• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Demons, is there any evidence they even exist?

Viker

Häxan
28 children all at the same time. From different families, and locations... and the best explanation is that all of them were starved. That's should be the joke of the year.
No doubt that was swiftly brushed under the carpet, and forgotten. No further investigation required.
Did you hear from anyone here on this?

That aside, the fact that a teacher could take something to school which is considered to be associated with divination, is disturbing.
I hope those parents "demanding answers regarding why one of the boards was used by students when they were supposed to be learning" took that issue to the hilt.
They deserve answers.

I hope they learned something from this though. Check on what these schools are doing with your children, and move them when you find lazy teachers.
Can you imagine they have children watching TV and movies at school.
One would have to be blind to not see how backwards this world has become.
It's like a world of walking puppets.
Folie à deux

I can too. If by influence you mean fixating on them. Believing you can see them or their influence when you can't tell anyone how that is possible or what leads you to that.

Maybe the influence is a fixation on demons or the concept rather than on God to the point you see them everywhere no matter whether they are there or not.

How can I say that I am not talking to demons telling them what I think?

Just because someone might claim things on here doesn't mean that they aren't demons or influenced by them.

Good grief, I better leave this thread now. Demons may be trying to influence me to see them where they are not and not see them where there are.

Who can know?
You said you were a believer and born again with the Holy Spirit of God living in you and you cannot discern the spirits, you cannot tell when the devil and demons are speaking? That’s not even possible as far as what the Bible and what I know to be true.
“Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness, and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace; above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God; praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints—”
‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭6‬:‭10‬-‭18‬ ‭NKJV‬‬
“For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh. For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ, and being ready to punish all disobedience when your obedience is fulfilled.”
‭‭II Corinthians‬ ‭10‬:‭3‬-‭6‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Sounds like your walls have been breached and broken into. IMO

Viker

Häxan
Seems to me that this definition doesn’t fit at all with what happened to the 28 people who were communicating with demons using the O Board
Fits perfect. It is really just a fancy way of saying shared delusion, psychosis or episode of anxiety. Doesn't mean anyone is crazy or foolish either. These episodes can be temporary. A great example would be the premise or cause behind the Salem witch trials.

Dan From Smithville

What's up Doc?
Staff member
Premium Member
You said you were a believer and born again with the Holy Spirit of God living in you and you cannot discern the spirits, you cannot tell when the devil and demons are speaking? That’s not even possible as far as what the Bible and what I know to be true.
“Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness, and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace; above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God; praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints—”
‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭6‬:‭10‬-‭18‬ ‭NKJV‬‬
“For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh. For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ, and being ready to punish all disobedience when your obedience is fulfilled.”
‭‭II Corinthians‬ ‭10‬:‭3‬-‭6‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Sounds like your walls have been breached and broken into. IMO
How do I know that you can tell. You can't tell me how you can. You can just repeat that you can and cast accusations without any evidence.

By that matter, who are you that has the authority to judge the faith of others. I don't recall any passages in Scripture that so anoint random posters to that lofty position.

Of course. Anyone that defies your "authority" must be a demon or under the influence of demons. Didn't I predict that would be how it would go.

Dan From Smithville

What's up Doc?
Staff member
Premium Member
Seems to me that this definition doesn’t fit at all with what happened to the 28 people who were communicating with demons using the O Board
It seems to me that you have a questionable event that you use to demonstrate demons without benefit of any evidence that you are demonstrating them.

It is a self-fulfilling circle. Belief in demons conjures their appearance everywhere and that believed appearance is used as evidence for the belief.

I do not think that Christ wanted us to use logical fallacies as a basis to accept Him.

Fits perfect. It is really just a fancy way of saying shared delusion, psychosis or episode of anxiety. Doesn't mean anyone is crazy or foolish either. These episodes can be temporary. A great example would be the premise or cause behind the Salem witch trials.
Not for 28 people, not even mentioned like that on that site

It seems to me that you have a questionable event that you use to demonstrate demons without benefit of any evidence that you are demonstrating them.

It is a self-fulfilling circle. Belief in demons conjures their appearance everywhere and that believed appearance is used as evidence for the belief.

I do not think that Christ wanted us to use logical fallacies as a basis to accept Him.
No, Jesus said “It is written” when the Devil tempted Him with lies and wants us to do the same. If you’re claiming to be a believer and reject Jesus’ ministry and the Word of God the Bible describes what kind of person you are.

How do I know that you can tell. You can't tell me how you can. You can just repeat that you can and cast accusations without any evidence.

By that matter, who are you that has the authority to judge the faith of others. I don't recall any passages in Scripture that so anoint random posters to that lofty position.

Of course. Anyone that defies your "authority" must be a demon or under the influence of demons. Didn't I predict that would be how it would go.
Jesus told us to judge and test spirits that people are operating in, we aren’t supposed to be gullible and naive. Show me the Scriptures that back up your view brother. The Scriptures are the authority and the Holy Spirit confirms them.

nPeace

Veteran Member
That's even worst than accusing these 28 children of being malnourished.
Accusing them of having a mental problem!!! Boy, am I glad you were not the one giving the media your opinion.
I think you would cause the parents to go berserk, and sue the school.... or go mental on you.

That's like saying, all these children just happened to all have the same mental condition, though coming from more than two dozen different families.
How far would one go to pull a material explanation from a hat?

nPeace

Veteran Member
Sorry. I know it's difficult to accept. But things like this happen with perfectly rational explanations.
The explanation you gave is not a rational one. Sounds more emotional, since nowhere did the article say the girls were family. It does not fit in here.

Orbit

I'm a planet
That's even worst than accusing these 28 children of being malnourished.
Accusing them of having a mental problem!!! Boy, am I glad you were not the one giving the media your opinion.
I think you would cause the parents to go berserk, and sue the school.... or go mental on you.

That's like saying, all these children just happened to all have the same mental condition, though coming from more than two dozen different families.
How far would one go to pull a material explanation from a hat?
It's called mass hysteria, not demons at all.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
I feel I have been annoyed by demons since childhood, but I am mentally I’ll, so…

My brother went through a Wiccan phase. I’m good with that. Blessed be. From my personal experience, it seems like it is the “least of these “, theological minorities, who are the superior moral agents.

When I was a teen and a young adult, I used to worry that something was wrong with my mind because I could visually see and audibly hear the dead, as well as physically feel their presence and see and hear them speaking to me in my mind. I knew that I was seeing the dead because some of the spirits I saw were those of people that I knew were dead. I had either attended their funeral myself, seen old photographs of the person and been told that they had been dead for years (such as the first human spirit I saw when I was six, which was the spirit of an elderly man), or seen their spirit shortly after they had died (as I did with my great-grandfather when I was twelve). I could also see through some people but not others, or there were spirits that looked like actual living people but would walk through a wall or a door. I didn't tell anyone that I knew about what I was seeing, hearing, or feeling, and to this day no one in my adoptive family knows. In fact, my husband is the first person I ever told, and I didn't tell him until after we had been married for a while.

Much to his credit as a loving and caring man and Christian, and much to my relief as his wife, he didn't freak out and tell me that I was delusional or accuse me of lying. He was concerned, however, that what I was experiencing was the result of the trauma and abuse I endured while growing up. He gently suggested that I see a therapist to determine whether my experiences were the result of trauma and years of abuse or if there was something else wrong with my mind. I reluctantly agreed to see one and scheduled an appointment. I was afraid of what the therapist would think of me, so I didn't tell her what I was experiencing at first, but I finally found the courage to tell her in our third counseling session. She, like me, was a devout Christian, but she was adamant that she didn't believe in ghosts or in anything else paranormal. I won't share specific details about my sessions with her, but she suggested that I see a psychiatrist with whom she worked and that I schedule an appointment. But, before I could schedule the appointment, something significant happened to my therapist, which altered not only her professional diagnosis of me but also her personal views on the paranormal. She told me that the experience with me changed her perspective on life. The following is the account of my first reading as a psychic medium that I posted in another thread.

To make a long story short...

I met her, her husband, and her mother-in-law at a nearby restaurant. We talked for a few minutes before we were seated, and they told me that her husband's father-in-law had died recently. I suspected this because there was a spirit, an elderly gentleman who resembled her husband, who was standing beside his mother. I remember feeling very anxious because he noticed that I could see him because I looked right at him and grimaced at the sight of him. He tried to speak to me, but I pretended not to hear him. He became agitated that I was ignoring him, so he became even more insistent about talking to me and swore that he wouldn't leave me alone until I spoke to his wife on his behalf. He wasn't kidding because he bothered me the entire time we were in the restaurant, even following me to the ladies' room and then following me outside when I left. My therapist was very concerned about my sudden anxious behavior, so she followed me outside. I started to pace back and forth on the sidewalk, and she thought I was mumbling to myself, but I was trying to tell this spirit to leave me alone. I finally stopped abruptly from pacing and said aloud, "Fine. I'll talk to your wife for you!" "What do you want me to say?" My therapist just stood there staring at me. I turned to her and asked her if she would ask her mother-in-law to come out and see me. She was hesitant at first, but I asked her to please trust me. She was reluctant, but she went back inside the restaurant, and a couple of minutes later she came back out with her mother-in-law and her husband. I looked at her mother-in-law and told her that she probably wouldn't believe me, but I had a message for her from her late husband. My therapist was irritated by what I said and tried to interrupt me, but her mother-in-law waved her off. I told her specific details about her late husband that I would not have known otherwise, such as when they first met, where they went on their first date, and memories of their family vacations when my therapist was a child. Needless to say, my therapist, her husband, and her mother-in-law all began to believe in psychic mediumship and the paranormal that night. My therapist never doubted me again, and she suggested that I didn't need an appointment with the psychiatrist because she changed her mind and decided that I didn’t need to see one. Despite these positive reactions, I continued to keep my abilities a secret for several years afterward because I was afraid of what other people would think of me. And that brings us to the end of the story.

For the record, I've seen three other therapists and one psychologist over the years who have all agreed that my mediumship is genuinely real, that I'm not delusional, and that I'm not suffering from a mental psychosis after I shared a special message from their deceased loved one with each of them. I shared personal information with them that I would never have known otherwise. Finally, I know that there are people who don't believe me and doubt that what I'm saying is true, but I've proven it time and time again, not just to myself but also to other people who were skeptical before they listened to me share a message with them from a deceased loved one and tell them personal information that I couldn't have possibly known otherwise. My mediumship is real.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Not saying it wasn't "shared psychosis," but it does show something. Or prove something. We know studies were done to show how easily people can be influenced to do something bad.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
It seems that the main criteria for determining if someone is a demon or under the influence of demons is whether you agree or disagree with those that appear fixated on seeing demons everywhere and with no particular reason guiding that vision other than they believe demons exist...without any apparent reason.

Questioning "their interpretation" of the Bible seems to be the main piece of evidence supporting demons or demonic influence as near as I can tell.
I don't think a person can be a demon although he can act crazily or horribly. More I think about it though, it seems reasonable that someone who is a vicious mass murderer would seem to have a demonic mindset, or even be inhabited by a demon or more than one. A demon, however, according to what I've read in the Bible can enter into a person. Since Jesus, whether you believe it or not, exorcised demons, the person the demon inhabited remained alive without the demon, if you get the point. The demon left the person.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
For the record, I've seen three other therapists and one psychologist over the years who have all agreed that my mediumship is genuinely real, that I'm not delusional, and that I'm not suffering from a mental psychosis after I shared a special message from their deceased loved one with each of them. I shared personal information with them that I would never have known otherwise. Finally, I know that there are people who don't believe me and doubt that what I'm saying is true, but I've proven it time and time again, not just to myself but also to other people who were skeptical before they listened to me share a message with them from a deceased loved one and tell them personal information that I couldn't have possibly known otherwise. My mediumship is real.
You know I believe your mediumship is real. That seems unusual to me that three other therapists and one psychologist over the years who have all agreed that your mediumship is genuinely real, and you are fortunate for that. I would not tell my counselor about what happened with Lewis and the TV or that I plan to communicate to him because I am almost sure she would think there is something wrong with me and I don't need that right now. You and @Truthseeker are the only ones who know I plan to communicate with him because I trust both of you implicitly.

Dan From Smithville

What's up Doc?
Staff member
Premium Member
Jesus told us to judge and test spirits that people are operating in, we aren’t supposed to be gullible and naive. Show me the Scriptures that back up your view brother. The Scriptures are the authority and the Holy Spirit confirms them.
What makes you think that every post I have made has not been a test. Gullible. LOL! I love that one.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
I was once told by a Christian that I was demon-possessed because I voted for Joe Biden. When I counseled with an evangelical pastor, he told me that it was obvious to him that I'm a cursed soul, that God hates me, and that he punished me for the sins of my biological parents since I was the result of an affair, after I told him about the years of severe abuse, neglect, and bullying I endured while growing up. I told him I grew up in a Christian home, and he said God used my "godly" Christian parents to exact his punishment on me. Not to mention the Christian therapist who told me in our first session that if I wasn't psychologically better in six months, it would be obvious to him that I enjoyed being in emotional pain and wanted others to feel sorry for me.
Oh my goodness! I’m so sorry you went through all of that! Talk about inflicting emotional pain!

Jesus wasn’t like that, neither should those claiming to follow him. He said, “Come to me, all you who are toiling and loaded down, and I will refresh you. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am mild-tempered and lowly in heart, and you will find refreshment for yourselves. For my yoke is kindly, and my load is light.” — Matthew 11:28-30

Those who call themselves Christian, should all strive to be this way…. following Christ’s “steps closely.” (1 Peter 2:21; Ephesians 4:32)

Best wishes as always.

(And for what it’s worth, based on your firsthand reports, I believe you’ve met the “burden of proof,” that invisible intelligent {& harmful} beings exist, despite what others have claimed. Where you & I differ, is I believe they are all the same kind of spirit & harmful, due to these entities’ highly deceitful motives.)

Last edited: