• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Demons are Sent Back Here According to the Bhagavad Gita

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chakra

Premium Member
After re-reading the Gita the other day, went over chapter 16 in multiple translations, as it uses the word Asura which is a demon in Hinduism; yet it applies it to people, and says that they're sent back down here, before possibly being sent lower to Hell (Naraka).

So just like many other theologies globally, it seems like here is the top floor of Hell according to the text; so are people just in a state of denial that some of us are demons, and this world isn't for the Godly currently as is often presented, yet the delusional (Maya), who refuse to accept reality as it is?

Personally perceive that due to that every action causes an equal and opposite reaction, if people were told the truth, that they're a demon, they'd strive to go the other way; yet due to these concepts being diluted, people think they're enlightened down near Hell. :innocent:

So why has this concept been completely reversed in Hindu thinking? I've had discussions on here of people telling me people are not demons according to Hinduism, that there is no Hell in Hinduism, etc...

Same happens in most religions that people don't seem to accept the harsh realities, and would rather present what they like to hear. :oops:

The Gita doesn't imply that Earth is a hellish realm; it simply alludes to the evil tendencies that overtake a person's good consciousness with the greatest demons (anger, envy, greed etc). Even the residents of Svarga such as Indra can act as demons once their ego increases or they are controlled by envy. On the other hand, there is a race of creatures such as Daityas and Danavas who are traditionally translated as "demons". That is simply because they are always in opposition to the Adityas (devas) but are not perpetually villainous entities---Pralada and Mahabali are good examples.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Me and SomeRandom said Namaste to each other, and apologized for being harsh to begin with; as his intellectual intelligence shone through on his post, he was strong, and stood his ground without being rude, thus i saw the divine within them...
:innocent:

Pardon me, but I'm a She. :D

Rival

Si m'ait Dieus
Staff member
Premium Member
Sorry about that, hadn't noticed from the writing style; though explains why you were more willing to listen. :)
I have spotted a flaw in your argument!

I am a she and according to you unwilling to listen because of my hate driven agenda!

:yum:

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
I have spotted a flaw in your argument!

I am a she and according to you unwilling to listen because of my hate driven agenda!
Good try, though to expand on female psychology; 'Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned', and if you attack a woman's family or beliefs, they generally have more trouble letting it go...

Which makes sense a woman will do anything to protect her babies, and thus it is inherently programmed at a root level; so low in fact, that women don't seem to use their higher cognitive powers once in a state of defensiveness, and it is more of an animal instinct to protect.

Thus let it go, I'm on your side, I'm hardly sent from Heaven, and wanting to hurt you or your newly acquired family. :purpleheart::innocent:

Rival

Si m'ait Dieus
Staff member
Premium Member
Good try, though to expand on female psychology; 'Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned', and if you attack a woman's family or beliefs, they generally have more trouble letting it go...

Which makes sense a woman will do anything to protect her babies, and thus it is inherently programmed at a root level; so low in fact, that women don't seem to use their higher cognitive powers once in a state of defensiveness, and it is more of an animal instinct to protect.

Thus let it go, I'm on your side, I'm hardly sent from Heaven, and wanting to hurt you or your newly acquired family. :purpleheart::innocent:
Lmao Wiz, I wish I had babies right now. Still not even married yet :(

Kirran

Premium Member
Lmao Wiz, I wish I had babies right now. Still not even married yet :(

Having babies is easy! I'm sure there are plenty of men who'd be happy to assist you. Later parts of the child-raising process are more difficult.

Rival

Si m'ait Dieus
Staff member
Premium Member
Having babies is easy! I'm sure there are plenty of men who'd be happy to assist you. Later parts of the child-raising process are more difficult.
This is a package deal. No refunds.

Satyamavejayanti

"wizanda,"

Namaste,

Equals wouldn't dream to be rude to anyone, if they can help it, as they'd know what power words have.

Well if I am being Rude, that is My Karam, but why take offence if you consider me your equal?

The textual statement was to be righteous in chapter 17; if you choose not to be, it doesn't affect me, it affects you...

Yes, it is my Karma, not yours, so don't lecture me on what the Gita says about it.

And if you were being rude to a beggar on the street, you'd still get the same affects to your karma in someways...

Hmm, assuming the Phala of someones karma, not good.

Yet to be told, and know you might be speaking to someone who could be an avatar, proves the point in Kalki Purana, that people will be rude to dignitaries, and thus showing no respect for the Dharma.

I am sorry God Avatar, can you forgive me.

Quote the whole line, lol... Naraka (Sanskrit: नरक) is the Sanskrit word for the underworld; literally, of man.

Well, when i asked that what level of Naraka am i on, you claimed, "We're not in Naraka, it is below us in the lowest quantum level, in the dense fabric of matter....",

Your own interpretation does not match anything that is in your Wiki quote, first figure out what you are talking about before posting what you assume others don't understand.

Defining here as a place of man or Naraka tho isn't correct; both are just realms of consciousness.

Ahh, so you don't like Naraka to be "a place of Man', but only take it to be the Underworld because it justifies your preconceived ideas.

So within what you said the implications of Naraka being here, when i've been there myself, it sort of over turns any belief questions about its existence.

If Naraka is here, we have all been here and are here now, nothing special about you sir.

Yes, as on the specifications within the question, it shows what was believed for such a question to be asked.

Yes, Arjuna may have had these beliefs, does not mean that the Gita is making a statement about a actual Hell.

Never play the authority card to say others are wrong, said got first hand experience to say they're wrong, and have been shown what will occur.

Yeh, that is a "Authority Card".

Have you considered, maybe these things exist in the Gita, maybe my knowledge given to me by a voice speaking through the whole of reality, is slightly more authoritative than anything others have interpreted, and thus this is what the Gita says?

Yeh, i have, then when I snap myself out of this delusion, i tend to see things differently.

But statements like this:

Again being shown the Biblical prophecy at 5/6, 15, 22 years old, and then whilst studying; one has been guided by the divine all my life, and again you're accusing the divine as a know it all for explaining these things, have fun with what you're earning... sorry.

Coupled with a outright rejection of other peoples interpretation, such as this:

In your last quote from your Purohita were many massive Hindu concepts, which then placed along side BG 9.4 to analyze every point, and to help show how the logic was flawed in someway.

Makes me more confident that you sir a vary much drowning in your own egoistic delusions.

Poor people, same in many of the religions, everyone has scholars to explain spiritual matters, and with a majority being demons, really feel for the lack of understanding in the overall direction assumed.

I feel sorry you then

Satyamavejayanti

"JayaBholenath"

Vanakkam,
and
Namaste,

You can say whatever you want he'll still be like "you poor lost childrens, I'll explain to your still immature minds..."

Yeh, but one cant just ignore such kind of attitude, maybe being a bit upfront and straight forward with people like that we can at least ensure they are aware of their own faults.

Plus, i have nothing better to do anyway

Satyamavejayanti

"Kirran,"

Namaste,

Have you read the entirety of the Mahabharata, Satyam? Quite the labour of love!

Once completely from front to back, but that does not make me a expert, by no means, i cant be a Zakir naik and quote chapters and pages ect ect.

I haven't myself, although I'm very broadly familiar with the content.

I don't think you have to read the entire project, it is not meant for the book worm, but knowing some key elements is a good start, most of my knowledge comes from the Mahabharatta series of old, have been watching that and the Ramayana since i was young, its part of my life and philosophy.

Dhanyavad

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
but why take offence if you consider me your equal?
Lol, you've been asked multiple times to not be rude personally, as you can't distinguish between ego, and soul speaking...

You've got a very limited understanding on many religions globally, and refuse knowledge... Why would i consider you an equal?

To be straight tho, i consider myself below you, as only then can i truly try to raise the standard a bit...

Please forgive me for having to chastise; yet seriously i've spent my life studying morality, and sometimes in these conversations, finding the mannerism like an egotistical westernized savage, who only knows how to fight.
so don't lecture me on what the Gita says about it.
Wasn't lecturing, it is on context of the conversation, if people are not observant in their speech, then they prove they've got demons, and thus if they don't follow the Dharma, yet are busy defiling it by their words, of course i will defend the Dharma against such people.
Hmm, assuming the Phala of someones karma, not good.
It isn't an assumption to see Karma in the Matrix, to know how to change Karma reality via thought....

Most avatars know these things it is part of being One in consciousness, that we get shown these things....

Personally hardly go out, as find it as scary as Hell out there; as seems people have forgotten we can all see these things.
can you forgive me.
Forgiveness comes from repentance, which means to turn back towards the light; if someones attitude doesn't show they've been willing to learn, then how can one forgive them, if they're not willing to change.
"We're not in Naraka, it is below us in the lowest quantum level, in the dense fabric of matter....",

Your own interpretation does not match anything that is in your Wiki quote
It isn't an interpretation, it is based on first hand experience of having been there, and shown some of how reality functions...

So rather than quote from some ancient source, which doesn't have our modern scientific understanding, merely went to explain it from a more current explanation.

Admit could've gone searching around Hindu concepts to explain the same; yet due to multiple superstitions being interwoven over time, it is often not as scientific.
Naraka to be "a place of Man', but only take it to be the Underworld because it justifies your preconceived ideas.
Because it matches the dictionary meaning of the word 'Naraka', which means 'underworld'....

Defining something as a place of man, that has many other conscious entities there is stupid.
If Naraka is here, we have all been here and are here now, nothing special about you sir.
I'm not special for having been to Naraka, there are many NDEs, lots of religions globally all describing the same place below us.
Arjuna may have had these beliefs, does not mean that the Gita is making a statement about a actual Hell.
If you're going to only take one of the references to Naraka in the Gita; yet there are two, and the second also defines it as a place people are sent to.
then when I snap myself out of this delusion, i tend to see things differently.
Right so basically, your not open to questioning, as your preconceived notions override even accepting a different understanding; will remember your a waste of time having Satsang with, as you're not seeking truth.
Makes me more confident that you sir a vary much drowning in your own egoistic delusions.
Sorry, yet I'm just explaining my life experiences, and the idea you see that as ego only comes from you.
maybe being a bit upfront and straight forward with people like that we can at least ensure they are aware of their own faults.
Wow, not shown any faults, just made your own personal religious values seem very weak by your continual lack of manners, composure, and inner peace. :innocent:

Just to be clear this is the last time replying to so much ego from you, it is bad to even be evolved in such lack of discernment; forgive me, as do feel have been rude in response, yet this is just escalating due to a continued inability to not separate topic, and person. :(

Last edited:

Satyamavejayanti

"wizanda,"

Namaste,

Lol, you've been asked multiple times to not be rude personally, as you can't distinguish between ego, and soul speaking...

Well, i grew up in Australia (Western Sydney to be precise), so my way of expressing my self may seem "rude", to those who are not familiar with the cultural context that i grew up in. But i thought the Avatar would know all this?

You've got a very limited understanding on many religions globally, and refuse knowledge... Why would i consider you an equal?
To be straight tho, i consider myself below you, as only then can i truly try to raise the standard a bit...

Wow, sorry for being so inferior Mr Avatar.

Please forgive me for having to chastise; yet seriously i've spent my life studying morality, and sometimes in these conversations, finding the mannerism like an egotistical westernized savage, who only knows how to fight.

How can i a mere immoral backward brown skin Hindu, ever forgive you, a self declared Avatar.

Wasn't lecturing, it is on context of the conversation, if people are not observant in their speech, then they prove they've got demons, and thus if they don't follow the Dharma, yet are busy defiling it by their words, of course i will defend the Dharma against such people.

Sorry, so now i guess i am a Demon, according to you the great Avatar.

Most avatars know these things it is part of being One in consciousness, that we get shown these things....

How can i have been so blind to not see this oh great one.

Personally hardly go out, as find it as scary as Hell out there; as seems people have forgotten we can all see these things.

I kinda think you do need to get out a bit more, were not the other Avatars active in the public space.

Forgiveness comes from repentance, which means to turn back towards the light; if someones attitude doesn't show they've been willing to learn, then how can one forgive them, if they're not willing to change.

Guess im damned for ever then.

So rather than quote from some ancient source, which doesn't have our modern scientific understanding, merely went to explain it from a more current explanation.

Now, now Avatar Ji, lets not bring "Science", into this.

Admit could've gone searching around Hindu concepts to explain the same; yet due to multiple superstitions being interwoven over time, it is often not as scientific.

Yes, we Hindus are always chastised by the more "scientific", religions as being "Superstitious".

Right so basically, your not open to questioning, as your preconceived notions override even accepting a different understanding; will remember your a waste of time having Satsang with, as you're not seeking truth.

No, i don't want to be questioned, as i consider myself not being able to give accurate answers, but I am not the one claiming Avatar Hood here, how many questions did Krishna Ask Arjun in the Gita?

Just to be clear this is the last time replying to so much ego from you, it is bad to even be evolved in such lack of discernment; forgive me, as do feel have been rude in response, yet this is just escalating due to a continued inability to not separate topic, and person.

You are kidding me mate, read what you have written, to me every word in your post is full of a self assumed superiority.

Good luck and Dhanyavad

Status
Not open for further replies.