• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Derpy Donny demanding quid pro quo again, this time for corona virus aid

Cooky

Veteran Member
Do they ever?

Obfuscate, spin, tu quoque and ad hom, that's all they got.

My only question is; do they consciously know they can't answer the question, or is it all subconscious defence mechanism?

You know who I learned that trick from, don't you..? Well, it was from the people who always bring up Christianity and the bible when discussing Islam and the koran. That's where I learned it.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
You know who I learned that trick from, don't you..? Well, it was from the people who always bring up Christianity and the bible when discussing Islam and the koran. That's where I learned it.

By that do you mean that they compared your beliefs to the beliefs you were criticizing, thus exposing your hypocrisy? If so, how does that relate to you bringing up random, unrelated incidents?
If Trump burned down an orphanage one day, and biden slipped on a banana peel the next, how does the latter cancel out the former?

Cooky

Veteran Member
By that do you mean that they compared your beliefs to the beliefs you were criticizing, thus exposing your hypocrisy? If so, how does that relate to you bringing up random, unrelated incidents?
If Trump burned down an orphanage one day, and biden slipped on a banana peel the next, how does the latter cancel out the former?

No, they didn't compare my beliefs to Islamic ones we were discussing. They brought up random things, saying "Christianity is just as bad"... Same as what I'm doing here.

Cooky

Veteran Member
No, and I have never used it. Even if I had, two wrongs don't make a right nor do two Wongs make a white.:D

I wouldn't normally insult Mr. Biden. I'm just shining light on hypocrisy. Maybe it could be a learning lesson. But I doubt it the Biden "bootlickers" will understand. ;)

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
I wouldn't normally insult Mr. Biden. I'm just shining light on hypocrisy. Maybe it could be a learning lesson. But I doubt it the Biden "bootlickers" will understand. ;)
It would be hypocrisy if I had ever asked you not to call Biden "derpy", which I've never done, so no hypocrisy. Swing and a miss.

Of course, if you wish to prove your complete lack of originality by trying to co-opt my clever name and apply it to Biden, be my guest, Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Further, given that you trumpettes regularly bleat about the lack of respect for trump, like you just did about "derpy", YOUR use of it WOULD be hypocritical, but I appreciate consistency and self awareness aren't trumpette strong suites, so I won'[t be surprised.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Since you seem much more inclined to use the tactic of "deflection", then I guess there's no where else to go with this.

Just for the record, I was more for Klobuchar as a compromise, but I will vote for Biden because Trump simply is way too inept and he doesn't reflect even the most basic Judeo-Christian ethics.

Cooky

Veteran Member
It would be hypocrisy if I had ever asked you not to call Biden "derpy", which I've never done, so no hypocrisy. Swing and a miss.

Of course, if you wish to prove your complete lack of originality by trying to co-opt my clever name and apply it to Biden, be my guest, Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Further, given that you trumpettes regularly bleat about the lack of respect for trump, like you just did about "derpy", YOUR use of it WOULD be hypocritical, but I appreciate consistency and self awareness aren't trumpette strong suites, so I won'[t be surprised.

...Just more denial and linguistical gymnastics from the "usual suspects". :)

Kangaroo Feathers

Since you seem much more inclined to use the tactic of "deflection", then I guess there's no where else to go with this.

Just for the record, I was more for Klobuchar as a compromise, but I will vote for Biden because Trump simply is way too inept and he doesn't reflect even the most basic Judeo-Christian ethics.
Yep, shaping up to be another rock vs. hard place election. Do the dems just want to lose, or are they actually so out of touch they think the electorate will support Biden?

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Yep, shaping up to be another rock vs. hard place election. Do the dems just want to lose, or are they actually so out of touch they think the electorate will support Biden?
There simply is no rock-star candidate on the Dems side of things, and Biden appears to be probably more electable than Bernie. At least he is basically a moral man with reasonable amount of intelligence, which is a heck of a lot more than what we can say with who's our president now.

Kangaroo Feathers

There simply is no rock-star candidate on the Dems side of things, and Biden appears to be probably more electable than Bernie. At least he is basically a moral man with reasonable amount of intelligence, which is a heck of a lot more than what we can say with who's our president now.
All arguable points, but I agree just about anyone is preferable to the incumbent. Frankly, I have a hard time imagining anyone who isn't. Possible Ted Cruz and or Mike Pence, but it's a hard call.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member

That's the HUGE difference. Unlike Trump's supporters, who here uncritically idolizes Biden and pretends that's he's infallible? I certainly don't. I don't even like Biden nor wanted him to be the nominee. See, I don't treat politicians like heroes nor do I treat political parties like sports teams. If a dem were in power, I would still criticize them for any display of corruption or incompetence. I wouldn't try to pull ridiculous excuses or justifications out of the air like Trumpkins tend to do. I think all leaders should be held accountable, regardless if their political views closely align with my own. I place integrity before partisanship. So where's the hypocrisy?
Besides, Trump is the one in power, not Biden, Hillary, or any other whatabout lib villain. He's words and actions have real, potentially dire consequences. Some random person from the opposite side of the political isle saying or doing something stupid doesn't magically vindicate Trump for his lack of ethics or competency.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
No, they didn't compare my beliefs to Islamic ones we were discussing. They brought up random things, saying "Christianity is just as bad"... Same as what I'm doing here.
So you admit to holding politics and religion as tantamount? Do you balance Trump and Jesus on the same pedestal?

No, I still don't see the connection between this and that.