• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Demons, is there any evidence they even exist?

DNB

Christian
Yours is a very practical-thinking post, I appreciate it!

It is amazing though…. Everyone wants peace, but it seems to elude mankind & his efforts to make it happen.

And although many claim that “conditions are getting better”…. I’m afraid it is technological advances that mask how bad things really are. Skeptics are always saying, “We’re living longer than ever before.” Yes, but what kind of quality is it? Worldwide, there’s more stress, emotional pain, selfishness & greed than ever before, adding to the distress of countless others. And as for sex…”anything goes! After all, we’re only animals.” (Or so the conditioned thinking has it.) And because most of society allows this nonchalant & irreverent attitude toward sex, making it easier to get…. the number of broken families & unhappiness increases.

OK, I’ll stop.

IMO
Couldn't agree with you more - when one figures out how to solve the problem of sibling rivalry, spousal abuse, neighbour feuds, colleague competition, etc. then, and only then, will maybe the nations have hope of getting along - either way, I'm not holding my breathe...
...for not everyone actually wants peace and equality!

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
It's not a matter to "write them off automatically." Because either there are spirits of dead persons that are kind of alive, since the person supposedly died & something that thinks & communicates remains or ... there are not spirits of dead persons that are kind of alive, since the person supposedly died & something that thinks & communicates. To clarify, either a person communicates with a dead person who is somehow alive or he does not.
Yes, but that does not mean our knowledge of that is binary. The answer may simply be, we don’t know if people communicate with the dead or not.

Last edited:

DNB

Christian
You have a peer-reviewed anthropology study explaining demons?! Do share, this should be interesting.

I believe no external force is required to explain these, only observed and tested chemical imbalance and brain deformity etc.

In my opinion.
Daniel, you have to start learning how to read between the lines. Neither a microscope, nor chemical analysis, nor EMF meters will offer you the evidence that you claim to be looking for - and this, is by design.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Yes, but that does not mean our knowledge of that is binary. The answer may simply be, we don’t know if people communicate withwite dead or not.
So then you think it's possible when a person dies, he doesn't really die?

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
I am relatively sure that is not what witches believe.

You think witches believe they are possessed by or communing exclusively with demons? Really?

Obviously witches (such as the witch of Endor who engaged Saul) believe they can summon up the dead and/or communicate with spirits. I remember when I was young and walking through lower Manhattan in NYC and I was approached by a woman who wanted to read my palm. I had no knowledge at that time of God and what He wanted. But I wouldn't let her read my palm. Frankly, I didn't want to know...what it was she could find. (lol) And thinking about it, why should I trust her anyway? Yes, she wanted a few $ but it surely wasn't the money that kept me away from that nonsensical almost horror story.

That's how I feel whenever I pass a stand of Witnesses and their tracts.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
That is correct. While it is true that God's faithful servants have questioned Him as reported in the Bible, and the Omnipotent Majesty reasoned with some depending on circumstance, yes, God has and always will have the final say. Obviously the Devil didn't like that. Which leads to questions but I won't phrase them now. Maybe another time.

Ahh, anyone who dares question your version of God is like the Devil. Classic manipulation.

DNB

Christian
And yet, no one can point to any evidence that others can use to independently verify the claim.
Which part did you miss?
Ask any human what motivates him, what they look for in a spouse, what excites them, and how willing they are to treat others as themselves. As a response you will receive nothing but selfish, depraved and superficial sentiments - not one of them being in the best interest of the person at hand.
There is clearly a spiritual warfare within the realm of heaven and earth.
You don't need a microscope or x-ray machine to detect that.

danieldemol

Premium Member
Daniel, you have to start learning how to read between the lines. Neither a microscope, nor chemical analysis, nor EMF meters will offer you the evidence that you claim to be looking for - and this, is by design.
In other words there is no decent evidence, and that it is "by design" is an unsupported claim which is irrelevant to the topic of whether demons exist or not in my opinion.

Dan From Smithville

What's up Doc?
Staff member
Premium Member
Which part did you miss?
Ask any human what motivates him, what they look for in a spouse, what excites them, and how willing they are to treat others as themselves. As a response you will receive nothing but selfish, depraved and superficial sentiments - not one of them being in the best interest of the person at hand.
There is clearly a spiritual warfare within the realm of heaven and earth.
You don't need a microscope or x-ray machine to detect that.
Claims with no evidence and unrelated statements that are not evidence. The point of this thread is evidence to support the existence of demons not what people believe.

I get it. There is no objective evidence for demons. You all have convinced by the fact you cannot supply it. I had high hopes, but dashed again.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member

I truly hope you are not in a relationship.

DNB

Christian
Claims with no evidence and unrelated statements that are not evidence. The point of this thread is evidence to support the existence of demons not what people believe.

I get it. There is no objective evidence for demons. You all have convinced by the fact you cannot supply it. I had high hopes, but dashed again.
Hi DFS, I'm just going to try one more time - human nature is your evidence - it contradicts intellect, which every human is endowed with above all other creatures - and yet all other creatures appear to be more intelligent than man, as far as their ability to be rational, practical, diligent and responsible.

DNB

Christian
In other words there is no decent evidence, and that it is "by design" is an unsupported claim which is irrelevant to the topic of whether demons exist or not in my opinion.
Something very evil exists, Daniel, and you cannot ascribe all the human perversions, hatreds and bigotries to crossed wires in their heads - the symptoms are much to prevalent and predominant to disregard the wicked motivation and desires in man, as not being derived from a depraved and malevolent spirit within him.

Dan From Smithville

What's up Doc?
Staff member
Premium Member
Hi DFS, I'm just going to try one more time - human nature is your evidence - it contradicts intellect, which every human is endowed with above all other creatures - and yet all other creatures appear to be more intelligent than man, as far as their ability to be rational, practical, diligent and responsible.
Human nature has other explanations based on actual evidence. You might as well tell me ice cream is the evidence.

You are claiming something without showing how it reveals demons. How is it that this common idea of logic and reason is so misunderstood?

DNB

Christian
I truly hope you are not in a relationship.
I was pointing out an extremely common and mostly predominant view - a ratio too high to not establish a spiritual depravity in mankind, in general - demons are spirits that influence man

DNB

Christian
Human nature has other explanations based on actual evidence. You might as well tell me ice cream is the evidence.

You are claiming something without showing how it reveals demons. How is it that this common idea of logic and reason is so misunderstood?
Ice cream, and donuts, chocolate and cocaine, and alcoholism is the evidence - why does man voluntarily do what's in his worst interest to do, even as history proves that indulging in these things will destroy oneself?
Man has demons.

Dan From Smithville

What's up Doc?
Staff member
Premium Member
The claim of demons is an extraordinary claim demanding extraordinary evidence that is objective, unabiguous and independently verifiable by any reasonable person. Second hand accounts and claims of eyewitness statements that cannot be vetted are evidence, but so poor to be almost useless. Statements of belief issued as fact are not evidence and, again, useless. That some on here believe they can detect demons or their activities is merely what they believe. Not accepting their belief of seeing these things is not a rejection of the Bible either. It is a rejection of those claims.

All I can say after all these posts is that some people believe they can see demons, but they cannot explain or demonstrate how. They cannot show that aberrant human behavior is demons and not mental health problems which do have evidence.

If this evidence could be provided, I cannot believe that it wouldn't have already been provided.

danieldemol

Premium Member
Something very evil exists, Daniel, and you cannot ascribe all the human perversions, hatreds and bigotries to crossed wires in their heads
I didn't ascribe all of them to crossed wires, I also ascribed some of them to chemical imbalance as well, and although i didn't mention bigotries and hatred they are partly down to environmental influences/nurture.
- the symptoms are much to prevalent and predominant to disregard the wicked motivation and desires in man, as not being derived from a depraved and malevolent spirit within him.
And yet one can deform/lobotomise relevant areas of the brain, raise children with poor nurture etc and thereby create all of these problems in humans. Likewise people have had tumours in certain regions of the brain removed which has improved their mental condition, orphans have been nurtured in good homes etc and all of these problems which you ascribe to spirits have been prevented.

So it looks to me like we have a science which demonstrably works dealing with brain formation/chemical balance and nurture, versus claims of malevolent spirits which require bad actors and testimonials as so called evidence.

In my opinion.