• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dems and the environment?

tytlyf

Not Religious
Nice try. China and India are STILL the worlds largest polluters. Then there is all of Africa, South America, South Asia, and of course Russia.
I already told you the countries are moving to renewable energy. Hence reducing their carbon footprint. America used to be the leader in the world when it comes to new innovations and changes for good in the world. Now China is taking us over.

China Is Set To Become The World's Renewable Energy Superpower, According To New Report

All you do is repeat Big Oil talking points.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
The 97% figure used is based on a survey of climate scientists, not all scientists. They also conclude that the evidence suggests that human activity is the main cause.

shmogie

I already told you the countries are moving to renewable energy. Hence reducing their carbon footprint. America used to be the leader in the world when it comes to new innovations and changes for good in the world. Now China is taking us over.

China Is Set To Become The World's Renewable Energy Superpower, According To New Report

What you TOLD me is irrelevant, they are STILL the worlds largest polluters.

If the truth is big oil talking points, then I must be repeating big oil talking points ? Why not just agree they are still the worlds largest polluters ?

China is ahead of the pack for innovation and changes for good in the world ?

You are joking, right ? Ask the people of Tibet or Hong Kong abut the Chinese changes for good.

Those international little islands in the south China sea, that they have greatly enlarged and are now bristling with weapons, are those the kind of changes for good that you mean ?

I researched before I had my solar system installed, Chinese solar panels are crap, I paid more for American made panels because they will still be working long after the Chinese ones would have given up the ghost.

Do you have a little red book ?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Well, I'll admit that I predicted his health care stuff would fail, and it has, miserably....but I would have loved to see it succeed.
Actually I would too if it was done right and fell within the parameters of the Constitution.

Twilight Hue

And the green New Deal can rape its citizens under Eco terrorism. Ask the residents of Green err brown...err lowbrow err Georgetown, Texas....

Chuck DeVore: 'Green New Deal' preview? Texas town's lofty environmentalism leaves residents with a nightmare

Silent Hill is real btw.

dianaiad

Actually I would too if it was done right and fell within the parameters of the Constitution.

And it CAN. if the government would just look at how Kaiser Permanente does it....(sigh) but it won't.

Kaiser is a PRIVATE company that provides excellent health care for premiums that just aren't that miserable. At least, not for people on medicare.

When private companies offer health insurance through their work, Kaiser gives everybody a very, very good (and cost effective) deal.

People can band together and get health care at 'employer discounts' by joining, or forming, groups for that specific purpose. The folks involved pay their premiums to the group, and the group pays Kaiser. Health insurance premiums end up at about 150 to 200 bucks a month per person, with $15 dr visit copays, and $20 pharmacy co-pays. The co-pays on x-rays, etc., run about $45, but compared to what I've heard some people end up paying (co-pay wise) AND having to come up with over $400 a month, that's pretty darned good.

The co-pays vary according to the program signed up for, but the point is, that's GOOD health insurance.

And it's private and the gov. doesn't tell the docs what they can do and who they can treat. Now I use this system a lot, you need to understand; I cost the system a LOT more than I pay into it. In the last six years, I figure that I've cost Kaiser about 750 grand, give or take. Shoot, the pills I have to take cost someone about 6 grand a month.

The docs don't seem to mind any.

The point is, the current laws say that Kaiser can only exist in about three states. It cannot cross state lines and serve anybody else....and frankly, the same rules apply to other systems like Kaiser.

So...if the government would simply allow these systems to compete across state lines, I predict that the health care 'problem' would be pretty much solved. The government might try figuring out how to pay the premiums for those who do NOT get health care through their employers, but competition would ensure that the premiums would stay reasonable and the health care would be available.

Oh, and if the gov. would give tax breaks to corporations and businesses which DO offer health care to their employees....wow. That would be far less expensive, and more effective, than having the government pay those premiums directly. A LOT less.

But...the Dems won't consider this, at all. Allowing private competition? Tax breaks? Horrors! Blasphemy! Anti-you name it. Probably racist, discriminatory and worthy of being banned from stamp collecting and cos-play sites.

Twilight Hue

And it CAN. if the government would just look at how Kaiser Permanente does it....(sigh) but it won't.

Kaiser is a PRIVATE company that provides excellent health care for premiums that just aren't that miserable. At least, not for people on medicare.

When private companies offer health insurance through their work, Kaiser gives everybody a very, very good (and cost effective) deal.

People can band together and get health care at 'employer discounts' by joining, or forming, groups for that specific purpose. The folks involved pay their premiums to the group, and the group pays Kaiser. Health insurance premiums end up at about 150 to 200 bucks a month per person, with $15 dr visit copays, and $20 pharmacy co-pays. The co-pays on x-rays, etc., run about $45, but compared to what I've heard some people end up paying (co-pay wise) AND having to come up with over $400 a month, that's pretty darned good.

The co-pays vary according to the program signed up for, but the point is, that's GOOD health insurance.

And it's private and the gov. doesn't tell the docs what they can do and who they can treat. Now I use this system a lot, you need to understand; I cost the system a LOT more than I pay into it. In the last six years, I figure that I've cost Kaiser about 750 grand, give or take. Shoot, the pills I have to take cost someone about 6 grand a month.

The docs don't seem to mind any.

The point is, the current laws say that Kaiser can only exist in about three states. It cannot cross state lines and serve anybody else....and frankly, the same rules apply to other systems like Kaiser.

So...if the government would simply allow these systems to compete across state lines, I predict that the health care 'problem' would be pretty much solved. The government might try figuring out how to pay the premiums for those who do NOT get health care through their employers, but competition would ensure that the premiums would stay reasonable and the health care would be available.

Oh, and if the gov. would give tax breaks to corporations and businesses which DO offer health care to their employees....wow. That would be far less expensive, and more effective, than having the government pay those premiums directly. A LOT less.

But...the Dems won't consider this, at all. Allowing private competition? Tax breaks? Horrors! Blasphemy! Anti-you name it. Probably racist, discriminatory and worthy of being banned from stamp collecting and cos-play sites.
It does make you kind of suspicious as to why Health Care cooperatives are not on the top tier where they oughta be in fixing the healthcare situation and helping make it more affordable.