• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Derpy Donny and Schrödinger’s stock market

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
0h8x5e2srlz31.jpg

So this happened

Kangaroo Feathers

I've noticed you haven't been around for a while. Welcome back. You're just in time for the impeachment hearings.
Meh, nothing but posturing. It'll never pass the Senate. Still fun watching the Trumpettes flip out about how unfair all this true testimony from credible witnesses is, though.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Meh, nothing but posturing. It'll never pass the Senate. Still fun watching the Trumpettes flip out about how unfair all this true testimony from credible witnesses is, though.

Well, at least it offers some measure of entertainment prior to the primary season. I think next year's election season should be a real hoot.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
I want to hibernate through it and miss it all. Except America for some moronic reason basically has non stop campaigning, and the dust from 2020 wont even be settled and theyll be talking about 2024.
But at least try to remain hopeful that what's happening is Americans voicing their opinions and objections, and hopefully looking for some truth. And more than that, in my personal view, looking for ways to uphold what the Framers intended...a way to form a Republic ----- and KEEP it!

So, as a rank outsider Canadian, I say, "keep arguing."

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
I suppose our Trumped up economy has the stock market at record highs; but the market would even be at higher valuations if Congress would do its job of getting Trump approved projects done like infrastructure improvements, lower pharmaceutical drug prices by way of importing drugs from where there are price controls like from Canada, and the U..S.M.C.A. trade deal.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I want to hibernate through it and miss it all. Except America for some moronic reason basically has non stop campaigning, and the dust from 2020 wont even be settled and theyll be talking about 2024.

I think this points up something I brought up in another thread. I think a large part of the reason we get such morons to choose from is because nobody with any real intelligence or ability would subject themselves to the kind of hell this non-stop campaigning must be. Trump does it because he's...well...Trump. But I think a lot of the others will probably drop like flies after the first few primaries, narrowing the Democratic field to a few candidates - probably Biden, Warren, and Sanders.

And I wonder about Sanders, healthwise. And this whole impeachment thing has Biden's name being dragged in the mud just as much as Trump's, so a Trump vs. Biden matchup seems like a train wreck before it even gets started (but it'll be entertaining).

But even some of the state and local elections can have their own colorful cast of characters.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
More for the independent voter than anything else. The Democrats are going to vote Democratic no matter who runs. The Republicans are going to vote Trump no matter what news comes out. Will it be clear enough for the average independent? I hope so.

Kangaroo Feathers

More for the independent voter than anything else. The Democrats are going to vote Democratic no matter who runs. The Republicans are going to vote Trump no matter what news comes out. Will it be clear enough for the average independent? I hope so.
I agree an awful lot of Republicans will vote Derpy Donny no matter what. An awful lot of Democrats seem hell-bent on repeating the errors of 2016, i.e. if their personal preferred candidate doesn't get the nomination , they're going to stay home and sulk, and thereby hand the election to Trump. I'm not keen on making explicit predictions since I predicted Jeb would be the R candidate in '16, and I'm not going to make an explicit prediction now. That said, the way things are going, from my position as an outside observer, Derpy Donny looks dangerously credible, hideous to contemplate as that is.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I agree an awful lot of Republicans will vote Derpy Donny no matter what. An awful lot of Democrats seem hell-bent on repeating the errors of 2016, i.e. if their personal preferred candidate doesn't get the nomination , they're going to stay home and sulk, and thereby hand the election to Trump. I'm not keen on making explicit predictions since I predicted Jeb would be the R candidate in '16, and I'm not going to make an explicit prediction now. That said, the way things are going, from my position as an outside observer, Derpy Donny looks dangerously credible, hideous to contemplate as that is.

After the first debate I said that Derpy was there just to make the other candidates look good. I had no idea how low the average Republican had sunk. They appealed to the fundamentalists and they got someone mental as a result. Part of the Democrats problem last time was that they wanted Hilary come hell or high water. Her problem was that even though she would have been able to do a decent job, or at least far better than Trump, is that she is simply not likable. At least not to the average voter.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
But at least try to remain hopeful that what's happening is Americans voicing their opinions and objections,
Americans voicing their opinion in Indiana is how Pence got elected. In California, it overturned gay marriage. On a national level, Dems, libs, and young people strongly voice their opinion they don't give a **** and stay home. I dont doubt people will voice their objections and opinions. Where I have little hope and many doubts is in people to make wise and informed votes. War hawks, corporate lackys, religious fundies, I have no hope or faith those issues will change or be resolved within my life time.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Americans voicing their opinion in Indiana is how Pence got elected. In California, it overturned gay marriage. On a national level, Dems, libs, and young people strongly voice their opinion they don't give a **** and stay home. I dont doubt people will voice their objections and opinions. Where I have little hope and many doubts is in people to make wise and informed votes. War hawks, corporate lackys, religious fundies, I have no hope or faith those issues will change or be resolved within my life time.
Aye, tis a false hope that the people will
rise up to vote their conscience.
That's been the big problem all along.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Aye, tis a false hope that the people will
rise up to vote their conscience.
That's been the big problem all along.
They do just that. In the past, it's caused me to be stepped of civil liberties and protections because fundamentalism and hate was the conscience thingy people voted for.