• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Democrats say the damnedest things.....

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
One corrupt practice which really hits home lately is gov lending money to banks for free, so that they can lend it to us at a big mark up.
A neighbor is refinancing his house at a little under 4% + some costs, & waiving some fees. Great deal, eh? Well, it's a gov program wherein
the taxpayers pay for the waived fees, borrow the money from China, lend it to the bank for free, & then charge us (taxpayers) for it all.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
One corrupt practice which really hits home lately is gov lending money to banks for free, so that they can lend it to us at a big mark up.
A neighbor is refinancing his house at a little under 4% + some costs, & waiving some fees. Great deal, eh? Well, it's a gov program wherein
the taxpayers pay for the waived fees, borrow the money from China, lend it to the bank for free, & then charge us (taxpayers) for it all.

Sounds like your neighbor is fine with it...if that is really how it is all structured. Did you tell him to go with another bank that's not using that govt. program that could get him the same rate?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Sounds like your neighbor is fine with it...if that is really how it is all structured. Did you tell him to go with another bank that's not using that govt. program that could get him the same rate?
Hey, we both pay taxes, & we both vote against the pols who make the rules, so we play the game.
If I could slop at that federal trough then I would too. But we'd still rather scrap this system.

If you play chess, & think the rule about casting is bogus, does that stop you from using it?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Democratic lawmaker apologizes for suggesting women afraid of rape can't be trusted with guns | The Daily Caller
Democratic Colorado state Rep. Joe Salazar apologized Monday for suggesting some women are so unjustifiably afraid of being raped that they are liable to start shooting wildly.
Salazar, arguing in favor of disarming college students, said Friday on the Colorado House floor that women fearing rape may suddenly and haphazardly ”pop a round at somebody.”

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I happened to remember this wonderful quote from Hillary in 2008....
"And you’re right, on a couple of occasions in the last weeks I just said some things that weren’t in keeping with what I knew to be the case....".
It took 17 words (underlined) to say "I lied.".

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Well, to be fair, RevoltingOne, anecdotes about Joe Biden don't count. Though I did find his last two quips about the use of shotguns to be most entertaining. Admittedly, he is probably the best insurance policy Obummer could hope for.
True dat. Biden is better protection for Obama than a whole herd of SS agents.

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
The biggest vibe I get from Diane is, I don't think she believes under any circumstance that we should be allowed to kill someone in self defense.

She is not just anti-gun, she is anti-self defense.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
The biggest vibe I get from Diane is, I don't think she believes under any circumstance that we should be allowed to kill someone in self defense.

She is not just anti-gun, she is anti-self defense.

That sort of mentality boils my blood. "That's what cops are for" (as if they could instantaneously appear before harm is done), "you should just run, etc." (as if that's always realistic). It's as if they prefer that harm come to the victim before it comes to the assailant.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
How about Diane Feinstein's strident claim that it's legal to hunt humans?
(She just wants to regulate the guns used for this purpose.)
The measured tone of the comment does not make it sound like she "misspoke". That being the case, where is it possible to hunt humans?