• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Democrats say the damnedest things.....

tytlyf

Not Religious
My personal favorite daft Democrat quote is this:

It is a very uncomfortable choice of words in the first sentence. "The future MUST NOT belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Chilling stuff, to be sure. What is laughable is the thought of those rampaging mobs throwing a hissy fit over the last part of this short paragraph. Um, not gonna happen, Barry.
Here we go again, why don't you post the entire quote instead of cherry-picking for your own personal context?

PRESIDENT OBAMA addresses the U.N. General Assembly: The future must not belong to those who target Coptic Christians in Egypt – it must be claimed by those in Tahrir Square who chanted “Muslims, Christians, we are one.” The future must not belong to those who bully women – it must be shaped by girls who go to school, and those who stand for a world where our daughters can live their dreams just like our sons. The future must not belong to those corrupt few who steal a country’s resources – it must be won by the students and entrepreneurs; workers and business owners who seek a broader prosperity for all people. Those are the men and women that America stands with; theirs is the vision we will support.

The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam. Yet to be credible, those who condemn that slander must also condemn the hate we see when the image of Jesus Christ is desecrated, churches are destroyed, or the Holocaust is denied.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Here we go again, why don't you post the entire quote instead of cherry-picking for your own personal context?
I understand what he is meaning, tytlyf, however it isn't a terribly realistic view of the world. For the leader of the so-called "free world" to decry "slander" against Muhammad is almost unconscionable. Fortunately, this outright pandering to the Muslim world does not seem to be working. You do understand that "slander" in our terms is not quite the same thing in Muslim terms, right? Are you in favor of limiting speech so as not to be offensive to Muslims?

Alceste

Vagabond
The F&S Gun Rights Interviews: Joe Biden, Vice President of the United States | Field & Stream

For the record, Biden is arguing that a shotgun is just as effective as a high capacity automatic weapon at protecting yourself from home invaders. He's not saying you should shoot people through the door.

Why is it you guys can only make these comments sound stupid by taking them out of context and pretending they're literal? Don't democrats ever say and mean anything genuinely stupid, like republicans?

Alceste

Vagabond
I understand what he is meaning, tytlyf, however it isn't a terribly realistic view of the world. For the leader of the so-called "free world" to decry "slander" against Muhammad is almost unconscionable. Fortunately, this outright pandering to the Muslim world does not seem to be working. You do understand that "slander" in our terms is not quite the same thing in Muslim terms, right? Are you in favor of limiting speech so as not to be offensive to Muslims?

In context, he was actually lecturing muslims to get their act together.

tytlyf

Not Religious
Why is it you guys can only make these comments sound stupid by taking them out of context and pretending they're literal? Don't democrats ever say and mean anything genuinely stupid, like republicans?
Propaganda outlets. Spin spin spin. People don't take the time to research the facts.
It's not illegal to lie and misinform people on purpose.

Alceste

Vagabond
Propaganda outlets. Spin spin spin. People don't take the time to research the facts.

I'm just surprised at how willing some folks are to be manipulated this way and how proudly they parade their lack of reading comprehension.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
The F&S Gun Rights Interviews: Joe Biden, Vice President of the United States | Field & Stream

For the record, Biden is arguing that a shotgun is just as effective as a high capacity automatic weapon at protecting yourself from home invaders. He's not saying you should shoot people through the door.

Well, granted my reading comprehension pales in comparrison to your own, dear Alceste, but let's see the actual quote, shall we?

Joe "Um said:
I said, “Well, you know, my shotgun will do better for you than your AR-15, because you want to keep someone away from your house, just fire the shotgun through the door.” Most people can handle a shotgun a hell of a lot better than they can a semiautomatic weapon in terms of both their aim and in terms of their ability to deter people coming. We can argue whether that’s true or not, but it is no argument that, for example, a shotgun could do the same job of protecting you. Now, granted, you can come back and say, “Well, a machine gun could do a better job of protecting me.” No one’s arguing we should make machine guns legal.
What Joe is ignoring completely is the famous, distinct kick that a shotgun creates when firing. The 2nd point is the spread from the type of ammunition is pretty hideous, compared to virtually any other weapon, short of a rocket launcher. In other words, providing you can withstand the unexpected "kick" or recoil, yeah, you just might hit something. Contrast this with an AR-15 which has almost no kick at all. And looky there, he does in fact say, "to keep someone away from your house, just fire the shotgun through the door." Hopefully that person is not an IRS agent or a Jehova's Witness or Boy Scout...

Sorry kiddies, not much need to "spin" anything on this baby, One would hope that Joe is kept away from shotguns however.... and from pretty red buttons.... Just sayin...

I will, of course, defer to those who are far more knowledgeable about said firearms, like Revoltingest. I'd love to hear what he has to say about the comment from "Wild" Joe given above.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Agree, Obummer certainly has taken lying and misinforming to the stage of being an art form.

I'm just surprised at how willing some folks are to be manipulated this way and how proudly they parade their lack of reading comprehension.
You and me both, Alceste. It is amusing to see people thumping their chest in a clear demonstration of their ignorance. That Kool-Aid is powerful stuff, to be sure.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Not much firearms knowledge is needed to understand that firing a shotgun thru one's door is a very very bad idea.
- If someone is standing outside your house, there is no clear threat. The perp might not even enter. It would be wrong to kill or injure him.
- The effect of the shotgun blast would be diminished unpredictably by the door's resistance.
- One cannot aim well when the perp isn't visible.
- If using slugs or buckshot, there would be projectiles which would carry far beyond your doorstep, possibly injuring that cute toddler across the street.

Biden is dispensing very stupid & dangerous advice.
But it is great sport watching Democratic apologists try to spin his mistaken musings as wisdom.
Let's just hope that no one is injured or killed as a result of Biden's boners

Last edited:

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
In context, he was actually lecturing muslims to get their act together.
ROTFLMAO.... Oh, Alceste, that is SO rich. You've made my day. So, are you good with limiting speech so as not to be offensive to Muslims? Do you understand what "slander" entails in Islamic jurisprudence? Seriously? Lastly, do you really think that those rampaging mobs give a rat's hindquarters to anything that Mr. Obama says? Welcome to the death of freedom of speech.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Not much firearms knowledge is needed to understand that firing a shotgun thru one's door is a very very bad idea.
- If someone is standing outside your house, there is no clear threat. The perp might not even enter. It would be wrong to kill or injure him.
- The effect of the shotgun blast would be diminished unpredictably by the door's resistance.
- One cannot aim well when the perp isn't visible.
- If using slugs or buckshot, there would be projectiles which would carry far beyond your doorstep, possibly injuring that cute toddler across the street.

Biden is dispensing very stupid & dangerous advice.
But it is great sport watching Democratic apologists try to spin his mistaken musings as wisdom.
Let's just hope that no one is injured or killed as a result of Biden's boners
As a non-gun owner, and a person who has never even fired a gun, am I right about the recoil thingy? *Crosses fingers*

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
ROTFLMAO.... Oh, Alceste, that is SO rich. You've made my day. So, are you good with limiting speech so as not to be offensive to Muslims? Do you understand what "slander" entails in Islamic jurisprudence? Seriously? Lastly, do you really think that those rampaging mobs give a rat's hindquarters to anything that Mr. Obama says? Welcome to the death of freedom of speech.
Actually, I'd say that Obama's remarks, when seen in context, carried a different & more benign meaning,
ie, that both sides need more tolerance & peace. I'm OK with that message.
Contrast this with his "you didn't build that" speech. Yes, he didn't mean to say what it sounded like in the
context of preceding several sentences, but in the context of his whole speech, he really did mean that business
types don't build their companies, & that they work no harder or smarter than your average Johnny Lunchpail.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
As a non-gun owner, and a person who has never even fired a gun, am I right about the recoil thingy? *Crosses fingers*
If one doesn't train to use a shotgun properly, then recoil is a problem.
[youtube]0DwccRBc5A8[/youtube]
Shotgun Recoil Fail - YouTube
People who won't take the trouble to train with their weapon of
choice, aren't ready to take on the responsibility of using it.

Alceste

Vagabond
Well, granted my reading comprehension pales in comparrison to your own, dear Alceste, but let's see the actual quote, shall we?

What Joe is ignoring completely is the famous, distinct kick that a shotgun creates when firing. The 2nd point is the spread from the type of ammunition is pretty hideous, compared to virtually any other weapon, short of a rocket launcher. In other words, providing you can withstand the unexpected "kick" or recoil, yeah, you just might hit something. Contrast this with an AR-15 which has almost no kick at all. And looky there, he does in fact say, "to keep someone away from your house, just fire the shotgun through the door." Hopefully that person is not an IRS agent or a Jehova's Witness or Boy Scout...

Sorry kiddies, not much need to "spin" anything on this baby, One would hope that Joe is kept away from shotguns however.... and from pretty red buttons.... Just sayin...

I will, of course, defer to those who are far more knowledgeable about said firearms, like Revoltingest. I'd love to hear what he has to say about the comment from "Wild" Joe given above.

Probably the door he's thinking of is already open, so you can see whether it's a boy scout or a Jehovah's witness, giving you ample time to decide to shoot the latter.

The rest of your criticism is a refreshing change from the cacophony of conservatives agreeing with each other that Joe Biden thinks and stated people should shoot shotguns through closed doors.

I know nothing about guns. I'll leave you folks to debate the relative merits of shotguns vs. machine guns when it comes to shooting unwanted visitors during a breakdown of civil order. (I believe the rapture was an example given).

Alceste

Vagabond

Erm... You don't seem to have read the whole quote. Trust me, speeches make a lot more sense if you look at all the words together instead of picking one or two and freaking out about it.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Erm... You don't seem to have read the whole quote. Trust me, speeches make a lot more sense if you look at all the words together instead of picking one or two and freaking out about it.
Actually, Alceste, I read the speech from stem to stern and went back and reviewed several sections. Overall, I tend to agree with his Revoltingest that this is a pretty ho-hum speech with little substance - sort of like Obama himself. I do find that particular line to be objectionable however, due to its wide ranging implications, especially since the passage of the non-binding UN Resolution, which for the first time America endorsed.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Alabama lawmaker's email: 'Slave-holding, murdering, adulterous, baby-raping, snaggle-toothed kin folk' | al.com
Eddie Maxwell sent a mass email to state legislators at 10:54 p.m. on Jan. 27, warning them that even attempting to introduce a gun control bill was, in his opinion, a violation of state law.Mitchell responded from his public, ALHouse.gov email account at 11:59 p.m., telling Maxwell: "Your folk never used all this sheit (sic) to protect my folk from your slave-holding, murdering, adulterous, baby-raping, incestuous, snaggle-toothed, backward-a**ed, inbreed (sic), imported criminal-minded kin folk."