• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Democrats drift into Marxism. Why?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
People talking about Marxism when they haven't read a shred of Marx is always funny to me.
People who say they've read his work, but can't
give a coherent definition or explanation of marxism
are rather a hoot too.

I sense trying to use quibbling over arcane aspects
of it as a means to deflect criticism of it.

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
They should let me in if they want to see an actual LW leader in office. By the time I'm done even the most hardened Reps will be climbing over each other to vote for Bernie to get rid of me.
Lol im similar. Especially if i was trying to get the prisons reformed, have unmarried quasiplatonic relationships given some of the same legal rights as married couples if they wish and polyamourous marriages recoginized, free healthcare and college and have the minimum wage increased, get gun regulation, defund the military, demilitarized the police, outlaw spanking children, decriminalize all drugs and include more funding in rehabiliation and mental health services, attempt to fix the foster care system, get rid abstinent only education, etc...oh i could scare the **** out of some Republicans...

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
People who can't grok sociopolitical philosophy unless it's ridiculously dumbed down into a sentence or two, are also amusing.
If someone is unable to explain a political or economic
concept to an unfamiliar person, does that someone
really understand it? They feel they understand, but
the inability to put it into clear words belies that.
To like something is often confused with understanding.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
The actual policymaking which has nothing to do with Marxism, which you would know if you, you know, read any Marx.
I disagree. The left-wing push for big centralized mandate oriented government is far too obvious to deny.

It's already clear in states like NewYork and California that have essentially an entrenched rigged one party system going on for decades now.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Not a surprising post. Since conservatives in this country are racing towards turning us into a Christian Nationalist Theocracy, he's got to make up more b.s. about liberals turning into Marxists.
I don't think the left's attacks in similar threads are
any more valid than the right's attacks on the left.
Both sides appear to dwell too much in very recent
news, the stereotypes, & the consequent fears.
But such dueling threads have long existed, & will
continue.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Lol im similar. Especially if i was trying to get the prisons reformed, have unmarried quasiplatonic relationships given some of the same legal rights as married couples if they wish and polyamourous marriages recoginized, free healthcare and college and have the minimum wage increased, get gun regulation, defund the military, demilitarized the police, outlaw spanking children, decriminalize all drugs and include more funding in rehabiliation and mental health services, attempt to fix the foster care system, get rid abstinent only education, etc...oh i could scare the **** out of some Republicans...
The only difference is I would get rid of all marriage benefits. Those who are married shouldn't get any special perks or privileges (especially when it comes to taxes) just for being married.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I disagree. The left-wing push for big centralized mandate oriented government is to obvious to deny.

It's already clear in states like NewYork and California that have essentially an entrenched rigged one party system for decades now.
How about learning about California before making such an ignorant and factually incorrect statement?
One party? Then why are there Reps like Devin Nunes from here in Congress?
Or could it be we mostly just don't agree with you? Surely that can't just be it and it mist surely be rigged because of course we agree with you and your Conservative views even though we're California. :rolleyes:
But, seriously, even Congressional districts here represented by Reps in the "conservative" Central Valley are bleeding heart liberal compared to the MidWest. It's just a very different attitude and worldviews here.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Just picking one....
Imagine having no military. Putin would just roll
over Ukraine & other neighbors. China would
ape Putin in his area of the world.
Ameristan is rather isolated from foes by some
goodly oceans, but eventually those aggressors
might want a piece.
Is this good policy, ie, becoming largely defenseless?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
How about learning about California before making such an ignorant and factually incorrect statement?
One party? Then why are there Reps like Devin Nunes from here in Congress?
Or could it be we mostly just don't agree with you? Surely that can't just be it and it mist surely be rigged because of course we agree with you and your Conservative views even though we're California. :rolleyes:
But, seriously, even Congressional districts here represented by Reps in the "conservative" Central Valley are bleeding heart liberal compared to the MidWest. It's just a very different attitude and worldviews here.
Let's see. Last Republican governor of good ole Cali was Arnold. Right?

That was when? Way back in 2003 to 2007?

Then there was the intentional banning of Republicans names on the election ballot as well if I recall.....

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
The only difference is I would get rid of all marriage benefits. Those who are married shouldn't get any special perks or privileges (especially when it comes to taxes) just for being married.
Yeah well I should be been more specific. I dont know much about marriage benefits. I would get rid of some(especially tax exemptions)but one benefit of marriage i think should apply to quasiplatonic relationships is that (and i may be wrong on this)the partner is legally recognized as the person to make medical decisions if you can't make them yourself without you having to have them get power of attorney.
Just picking one....
Imagine having no military. Putin would just roll
over Ukraine & other neighbors. China would
ape Putin in his area of the world.
Ameristan is rather isolated from foes by some
goodly oceans, but eventually those aggressors
might want a piece.
Is this good policy, ie, becoming largely defenseless?
Did i say get rid of the military? No. Just stop funding them as much do we really need to spend trillions each year on the military? We could still spend money on the military just move a lot of that money to other things as well.