• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

'Demons' in Hinduism

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
There was a topic on 'Demon Portraits' in Left-Hand Path Religions DIR. I collected some images of 'Demons in Hinduism'. But I cannot post in the said DIR. So I thought I would post them in Hinduism DIR.

Hiranyakashipu and Prahlad, Mahabali, Mahishasura, Ravana. (Hiranyakashipu and Ravan are supposed to be incarnations of Jaya, a gate-keeper of Lord Vishnu's palace - Vaikuntha)
Hiranyakashipu and Prahlad.jpg
Mahabali.jpg
Mahishasura.jpg
Ravana.jpg

Last edited:

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Note: Asura King Mahābāli has been designated by Lord Vishnu as the Indra of the next eon (Chaturyuga) because of his philanthropy (give away everything). Lord Vishnu appreciated that. He will assume his charge as Indra in 428,899 CE.
When Asura King Mahābāli ruled the universe, his capital was somewhere in Kerala, Thiruananthapuram/Cochi.

Last edited: