• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Democrats Expect The Media To "Carry Their Water"

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I agree, it's kind of daft to expect capitalist media to react positively to something when they aren't being paid to do so.
Same positive reaction as hiring child actor's and passing it as being real?

esmith

Veteran Member
For those who actually want some news that contains the facts of what’s in the Infrastructure Bill….
Biden's Infrastructure Plan: Inside the $4.5 Trillion Deal - SmartAsset

As @Jose Fly points out, yes it must be very frustrating when all the MSM talks about is the rightwing DINOs Manchin and Sinema, and the price tag, without discussing the counterpoints of getting the uber-rich to pay even a little tax money for once, or the vast improvements that have been laid out in detail for the press to discuss at their leisure. As always, the MSM take all their leads from the right-wing propaganda outlets. :facepalm:

1,000 Billion equals 1 trillion
3.5 trillion equas 3,500 Billion
The $3.5 trillion bill in the link only adds up to 1.7485 trillion
Where is the other 1.7515 trillion going?

tytlyf

Not Religious
tut tut now your showing your true colors.
I hope you learn that RW media is in the business of scaring the crap out of it's audience 24/7 365. Intentionally.
CNN, MSNBC, ABC, NBC, CBS, etc do not do that.
While you hate the above outlets because RW media has trained you to hate them, doesn't mean they're less honest and trustworthy with their reporting.
And they don't use hyperbole and panic mongering language all day long.

Hyperbole and panic mongering language is propaganda. Targeting your emotions.
That's why RW media is dangerous and should be ignored.

esmith

Veteran Member
I hope you learn that RW media is in the business of scaring the crap out of it's audience 24/7 365. Intentionally.
While you hate the above outlets because RW media has trained you to hate them, doesn't mean they're less honest and trustworthy with their reporting.

Only for those that can't handle the truth or have their head in the sand.

Jose Fly

Fisker of men

RW media outlets, and especially Christian ones, have monetized outrage. They know exactly which subjects push their readers' buttons and get them all riled up, so they publish lots of articles on those subjects. The end result for their readers though is a distorted view of the real world.

For example, if you go by the daily contents of say....the Christian Post....you'd think transgenders were everywhere, lurking in every public space just waiting to assault you....or that every public school class was 100% about convincing the students to switch genders.

What fascinates me is how so many are completely oblivious to how they're being manipulated.

tytlyf

Not Religious
Only for those that can't handle the truth or have their head in the sand.
I'm interested in middle class and worker policies. Not corporate policies. Your media pushes corporate policy. You support corporate policy.

Republicans support corporate policy, not middle class policy. They don't want you to know that. But their actions say otherwise. All you have to do is listen.

There's a reason democratic states have better economies. Red states are moochers. But you don't care about any of that. You're more interested in hatred and 'voting for the lesser of 2 evils."

If you were really informed, you'd understand republican media hides a lot of negative things republicans do on a weekly basis.

Twilight Hue

Hardly , with real world policy proposals in line with China's way of doing things.

You need to take the blinders off.

The warnings are justified more often than not.

Twilight Hue

I don't support corporate policy like you do. Keep helping to destroy the middle class.
I'm against corporate influence over government policies that made the monsters we see today. Not free market capitalism.

Your precious Democrats are just as bad as your hated Republicans.

F1fan

Veteran Member
I'm against corporate influence over government policies that made the monsters we see today. Not free market capitalism.
So then you oppose Citizens United?

Would you ban lobbyists? Would you ban corporate donations to politicians (since corporations aren't people after all)? You would be in favor of more equal political campaigns? And you would support more voting access by citizens, not more restrictions?

Perhaps that they have to grovel to corporations for donations so they can compete with republicans. As far as policies that help the average citizen, no. Democrats are far superior to republicans.

Twilight Hue

So then you oppose Citizens United?

Would you ban lobbyists? Would you ban corporate donations to politicians (since corporations aren't people after all)? You would be in favor of more equal political campaigns? And you would support more voting access by citizens, not more restrictions?

Perhaps that they have to grovel to corporations for donations so they can compete with republicans. As far as policies that help the average citizen, no. Democrats are far superior to republicans.
I would love to see special interest and lobbying banned altogether. Also in addition, get rid of the cooperations are people crap.

tytlyf

Not Religious

Wrong. A republican vote is a vote for corporate control of our government. We've witnessed the damage republicans have done to our democracy since Reagan.