• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Democrats don't care about constitutions. Here's the proof its all just for themselves. .

F1fan

Veteran Member
NY Dems propose new House map similar to gerrymander struck down by courts

Power and control at all costs. Even if its stuck on stupid.

Typical behavior and they have the incredible gall to accuse Republicans when they are just as corrupt if not more.

The killer here is they will throw another unconstitutional map at the wall and rig it to stick.
Oh, so NY is just doing what Texas and Florida has done, by Republicans.

Florida Senate Passes Congressional Map Giving G.O.P. a Big Edge

Republicans’ Gerrymandered Maps Turn Back Time in Texas

Of course Texas has no constitutional guidelines for drawing maps, so there is no rules for republicans to follow.

With Florida republicans looking to gerrymander more seats, some 20 of 27, in a state that is about 50/50 D to R, they will use their power to get influence over national politics. Since democrats can't fight back against the powers in Florida or Texas, all they can do is try to balance the national representation by gerrymandering states they control.

So this thread exposes the hypocrisy of Republicans, that they can be dishonest and cheat, but democrats can't. Why? Is it because we know republicans aren't honorable and we excuse their fraud, but democrats are expected to play by the rules that the GOP doesn't have to, thus lose?

I keep hearing democrat voters complain that their representatives are too nice, and lose because they follow the rules that republicans don't, and they are getting mad and demanding democrats start playing hardball. After seeing what the current crop of trump republicans are willing to do democrats are fighting for democracy and the future of the USA. A fight is what we need.

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
NY Dems propose new House map similar to gerrymander struck down by courts Power and control at all costs. Even if its stuck on stupid. Typical behavior and they have the incredible gall to accuse Republicans when they are just as corrupt if not more. The killer here is they will throw another unconstitutional map at the wall and rig it to stick.

This is a cultural cold war, and democracy itself is in play. There is nothing that the Democrats could do to the MAGA Republicans, which is most of the party, that would be immoral. When I hear that the Democrats stole the election, although I don't believe that, my reaction is that it would be morally justified if they had. It would get a standing ovation, not condemnation.

And if the Democrats could steal a Supreme Court nomination from the Republicans, or gerrymander an election against them, or commit any other dirty trick against them, then that is what they should do.

This is not hypocrisy. It is recognizing that the proper moral choices are situational, and not the same for all situations. Peacetime rules don't apply in a fight for survival. The Democrats owe the Republicans nothing. Their duty is to the Constitution and the contingent of Americans that share that and other American values, not enemies of democracy.

The tolerance one preaches is not for the intolerant. The pacifism one preaches is set aside when defending one's freedom. Even the principles of democracy can wait if their violation, such as stealing elections from anti-democratic elements, protects democracy.

The Republicans aren't playing for Team America, but instead are looking for ways to undermine democracy. Their existence and agenda is an existential threat to America. For that, they forfeit forbearance.

Altfish

Veteran Member

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Oh the hypocrisy in this post.
The point is to show the Democrats willingness to break the laws as much as possible.

They are simply not the upstanding wholesome law abiding party people oftentimes like to claim they are.

Republicans are no saints either and as I mentioned already, lest ones memory is exceedingly short lived, is the undisputed fact that Democrats are just as corrupt if not more then Republicans, so both parties are essentially riding the same boat of corruption and disregard for the Constitutions that are supposed to keep this country free and working.

None are your friends nor benefactors.

Twilight Hue

This is a cultural cold war, and democracy itself is in play. There is nothing that the Democrats could do to the MAGA Republicans, which is most of the party, that would be immoral. When I hear that the Democrats stole the election, although I don't believe that, my reaction is that it would be morally justified if they had. It would get a standing ovation, not condemnation.

And if the Democrats could steal a Supreme Court nomination from the Republicans, or gerrymander an election against them, or commit any other dirty trick against them, then that is what they should do.

This is not hypocrisy. It is recognizing that the proper moral choices are situational, and not the same for all situations. Peacetime rules don't apply in a fight for survival. The Democrats owe the Republicans nothing. Their duty is to the Constitution and the contingent of Americans that share that and other American values, not enemies of democracy.

The tolerance one preaches is not for the intolerant. The pacifism one preaches is set aside when defending one's freedom. Even the principles of democracy can wait if their violation, such as stealing elections from anti-democratic elements, protects democracy.

The Republicans aren't playing for Team America, but instead are looking for ways to undermine democracy. Their existence and agenda is an existential threat to America. For that, they forfeit forbearance.
It's nothing but a humongous load of BS, to me considering Democrats actually rule and lead in the top spot for states with the least economic and personal freedoms in the entire nation.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
It's nothing but a humongous load of BS, to me considering Democrats actually rule and lead in the top spot for states with the least economic and personal freedoms in the entire nation.

You want a general debate about this in the section of general debate or do you want us individually to just hate the other side like you?

F1fan

Veteran Member
The point is to show the Democrats willingness to break the laws as much as possible.

They are simply not the upstanding wholesome law abiding party people oftentimes like to claim they are.

Republicans are no saints either and as I mentioned already, lest ones memory is exceedingly short lived, is the undisputed fact that Democrats are just as corrupt if not more then Republicans, so both parties are essentially riding the same boat of corruption and disregard for the Constitutions that are supposed to keep this country free and working.

None are your friends nor benefactors.
Then don't blame democrats for doing what republicans do. You only bring this up when democrats start playing with republican rules. You're upset because republicans can't get away with cheating to win.

F1fan

Veteran Member
Let's note that inflation is the result of economic freedom. One role the various governments have is to help balance out all the uncertain factors in life, including inflation. Government can't totally control it, but as we see under Biden he has worked to minimize it and the impact. He is proposing more policies to offset inflation, and that is his job.

Do you think he's wrong? Should Biden let inflation run its course in an economic free scenario?

F1fan

Veteran Member
You want a general debate about this in the section of general debate or do you want us individually to just hate the other side like you?
Good point. I think many conservative extremists privately loath themselves, but they have to take out their anger in attacking those who they oppose.

"How dare you act unethically. Only we conservatives can act in unethical ways, so you Dems are wrong in two ways!!!"

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member

This doesn't address my comment at all, which was about the idea that the Republicans have forfeited being treated with the same values reserved for Americans acting in good faith. They are enemies of Americanism, and should be treated the same as any other enemy of America such as Putin and the Taliban.

So it's freedom you want? I believe that you mentioned that you live in New York. Try one of those red states that want to ban abortion, books, history, and gender discussion. Many are also excellent for economic opportunity, like Kentucky and Alabama, Mississippi and Louisiana.

I think many conservative extremists privately loath themselves, but they have to take out their anger in attacking those who they oppose.

I see them as being fearful and resentful of others. Conservatives fear of anybody not a white heterosexual, and they blame their poverty and lack of opportunity on anybody but themselves and their actual oppressors, for whom they vote.

Just imagine a Republican with ethics and an agenda that aims to help the average citizen and you have a democrat.

Not quite (I assume that you are being a little tongue-in-cheek here, and that you very well may agree with the following comment). But you have a patriot, somebody who shares your vision for Americans, but not the particulars on how to achieve that. They might prefer foreign disentanglement to international alliances and payments, but they are still looking for maximal safety and opportunity for at least white Americans. As you suggesthe Maga Republicans don't care about such people at all except as sources of labor, taxes, votes, and campaign contributions.

I'm thinking now of Kinzinger and Cheney, who almost never vote with the liberals, and for whom I would never vote, but who I consider good people representing their constituents, their nation, and the Constitution in good faith.

Contrast that with what haunts the halls of Congress from Maga world - Greene, Gosar, Gaetz, Boebert, Cawthorne, McCarthy, Jordan, Brooks - people with no interest in the Constitution, good governance, or Americans' well-being. The former have more in common with you and me than with these Maga Republicans, who despise them (and each other now) despite their extreme conservatism. They at least have the decency to oppose such people and have several of them investigated for crimes against the nation. They seem to respect the Constitution and the rule of law.

Twilight Hue

Let's note that inflation is the result of economic freedom. One role the various governments have is to help balance out all the uncertain factors in life, including inflation. Government can't totally control it, but as we see under Biden he has worked to minimize it and the impact. He is proposing more policies to offset inflation, and that is his job.

Do you think he's wrong? Should Biden let inflation run its course in an economic free scenario?
His rhetoric like evs for example. Dictating by the typical rule by mandate that manufacturers must produce over half the cars be glorified golf carts is bound to affect the economy and spiral it into inflation just on the prohibitive costs alone which will affect the national economy by putting people into a panic and affect the stock trade in ways that are unpredictable and chaotic.

Twilight Hue

Just imagine a Republican with ethics and an agenda that aims to help the average citizen and you have a democrat.
I haven't seen help for the average citizen.

I do see citizens heavily regulated and taxed to death by the Democrats however.