• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dems & Pubs Argue Over Women Registering For Draft

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It appears that Dems tend to favor women/girls registering.
Pubs want only men.
Excerpted...
“Look at my face. This is the high cost of war,” he posted recently on the social media site X.
“Amy and I volunteered to serve, and we honor all who serve,” he wrote, referring to his wife. “But forcing America’s daughters to register for the draft is UNACCEPTABLE. Shame on Jacky Rosen.”
In the video posted below those comments, Brown pointed to the scarring on his face as evidence of the dangers women would face in combat theaters.

Apparently it's OK for men to be forced to fight, & be
injured or killed in war. But not women. They have the
right to choose (unless it's about abortion).
Those beliefs are echoed in.....

Last edited:

Pogo

Pubs want only men.
Excerpted...
“Look at my face. This is the high cost of war,” he posted recently on the social media site X.
“Amy and I volunteered to serve, and we honor all who serve,” he wrote, referring to his wife. “But forcing America’s daughters to register for the draft is UNACCEPTABLE. Shame on Jacky Rosen.”
In the video posted below those comments, Brown pointed to the scarring on his face as evidence of the dangers women would face in combat theaters.

Of course, barefoot, comely, pregnant and subservient.
Just like the Babble says.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Not the issue here, rather the patriarchal attitudes to the value of individuals.
Aye, that's the theme.
Men (heterosexual non-trans-men with low draft lottery numbers
& aren't clergy) must serve. Unless they have bone spurs or asthma.
Women may choose to serve.
But immorality & unconstitutionality of the draft are relevant too.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Depends on combat capability and readiness.
No it doesn't. It does not depend on combat capability and readiness. And it does not depend on which political party is in power at the moment. And it does not depend on which variety of pudding is available in the Pentagon cafeteria.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
War is barbaric...so wasting billions on recruiting instead of developping alternative and effective instruments of diplomacy suggests me we haven't evolved from the animal stage yet.
WWF
;)

And by the way... if a man dies is as heartbreaking as when a woman dies.

Last edited:

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
No it doesn't. It does not depend on combat capability and readiness. And it does not depend on which political party is in power at the moment. And it does not depend on which variety of pudding is available in the Pentagon cafeteria.
Yes it does. Drafts are based on calculations of required pools of manpower going into a theater or theaters of war. If there is a deficit of volunteers you can rest your laurels that a draft will be initiated to address that deficit to make sure adequate numbers of personnel are sustained.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
Pubs want only men.
Excerpted...

I think men and women should be treated equally and have equal opportunities. Crazy idea I know.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
I think it is pretty obvious. If you don't want them, you value them less.
1718914409650.png

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Yes it does. Drafts are based on calculations of required pools of manpower going into a theater or theaters of war. If there is a deficit of volunteers you can rest your laurels that a draft will be initiated to address that deficit to make sure adequate numbers of personnel are sustained.
The lack of volunteers is easily addressed
by greatly increasing the pay. Alas, leaders
& voters use conscription to avoid the
higher direct cost of a volunteer wartime
military. I wonder what the result of
$100,000/year + benefits per soldier
would be?