• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Demon Foes

Redemptionsong

The publication of a book by Richard Gallagher called 'Demon Foes' is helping to reignite interest in the issue of demonic possession.

Do you believe that demons exist and are able to possess a human spirit?

Do you have any experience of such oppression, either as a sufferer, witness, or exorcist?

Last edited:

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I believe there's entities that don't have positive intentions towards people or don't care about humans, for sure, but not in "evil" spirits. I think they have much the same range of personalities (if they can be said to have such) as human beings. I do think people can become possessed. I've experienced something along those lines (but I stopped it myself) and the goal of some religions is to become possessed by a spirit, such as with African traditional religions (but just for a time during a ceremony, not as an on-going thing).

I believe there's entities that don't have positive intentions towards people or don't care about humans, for sure, but not in "evil" spirits. I think they have much the same range of personalities (if they can be said to have such) as human beings. I do think people can become possessed. I've experienced something along those lines (but I stopped it myself) and the goal of some religions is to become possessed by a spirit, such as with African traditional religions (but just for a time during a ceremony, not as an on-going thing).
So what happened in your possession experience? How did it seem to come along or start, what are some of the things you were experiencing or seeing as it crept in or however it seemed to start and take over more, and how did you stop it? These tips might help people notice and also be able to get rid of things.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
So what happened in your possession experience? How did it seem to come along or start, what are some of the things you were experiencing or seeing as it crept in or however it seemed to start and take over more, and how did you stop it? These tips might help people notice and also be able to get rid of things.
I don't talk about that in public.

The publication of a book by Richard Gallagher called 'Demon Foes' is helping to reignite interest in the issue of demonic possession.

Do you believe that demons exist and can possess a human spirit?

Do you have any experience of such oppression, either as a sufferer, witness, or exorcist?

A lot of demonology here:
Live "Divi-nation" Magic Demon-stration!

Funnily, my last comment got moderated and deleted because I called MYSELF a wackjob (that was the joke). I'm a Demoniac.

I don't talk about that in public.
Alright, if you ever feel up to writing about it, you can message me in private or to my email [email protected] and I have heard accounts of these things from people all around the world and its a subject I have a lot of interest in, thank you, but its no problem if you don't feel like discussing it, the email option is always available to anyone at all though who might want to talk about stuff, paranormal stuff, whatever!

Audie

Veteran Member

What a shame, reignited the fears of moldy superstitions.

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
I don't know about "possession" but I think they can haunt a human, by attaching themselves to them and bothering them

I believe that I am currently being haunted by a demon

It's quite a long story

I can go into it if anyone's interested?

Redemptionsong

I haven't read Gallagher's book, but I am familiar with the writings of many Pentecostal authors.

Here are a couple of stories related by Smith Wigglesworth [1923]:

'I arrived one night in Gothenberg in Sweden and was asked to hold a meeting there. In the midst of the meeting a man fell full length in the doorway. The evil spirit threw him down, manifesting itself and disturbing the whole meeting. I rushed to the door and laid hold of this man and cried out to the evil spirit within him, "Come out, you devil! In the name of Jesus we cast you out as as an evil spirit." I lifted him up and said, "Stand on your feet and walk in the name of Jesus". I don't know whether anyone in the meeting understood me except the interpreter, but the devils knew what I said. I talked in English, but these devils in Sweden cleared out. A similar thing happened in Christiana.

The devil will endeavour to fascinate through the eyes and through the mind. At one time there was brought to me a beautiful young woman who had been fascinated with some preacher, and just because he had not given her satisfaction on the line of courtship and marriage, the devil took advantage and made her fanatical and mad. They brought her 250 miles in that condition. She had previously received the baptism in the Spirit. You ask, "Is there any place for the enemy in one that has been baptised in the Holy Ghost?" Our only safety is in going on with God and in being constantly being filled with the Holy Ghost. You must not forget Demas. He must have been baptized with the Holy Ghost for he appears to have been a right-hand worker for Paul, but the enemy got him to the place where he loved this present world and he dropped off. When they brought this young woman to me, the evil power was immediately discerned and immediately I cast the thing out in the name of Jesus. It was a great joy to present her before all the people in her right mind again.'

Redemptionsong

I don't know about "possession" but I think they can haunt a human, by attaching themselves to them and bothering them

It's quite a long story

Yes, I'd be interested to hear more. Thank you.

It's quite a long story

Super interested, spare no detail, go into as much detail as possible, even from before it started, search for all the possible elements and clues and signs and images, mention them all please.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Maybe, but nothing like what would require exorcism. Angels don't 'Fall'. That's just made up patched together nonsense probs. This likely arises from the claims that scriptures are something other than what they are. For example if apostle Paul says scriptures are inspired he probably does not mean they are written without hands. It means that inspiration is put into them. There should be a difference between inspiration and 'No human made content.' Jesus drives out a demon in a gospel. Peter drives one out in Acts. This does not mean people can be possessed by demons any more than drinking wine is drinking blood or eating bread is eating human flesh, except that it does in a different sense. The writers have brains, and they expect us to use ours. They don't expect us to be just taking everything without thinking about it and checking it with wisdom and scripture.

I have looked around to find people who said they did. I don't trust the people who have claims so though for various reasons. Most people have said absolutely not. I have also been in church services where exorcisms were performed. They looked almost identical to videos (on youtube) of imams driving out demons through the reading of the Quran. Ridiculous to me.

MOLD IS ALIVE!
And is an actual danger.

"operative" is the new word for 'imaginary"?
Haha, I meant that people have been believing in them consistently to this day, they were never put away or left unused overall that they should have become unusable like some food that is outdated, since people have been eating it (maybe its like Gorgonzola or whatever) every since, and new superstitions are developed as well while the long lasting ones have been recycled and repeated and are actively being used and believed, so I meant operative as in they are still operating, still operating by the use of people operating them, operating in their speech, in their minds, upon one another, etc.

Maybe, but nothing like what would require exorcism. Angels don't 'Fall'. That's just made up patched together nonsense probs. This likely arises from the claims that scriptures are something other than what they are. For example if apostle Paul says scriptures are inspired he probably does not mean they are written without hands. It means that inspiration is put into them. There should be a difference between inspiration and 'No human made content.' Jesus drives out a demon in a gospel. Peter drives one out in Acts. This does not mean people can be possessed by demons any more than drinking wine is drinking blood or eating bread is eating human flesh, except that it does in a different sense. The writers have brains, and they expect us to use ours. They don't expect us to be just taking everything without thinking about it and checking it with wisdom and scripture.

I have looked around to find people who said they did. I don't trust the people who have claims so though for various reasons. Most people have said absolutely not. I have also been in church services where exorcisms were performed. They looked almost identical to videos (on youtube) of imams driving out demons through the reading of the Quran. Ridiculous to me.

That is just what the demons want me to think! That those videos and demonstrations look as fake and lame as hell, where I am going for not believing them at all! FM(D)L!

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
Yes, I'd be interested to hear more. Thank you.
OK, here we go:

Since 2004 I've been continually pestered by what I believe to be some kind of demon

It is unseen, it doesn't have an apperance

Basically, it responds to my inner voice by touching my body - where it touches me means different things, for instance it touching me on the left of my head, above my left eye means "yes" and it touching the right of my head above my right eye means "no". It can also make my body twitch and draw my attention to things in my visual field by a quick streak of whiteness.

Because of this I have been diagnosed as "schizophrenic" but I have never "heard voices" and medication has done nothing to make it go away, and neither has trying to drive it out, for example commanding it in the name of Jesus, praying, or declaring "get behind me Satan!" - so I have tried

It seems to want to guide me, but I have no idea where to - but I don't believe it to be good so don't really want to go to wherever it may want to guide me...

In the past it has lied to me - it has told me that it is God (or the Holy Spirit) and that I am a prophet. It keeps telling me this, but I don't believe it. In the past it maintained that I was Jesus Christ, which I don't believe either. It has also told me that the world and all who live in it are a computer simulation - for a long time I believed this and made many threads about it here on RF. And when it first started communicating with me it told me it was a computer, communicating with me via satellites and neural-implants.

It has contributed nothing to my wellbeing, indeed I'd say that it has been detrimental to my wellbeing
  • It has made me make a fool of me - especially here on RF
  • It has made me be diagnosed as having a nasty-sounding mental illness
  • It means that people consider me mentally unwell, which is not nice
It all started when I was at university in 2004

I took a lot of drugs and practiced a lot of introspection - I did lots of what I now recognise as "automatic writing" (at the time I called it a flow of consciousness) - I believe the drugs and the opening up of my mind made me a soft target for a demon

Automatic writing is very dangerous, there is no way to tell what you are channelling - don't ever do it

I know that it is not a mental illness, and I know it's not good, for instance I know it is not an Angel. The only other explanation is, in my mind, "Demon".

It has lied to me in the past and I have learnt not to trust it.

It all seems rather pointless too, I have no idea what it's getting out of haunting me or why it keeps bothering me :shrug:

OK, here we go:

Since 2004 I've been continually pestered by what I believe to be some kind of demon

It is unseen, it doesn't have an apperance

Basically, it responds to my inner voice by touching my body - where it touches me means different things, for instance it touching me on the left of my head, above my left eye means "yes" and it touching the right of my head above my right eye means "no". It can also make my body twitch and draw my attention to things in my visual field by a quick streak of whiteness.

Because of this I have been diagnosed as "schizophrenic" but I have never "heard voices" and medication has done nothing to make it go away, and neither has trying to drive it out, for example commanding it in the name of Jesus, praying, or declaring "get behind me Satan!" - so I have tried

It seems to want to guide me, but I have no idea where to - but I don't believe it to be good so don't really want to go to wherever it may want to guide me...

In the past it has lied to me - it has told me that it is God (or the Holy Spirit) and that I am a prophet. It keeps telling me this, but I don't believe it. In the past it maintained that I was Jesus Christ, which I don't believe either. It has also told me that the world and all who live in it are a computer simulation - for a long time I believed this and made many threads about it here on RF. And when it first started communicating with me it told me it was a computer, communicating with me via satellites and neural-implants.

It has contributed nothing to my wellbeing, indeed I'd say that it has been detrimental to my wellbeing
  • It has made me make a fool of me - especially here on RF
  • It has made me be diagnosed as having a nasty-sounding mental illness
  • It means that people consider me mentally unwell, which is not nice
It all started when I was at university in 2004

I took a lot of drugs and practiced a lot of introspection - I did lots of what I now recognise as "automatic writing" (at the time I called it a flow of consciousness) - I believe the drugs and the opening up of my mind made me a soft target for a demon

Automatic writing is very dangerous, there is no way to tell what you are channelling - don't ever do it

I know that it is not a mental illness, and I know it's not good, for instance I know it is not an Angel. The only other explanation is, in my mind, "Demon".

It has lied to me in the past and I have learnt not to trust it.

It all seems rather pointless too, I have no idea what it's getting out of haunting me or why it keeps bothering me :shrug:

Thank you, I have no doubt about your descriptions of what you are experiencing as accurate. Thank you for writing that out so clearly. Since this thing that is bothering you seems to not be going anywhere, at least you can use it in the "reverse" fashion, as you have been, by defying its illogical statements and lies, so that in that sense, it can help you by always letting you know what is wrong and forcing you to use your reason, in that way, it can be considered a sort of adversarial "guide" that encourages you to think, and thereby you can become strengthened by its error, and converting its detriment to your benefit, how does that sound?