• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Democrats say the damnedest things.....

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I understand completely what she said. Not my problem you don't. You most likely hold a minority view in America of the statement.
If you understand, then perhaps you could enlighten us about what she meant when she said it's legal to hunt humans.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
And republicans never place partisanship before principals. :rolleyes:
There's no need to school me with a sarcastic jab at the Pubs.
I've long claimed they're just as full of delusional partisanship as the Dems.
But this is, after all, a thread about damnable things said by Dems.

Is this the point where some Dem apologist will jump & scream "False equivalency!"?

tytlyf

Not Religious
Even if true, your explanation remains inane and does nothing to mitigate the abject stupidity of the statement made by Senator Feinstein.
I understood exactly what she was referring to the first time I listened to the entire speech. We'll just have to disagree.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I'll break it down for you in the context of the sentence. 2 parts.
"Legal to hunt humans"
"Legal"
-referring to the magazine capacities that are legal
"Hunt humans"
-referring to the shooters of the mass-murder tragedies of late (colombine, aurora, newtown)
Why does everything have to be spun?
If she says it's "legal to hunt humans", & she wants to reduce the magazine capacity of weapons used to hunt humans,
they yes....we agree on what she said. This appears to be a meaning without spin. But I get a strong impression that
Dem apologists are spinning it such that she meant somethings else. What on Earth would it be?

tytlyf

Not Religious
So you are good with the equating hunters with murderers?
She's not referring to casual game hunters, etc. She's referring to these sick individuals who's plan is to hunt humans and kill as many as possible. She's just mentioning that the legal part of that statement is the magazine sizes which are legal to own.

Here's the transcript.
“The time has come, America, to step up and ban these weapons,” Feinstein said. “The other very important part of this bill is to ban large capacity ammunition feeding devices — those that hold more than 10 rounds. We have federal regulations and state laws that prohibit hunting ducks with more than three rounds. And yet it’s legal to hunt humans with 15-round, 30-round, even 150-round magazines. Limiting magazine capacity is critical, because it is when a criminal, a drug dealer, a deranged individual has to pause to change magazines and reload that, the police or brave bystanders have the opportunity to take that individual down.”

Alceste

Vagabond

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
While what what she said wasn't meant to be taken literally, the logic is still nonsensical. It's like claiming a car with more horse power equates to legalized vehicular manslaughter.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
And at least she didn't tell folks to buy a shotgun and fire it through a door, or fire both barrels into the air. :eek:
Biden Advises Shooting Shotgun Through Door - US News and World Report
Vice President Joe Biden told Field & Stream magazine in an interview published Monday, "[if] you want to keep
someone away from your house, just fire the shotgun through the door." Coincidentally, a 22-year-old man in
Virginia Beach, Va., was charged Monday with reckless handling of a firearm after doing just that a couple days earlier.
This man is Obama's best guardian.
Even I would take a bullet to save Obama, lest we see Biden's finger on the nuclear button.

4consideration

Premium Member
By her logic, I wonder if she also thinks that axe murdering is legal, since large axes are easily available to the public. If big, dangerous things being available for purchase makes anything you do with that thing somehow suddenly legal, one might think so -- but only if you use a large one -- small ones still make the act illegal, I suppose.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
My personal favorite daft Democrat quote is this:

Barry Obama said:
The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam. But to be credible, those who condemn that slander must also condemn the hate we see in the images of Jesus Christ that are desecrated, or churches that are destroyed, or the Holocaust that is denied.
It is a very uncomfortable choice of words in the first sentence. "The future MUST NOT belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Chilling stuff, to be sure. What is laughable is the thought of those rampaging mobs throwing a hissy fit over the last part of this short paragraph. Um, not gonna happen, Barry.

Last edited: