• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Demons, is there any evidence they even exist?

Dan From Smithville

What's up Doc?
Staff member
Premium Member
So allow me to examine you a little further. You believe the accounts of demons in the Bible are metaphorical?
Allow me to ignore the examination further, since examining me doesn't support the case for those that claim to be able to pick demons out of a line up. What I believe is irrelevant to the support of the claims of others. It almost seems as if focusing on me would divert from presenting the evidence. Of course, I would never say that others are trying to eliminate my voice by oppressing my faith. So, divert must be the reason.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Allow me to ignore the examination further, since examining me doesn't support the case for those that claim to be able to pick demons out of a line up. What I believe is irrelevant to the support of the claims of others. It almost seems as if focusing on me would divert from presenting the evidence. Of course, I would never say that others are trying to eliminate my voice by oppressing my faith. So, divert must be the reason.
What it does support is (1) what a person believes and (2) if they claim to be in a religion that bases its beliefs or tenets on the Bible.

YoursTrue

Of course. I can only imagine if we worked together and had a siimlar conversation we'd politely abstain from having a conversation. :)

Dan From Smithville

What's up Doc?
Staff member
Premium Member
Of course. I can only imagine if we worked together and had a siimlar conversation we'd politely abstain from having a conversation. :)
My recent posts are not funny or intended to be funny. Giving the funny rating to one of them could be considered ridicule and personal attack in such instances. I wouldn't want anyone to misinterpret you.

Last edited:

YoursTrue

My recent posts are not funny or intended to be funny. Giving the funny rating to one of them could be considered ridicule and personal attack in such instances. I wouldn't want anyone to misinterpret you.
Sorry. I laugh at inconvenient times sometimes.
I notice that too. It seems to surround certain people.
So that comment wasn't meant to be funny. Ok. I'll try to understand it in a different way.

YoursTrue

If they are tangible, then why can no one provide tangible evidence? It doesn't make sense. Some people claim they can see them or their actions. You claim they are tangible. But nothing to support that or this mysterious ability to see what cannot be seen. Around but never found.

Ah well, as I said, I was rooting for you guys. I thought you were going to pull one out at the end. But no, shut out. That's too bad. I didn't see that coming.
I'm not sure what is meant by tangible here. Tangible usually means that one can physically feel something, doesn't it?

DNB

Christian
If they are tangible, then why can no one provide tangible evidence? It doesn't make sense. Some people claim they can see them or their actions. You claim they are tangible. But nothing to support that or this mysterious ability to see what cannot be seen. Around but never found.

Ah well, as I said, I was rooting for you guys. I thought you were going to pull one out at the end. But no, shut out. That's too bad. I didn't see that coming.
What in the world are you looking for - a red grotesque figure with horns, a tail and cloven feet???
The evidence of their existence is witnessed in the behaviour of man - if their sole purpose is to lead man away from God, and to bring humans to their own destruction, which part of this equation do you not see clearly evidenced in the sordid, corrupt and perverse, and self-annihilating history of man?

YoursTrue

What in the world are you looking for - a red grotesque figure with horns, a tail and cloven feet???
The evidence of their existence is witnessed in the behaviour of man - if their sole purpose is to lead man away from God, and to bring humans to their own destruction, which part of this equation do you not see clearly evidenced in the sordid, corrupt and perverse, and self-annihilating history of man?
I've noticed it's hard for some to admit that there is no hope for mankind by their own devices.

Dan From Smithville

What's up Doc?
Staff member
Premium Member
So everyone can claim demons and not be wrong ever using your criteria. That doesn't seem like good evidence to use to demonstrate the conclusion. It leaves me unable to determine if the person making the claim saw something or not.

I remind you, the question of this thread isn't merely the existence of demons, but the evidence that would reveal them to anyone.

By your standard of evidence, grass is evidence for demons. Twinkies are evidence of demons. Tennis shoes are evidence of demons.

It doesn't seem like a very useful standard of evidence to demonstrate the existence of demons to me. I still do not know based on that standard.

YoursTrue

So everyone can claim demons and not be wrong ever using your criteria. That doesn't seem like good evidence to use to demonstrate the conclusion. It leaves me unable to determine if the person making the claim saw something or not.

I remind you, the question of this thread isn't merely the existence of demons, but the evidence that would reveal them to anyone.

By your standard of evidence, grass is evidence for demons. Twinkies are evidence of demons. Tennis shoes are evidence of demons.

It doesn't seem like a very useful standard of evidence to demonstrate the existence of demons to me. I still do not know based on that standard.
I did not say so. I believe demons exist because of what the Bible says*. And because adding it all up (mankind's situation), it makes sense. Do I believe people who say they are in contact with demons? Let me put it this way -- I will personally stay away from them.
*Also because of experiences some have reported. As well as what the Bible says about these things. Yes, I believe they exist.