B: OMG you got butt hurt cos I cancelled last minute when you said you wouldn't get your wife to suck me off. Dinner is easily rescheduled. LOL snowflake.

Enoch07

Premium Member
To even think there was a possibility that Denmark would discuss selling Greenland is a clear sign of insanity.

Funny! Have you not considered that perhaps Trump knew something at the time that the public is not aware of and that Denmark will not publicly announce?

Or do you think you have the same data that U.S intelligence agencies are privy to?

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Just as an aside, the idea of the U.S. purchasing Greenland is not as absurd as some people are implying. How do you think the U.S. got the Virgin Islands (and what country did we purchase them from)?

That said, I'm not entirely clear why Trump wants to purchase Greenland, although given rising tensions with Russia, it might have strategic importance.

Why does Denmark still want to keep it? Why would any European country in this day and age want to retain their overseas colonies - especially if they can't defend those colonies without outside help? (The Allies had to occupy Greenland and Iceland because Denmark folded up so quickly against the Nazis.)

Enoch07

Premium Member
It was totally unnecessary though

You don't know that.

It isn’t a huge controversy, it’s just silly.

Yes it is.

It’s arguably worse for a leader to appear silly rather than seriously controversial.

Both leaders handled it responsible and with dignity. Its business after all not personal.

This wasn’t a mutual agreement that the date needed to change, it was a unilateral declaration that the visit wouldn’t happen as planned.

Yes, and either country can cancel or reschedule at anytime for any reason. Ots a free world after all.

Again, he (falsely) implied that the only reason for the visit was to discuss Greenland so what would be his stated rationale for rescheduling?

No you are assuming that.

Getting butt hurt over a simple statement that Greenland isn’t for sale and postponing a state visit is petty and pointless too. I’m not butt hurt anyway, just wryly amused.

Uh huh ;)

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
If I put a gun to your head and said "Would you kindly hand me your wallet, if you don't mind?", is it not a robbery?

Point is, judge someone by their actions - not their diplomatic use of language. In this instance, Trump is essentially postponing a diplomatic visit in response to not getting what he wants. The fact that he wrote a verbose Tweet about it doesn't change that action into something non-petulant.

Once again, missing the point.

To use the above analogy, what is wrong with asking you for your wallet?

Or maybe deal with the reality before imagining stuff.

Anti-Trump Derangement Syndrome has clearly struck you hard.
Well given his admitted history of inappropriately pulling out a gun and threatening people to get what he wants, that's got to be an awkward question.

Last edited: