• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

demon/angel

Electra

All this angel/demon stuff sounds too clear cut and Christian for me. I actually just learned that angel wings are feathered because they are rooted in birds of prey, and when we really look into books like the Torah we see that basically everyone there is working for God, and some of the most respected angels are seriously, seriously scary (like Samael).

I think there is a duality but one of physical/non-physical, rather than good/evil or dark/light.

yea, it is more complicated then this.
I think I will be working on material to share about this some time.
Yep, this is what I mean but I am not yet well versed at articulating myself well.
Demons are more material based, while angels are more unity based.
neither is bad or good.

e.g demons will help with manifesting, which is material.
angels will help you see the bigger picture not necessarily help with the physical change as much.

I just find it interesting that whom I have come across so far either work with mostly/just demons or mostly/just angels, that's why I was putting to the motion here to test the waters.

p.s cool notes, I likey

Last edited:

Kapalika

Premium Member
All this angel/demon stuff sounds too clear cut and Christian for me. I actually just learned that angel wings are feathered because they are rooted in birds of prey, and when we really look into books like the Torah we see that basically everyone there is working for God, and some of the most respected angels are seriously, seriously scary (like Samael).

I think there is a duality but one of physical/non-physical, rather than good/evil or dark/light.

Many are depicted as cosmic horror type of scary. So ya. Yahweh wasn't ****ing around. It's actually interesting how ancient Hebrews saw Yahweh as a henotheistic deity but today Christians think he's monotheistic.There's actually some history of how Yahweh came to be by combining many different regional gods. I'm not sure what the ancient Hebrews actually believed about Yahweh's status as creator but they do make nods, if you understand the historical context, to Yahweh being forms out of different gods. If I had to guess the creator stuff came later or maybe they just thought he made the earthy parts and the sky above it (they did believe in a flat earth with a dome sky after all). As it does talk about things in other lore about stuff existing before him.