• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dems warn Mueller

Riders

They are claiming that they will demand every bit of the report being public. They also require all paperwork that proves what his investigations found are proof of it.

If they don't they will demand it, if he says no, theres gonna be subpoenas.

esmith

Veteran Member
Oh Muller is now the evil one.
laughing-hard-smiley-emoticon.gif

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Oh Muller is now the evil one.
laughing-hard-smiley-emoticon.gif
I can't find anything implying they think he is "now the evil one." Silly for them to make threats and demands that they can't easily follow through with, but it's nowhere near labeling him as "evil."

Riders

I can't find anything implying they think he is "now the evil one." Silly for them to make threats and demands that they can't easily follow through with, but it's nowhere near labeling him as "evil."

I dont believe they have either. They knew form the beginning that Dems would demand this material.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I dont believe they have either. They knew form the beginning that Dems would demand this material.
Mueller probably knew before he started that everyone and their dead granny would be itching to file a freedom of information request once he finished.

Mindmaster

Premium Member
They are claiming that they will demand every bit of the report being public. They also require all paperwork that proves what his investigations found are proof of it.

Doesn't even matter what's in that report if it's not an indictment for Trump. This is basically "the end of the line" and the automatic loss of the 2020 election for them. They could have spent all of this time challenging Trump on issues, but they didn't so they've lost a ton of ground and only have a year to shape a message. Currently, their message is something like, "free stuff for slavery to the government"... That doesn't really sell.

Stanyon

WWMRD?
Reminds me of that song and scene in Willy Wonka when spoiled brat Veruca Salt wanted her daddy to buy her golden goose.

ManSinha

What is your source for this?

Mueller has nothing to hide per se. He is working under the direction of the AG through the DoJ as is well known. The report may not be "his" to turn over. I have not completely investigated the constraints of Muller's position in terms of reporting responsibilities - would like to hear from someone that has a better civics grounding than me.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Doesn't even matter what's in that report if it's not an indictment for Trump. This is basically "the end of the line" and the automatic loss of the 2020 election for them. They could have spent all of this time challenging Trump on issues, but they didn't so they've lost a ton of ground and only have a year to shape a message. Currently, their message is something like, "free stuff for slavery to the government"... That doesn't really sell.
You need to understand the Constitution. There never was going to be an indictment by Mueller. That could only come from Congress in the form of an impeachment. Though Trump could be indicted once out of office.

Congress should be able to read the full report. They would be the ones to "indict" Trump or not.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
What is your source for this?

Mueller has nothing to hide per se. He is working under the direction of the AG through the DoJ as is well known. The report may not be "his" to turn over. I have not completely investigated the constraints of Muller's position in terms of reporting responsibilities - would like to hear from someone that has a better civics grounding than me.
The House of Representatives would do the equivalent of indicting Trump through impeachment. A simple majority is all that it takes. Then he would be tried in the Senate where a two thirds vote would be necessary to convict.

ManSinha

The House of Representatives would do the equivalent of indicting Trump through impeachment. A simple majority is all that it takes. Then he would be tried in the Senate where a two thirds vote would be necessary to convict.

Thank you - I was not gainsaying that - my question was about what Mr. Muller can and cannot do with his report based strictly on who his "boss" is - I guess the AG or deputy AG and what is laid out in the articles governing the special counsel powers and responsibilities -

ManSinha

- He announced no further indictments.

I would almost want to say that the "indictments" were a way to get information on his given task - exploring the nature of any possible collusion with a foreign power -

I would agree that it was never his job (nor did he have the power to) indict the POTUS