• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Denominations?

Animore

Hello, everyone. Just a quick question; it just popped into my mind. How do Messianic Jews view denominations of Christianity? Would Messianic Judaism be considered a Christian denomination? Thanks a bunch!

Eliab ben Benjamin

Premium Member
Eliab, why do you repeat the "son of" in your name? Jokes aside: How do you guys defend yourselves from your Jewish community? and/or what do they say about you?

Family name, going back to Simon bar Kokhba .... whom are you referring to as "you guys" ?

why do i have to defend myself, i am not messianic ...

Eliab ben Benjamin

Premium Member
On what basis do you say it's not Judaism?

Despite their founders’ incessant denials and their unceasing attempts to worm these institutions into the mainstream Jewish community, these “synagogues” have almost always been rightly perceived to be Evangelical Christian Churches in the guise of Jewish houses of worship. Though divested of the most flagrant Christian symbols (e.g., crosses), and cleverly designed to look “Jewish,” their toned down Christian message has been, nevertheless, unmistakable.

Shem Ben Noah

INACTIVE
why do i have to defend myself, i am not messianic ...

ARE there any messianics even here?

Even tho I'm a failed convert to Judaism and been more denominations of Christianity than most anyone I've ever met, even I can tell it's rubbish...

Now, I must say that as a failed Noahide I still value Jesus's teachings AND the Torah
...but the religions that exist now claiming these as their source are also rubbish...

rubbish + rubbish = ?

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
Despite their founders’ incessant denials and their unceasing attempts to worm these institutions into the mainstream Jewish community, these “synagogues” have almost always been rightly perceived to be Evangelical Christian Churches in the guise of Jewish houses of worship. Though divested of the most flagrant Christian symbols (e.g., crosses), and cleverly designed to look “Jewish,” their toned down Christian message has been, nevertheless, unmistakable.

Of course they have a Christian message. "Christian" = "follower of Mashiach". In the Christian belief system Y'shua is Mashiach.

But no Jew is going to think they're in a non-Messianic synagogue if they visit a Messianic synagogue for more than five minutes, maybe five seconds. However, Messianic Judaism = Judaism. Jewish people must have a minyan and start a congregation where there is an ark and etc. but they understand the Hebrew scriptures differently that you do.

Thanks.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
ARE there any messianics even here?

Even tho I'm a failed convert to Judaism and been more denominations of Christianity than most anyone I've ever met, even I can tell it's rubbish...

Now, I must say that as a failed Noahide I still value Jesus's teachings AND the Torah
...but the religions that exist now claiming these as their source are also rubbish...

rubbish + rubbish = ?

How can you tell "it's rubbish"? What do you mean?

Riders

Eliab, why do you repeat the "son of" in your name? Jokes aside: How do you guys defend yourselves from your Jewish community? and/or what do they say about you?

My sister who is in the Christian Jewish church wants to defend Jews in the war;

Says she can convert jews, they pray for Jews everyday, she claims she eats kosher. But guy friend I date couple of years ago Mitch who was Jewish told me she wasn't eating kosher. My sister only eats chicken turkey and fish for meat and claims it as Kosher.

Riders

It seems like whenever something is too hard or strict rule from the old testament like eating Kosher, she says Jews are stuck in the old law its ritualistic, I don't practice dead ritauls,Ive been set free by Christ. So they take the laws they want to take. They make up their own rituals.

They don't celebrate any holidays because its Pagan and evil. Some of my sisters friends go by the old timey dress code women with long hair no makeup no jewlry. Her children wear long dresses all the time. Her husband an her sometimes keep their head covered other times they go through periods of not wearing the beanie.

They have a ritual wear they put a blanket and hold it over all the women and proclaim their husbands as a covering and that they are covered.

roberto

.......................they pray for Jews everyday,

Why? read the following with reference to the elder brother, and what "the Father" answered him...>

Luk 15:31 “He said to him, ‘Son, you are always with me, and all that is mine is yours.

;)