• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Deregulation killed our economy

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
Why do you think that the private sector cares about paraplegics?
Because we are basically good people. I know I would enjoy deciding where my money went and who I helped.
The private sector has not removed the plight of the homeless from our midst. The private sector has not removed litter from our highways. The private sector has not replaced the rusting bridges on our roadways.
Have you seen the new bridge across Lake Cumberland on 90 near 27? Have you not seen highways being adopted and flowers planted and trash picked up? Do you realise that some homeless folks are happy and would not live in a house if you gave them one. Many are mentally ill, some owned homes and walked away after a tragic event in their lives. There is more to the homeless than lack of money. If you spent any time volunteering at a homeless shelter, you would realise this. Give it a shot at Thanksgiving this year and get back to me on this one.

Mathematician

Reason, and reason again
It just might, could possibly be that regulation is what caused the problem in the first place. I feel that, just as there is separation between church and state, so too should there be separation between business and state.

Pseudo-libertarian rhetoric like this is absurdly authoritarian. One of the main functions of the state is to monopolize on the property system according to what the public wants. You can't expect us to fund a state that will protect your property, and then call for no welfare, no regulation, no intervention.

Let's also be realistic here. Since the '30s, we haven't gone through one depression. Prior to the New Deal, we had over 11 bank runs, and 7 independent depressions.

Last edited:

Mathematician

Reason, and reason again
There should be no wellfare period. Watch all these folks suddenly become productive citizens if this where the case.

Yeah. It worked wonderfully in the '20s when 50% of the country lived in unredeemable poverty and the unemployment rate was even higher. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Jeremy Mason

It is not the government's job nor is it within their power IMHO to take money from someone and give it to someone else. It is the individual's responsibility to help their fellow man, not the government's job to force us to do it.

Then why have police if our fellow man will look out one-another?