• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Democrats say the damnedest things.....

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I guess we're the only ones that actually got what she meant....:p
Well, the thread's title is "Democrats Say The Darndest Things"....not "Democrats Mean The Darndest Things".
But of course, fellow Dems will cut her some slack for gaffe, cuz after all, she's on your side.

Tarheeler

Argumentative Curmudgeon
Premium Member
:shrug: I though it was decent hyperbole.

It was clear what she meant and it got her point across.

tytlyf

Not Religious
What, precisely, does the size of a magazine have to do with legally hunting humans?
I'll break it down for you in the context of the sentence. 2 parts.

"Legal to hunt humans"

"Legal"
-referring to the magazine capacities that are legal

"Hunt humans"
-referring to the shooters of the mass-murder tragedies of late (colombine, aurora, newtown)

Why does everything have to be spun?

Apex

Somewhere Around Nothing

"Legal to hunt humans"

"Legal"

"Hunt humans"
-referring to the shooters of the mass-murder tragedies of late (colombine, aurora, newtown)

Still not making any kind of logical sense.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery

"Legal to hunt humans"

"Legal"

"Hunt humans"

But larger gun magazines do not allow the user to "legally hunt humans", therefore her suggestion is entirely without merit.

There is also the deliberate attempt at conflating hunters with murderers. It makes her look silly and undermines her argument.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Just watched it. Still zero logical sense in her statement.
It's even weirder than the "legitimate rape" comment, where I could sorta see the stupid point he wanted to make.
Feinstein reiterated the gaffe with great intention. What did she mean?

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
I think she should, (Diane Feinstein) be removed from office for breaking her oath to defend the constitution.

tytlyf

Not Religious
I think she should, (Diane Feinstein) be removed from office for breaking her oath to defend the constitution.
I understand completely what she said. Not my problem you don't. You most likely hold a minority view in America of the statement.