• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Democrat charged with wide scale election fraud in Philly. Pleads guilty.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
In a sentencing memo dated Friday, federal prosecutors said his 'criminal efforts were generally, although not exclusively, directed at securing election victories for local judicial candidates running for Philadelphia's Court of Common Pleas or Municipal Court who had employed Myers as a 'political consultant.'

Myers admitted to bribing elections judge Domenick Demuro as part of a voter fraud scheme. Demuro was charged separately and pleaded guilty in May 2020.

He was convicted for his role in accepting bribes to cast fraudulent ballots and certify false voting results for payments between $300 and $5,000.
One example from a guy with a long history of getting in serious trouble, yeah, sure sounds widescale to me.:rolleyes:

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
He must be an atheist.
You have to believe Hell doesn't exist,...to put something like that into action.

Last edited:

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
A fear of hell didn't deter your church from sexually abusing kids and attempting cover ups.

And not all forms of theism include the concept of hell.
Surely.
I didn't mean to generalize. There are atheists who are much holier than most Christians.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
We could have dueling election fraud threads.
In MI, some Pubs got caught too.
Yea and verily you could do that. Then we could ask the question: "were the cheats enough to have altered the results of the election?" And then, decide whether it's bloody worth the bother!

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I'm struggling to see how you thought 'He must be an atheist' could be anything but a generalisation.
But whatevs. I'm not worried by it, just a touch bemused.
For instance...what I meant was probably lost in translation. :)
I meant: "it is very likely he is a theist, so it's so odd that theists do such a thing".

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
For instance...what I meant was probably lost in translation. :)
I meant: "it is very likely he is a theist, so it's so odd that theists do such a thing".

Yup. I can't even communicate in one language fluently, so I'm consistently impressed by people who can discuss esoteric topics in multiple languages.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Yea and verily you could do that. Then we could ask the question: "were the cheats enough to have altered the results of the election?" And then, decide whether it's bloody worth the bother!

Basically keep in mind materiality, I think is what you're suggesting. Makes sense.

I must say, though, suddenly breaking into Shakespearean English in relation to a US election fraud thread is a delightful departure from the norm.

I demand, good sir, that you commence a new thread using these skills on some other random topic, post haste.