• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Democrats Caught Making Fake News, Planting False Flags

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I support the idea of the Democrats taking a page out of the Republican playbook and using the same methods to defeat them that were deployed against them the last many years, that is, do whatever marginalizes, weakens, or discredits the Republicans. They should systematically demean all prominent Republicans as the Republicans did to Bill Clinton, Gore, Kerry, Daschle, Pelosi, Reid, Obama and Hillary - they're all automatically horrible people with no honor or integrity.

I think that they should use language calculated to damage the Republicans in the tradition of far left liberal (there was no other kind), Trump Derangement Syndrome, Crooked Hillary, etc., using words such as hostage, tantrum, undemocratic, ransom, terrorism, unconscionable, racist, un-American, demagoguery, despotic, treasonous, medieval, liar, etc. to describe Trump and the Republicans.

I think that they should do everything possible to win elections in the tradition of gerrymandering, disenfranchisement of conservative voters, and disseminating effective disinformation.

And they should completely exclude the Republicans from governance wherever possible as the Republicans did to the Democrats during many of the congressional hearings, as where Democrats were not allowed to participate in choosing the wat the committee conducted business, chose witnesses, and wrote and released reports.

The Republicans have sacrificed forbearance, viewing the opposition as legitimate and loyal to America and its principles, and democratic principles in general. The Democrats cannot afford to continue reaching out to such people or considering them fellow anythings. They're enemies, and they need to be defeated by any means available.

No, these are not the values or methods that I would choose for the Democrats and Republicans, but they are the ones that the Republicans have chosen, and they have been bludgeoning the Democrats with them for decades now, beginning with the original with hunt directed at Bill Clinton, and most recently with the attack on Hillary Clinton including Benghazi, email-gate, and Uranium One. I say to give the Republicans a steady does of the same to make the point that such behavior carries consequences. So far, the Democrats might as well have been walking around with a "Kick Me" sign taped to their backs.

How about the 2016 presidential election and the Republican dirty tricks? By your argument, the Democrats were justified in returning the favor to the Republicans.
No, what I said is that by the Democrats using this same tactic they endorse the dirty tricks of the Republicans. I am totally against that for either side.

Of course the Democrats have their own dirty tricks. They have been using the October Surprise for generations. They used it again during the Kavanaugh hearings and that may have backfired by raising Republican support for their candidates. I know that it helped the Democrats a bit by inspiring their base, but it may have riled the Republicans even more. The Blue Wave might have been even bigger without that sideshow.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Realizing you can't help but to avail yourself of any opportunity to call names, if you actually cared to read me you'd see I acknowledged this practice is possible among the Right.

Give your reading comprehension skills a work out and let your (not so) smart mouth take a vacation.

Says the kid who spells "you are" as "U R", but okay.

TheresOnlyNow

The Mind Is Everything. U R What U Think
Says the kid who spells "you are" as "U R", but okay.
Poor petty ignorant clown faced child, don't you know? There was limited space so as to afford a full text in my personal title. So I amended my new choice to be read simply. And obviously that induced the simple to cast aspersions. Which again doesn't make me look bad.
We're done here. Find your entertainment elsewhere.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I support the idea of the Democrats taking a page out of the Republican playbook and using the same methods to defeat them that were deployed against them the last many years, that is, do whatever marginalizes, weakens, or discredits the Republicans. They should systematically demean all prominent Republicans as the Republicans did to Bill Clinton, Gore, Kerry, Daschle, Pelosi, Reid, Obama and Hillary - they're all automatically horrible people with no honor or integrity.

I think that they should use language calculated to damage the Republicans in the tradition of far left liberal (there was no other kind), Trump Derangement Syndrome, Crooked Hillary, etc., using words such as hostage, tantrum, undemocratic, ransom, terrorism, unconscionable, racist, un-American, demagoguery, despotic, treasonous, medieval, liar, etc. to describe Trump and the Republicans.

I think that they should do everything possible to win elections in the tradition of gerrymandering, disenfranchisement of conservative voters, and disseminating effective disinformation.

And they should completely exclude the Republicans from governance wherever possible as the Republicans did to the Democrats during many of the congressional hearings, as where Democrats were not allowed to participate in choosing the wat the committee conducted business, chose witnesses, and wrote and released reports.

The Republicans have sacrificed forbearance, viewing the opposition as legitimate and loyal to America and its principles, and democratic principles in general. The Democrats cannot afford to continue reaching out to such people or considering them fellow anythings. They're enemies, and they need to be defeated by any means available.

No, these are not the values or methods that I would choose for the Democrats and Republicans, but they are the ones that the Republicans have chosen, and they have been bludgeoning the Democrats with them for decades now, beginning with the original with hunt directed at Bill Clinton, and most recently with the attack on Hillary Clinton including Benghazi, email-gate, and Uranium One. I say to give the Republicans a steady does of the same to make the point that such behavior carries consequences. So far, the Democrats might as well have been walking around with a "Kick Me" sign taped to their backs.

How about the 2016 presidential election and the Republican dirty tricks? By your argument, the Democrats were justified in returning the favor to the Republicans.
Hey you forgot the practice of infiltrating the Republican party with RINOS to undermine the party itself and to gain Insider support.

Woberts

The Perfumed Seneschal
Hey you forgot the practice of infiltrating the Republican party with RINOS to undermine the party itself and to gain Insider support.
So infiltrating parties is only bad when it's the republican party?
Of course, this is assuming that you think the infiltration of the CPUSA was justified.

Ellen Brown

So infiltrating parties is only bad when it's the republican party?
Of course, this is assuming that you think the infiltration of the CPUSA was justified.

I felt the influence of Hillary Clinton in the Democratic Party was satanic.

youknowme

Whatever you want me to be.
Poor petty ignorant clown faced child, don't you know? There was limited space so as to afford a full text in my personal title. So I amended my new choice to be read simply. And obviously that induced the simple to cast aspersions. Which again doesn't make me look bad.
We're done here. Find your entertainment elsewhere.
Is English your second language?

Nous

Premium Member
I said it should be illegal. I didn't say it was practical to make it illegal. That would involve being able to write some pretty precise law, I'd think. And I'm not sure that it's possible to write a law or laws that could not be used as political weapons. But I do think that ideally such behavior should be illegal.

I definitely agree that it would be difficult to write a law that w prohibit the fake news/false flag noted in the OP. In particular, I am not sure how to state such a law without simultaneously criminalizing the publishing of ordinary fiction.

Nous

Premium Member
Before doing that, let's consider a mechanism to catch these
wrongdoers in the act. Exposing them would mitigate their effect.
This partial solution might be the best.
I don't propose any laws that would criminalize the speech described in the OP.

Nous

Premium Member
The only problem with that is that as disgusting as Moor is, and that is putting it a bit mildly, that approach justifies the Republican actions in the last election.
I'm unsure what you're saying here, namely what I said that somehow "justifies the Republican actions in the last election." Please explain.

Nous

Premium Member
I support the idea of the Democrats taking a page out of the Republican playbook and using the same methods to defeat them that were deployed against themselves these last many years, that is, do whatever marginalizes, weakens, or discredits the Republicans. The Democrats should systematically demean and villainize all prominent Republicans as the Republicans did to Bill Clinton, Gore, Kerry, Daschle, Pelosi, Reid, Obama and Hillary - they're all automatically depicted as horrible people with no honor or integrity whatever the case actually may be..

I think that they should use language calculated to damage the Republicans in the tradition of far left radical extremist liberal (there was no other kind), Trump Derangement Syndrome (all Trump detractors are irrational), Crooked Hillary, etc., using words such as hostage, tantrum, undemocratic, ransom, terrorism, racist, un-American, demagoguery, despotic, treasonous, medieval, liar, etc. to describe Trump and the Republicans.

And they should completely exclude the Republicans from governance wherever possible as the Republicans did to the Democrats during many of the congressional hearings, for example, as where Democrats were not allowed to participate in choosing the way the committee conducted business, chose witnesses, nor help write reports or have any say in what is released.

The Republicans have sacrificed forbearance, viewing the opposition as legitimate and loyal to America and its principles, and democratic principles in general. The Democrats cannot afford to continue reaching out to such people, nor considering them fellow anythings. They're enemies, and they need to be defeated by any means available.

No, these are not the values or methods that I would choose for the Democrats and Republicans, but they are the ones that the Republicans have chosen, and they have been bludgeoning the Democrats with them for decades now, beginning with the original witch hunt directed at Bill Clinton, and most recently with the attacks on Hillary Clinton including Benghazi, email-gate, and Uranium One. I say to give the Republicans a steady does of the same to make the point that such behavior carries consequences, and to damage them as much as possible. So far, the Democrats might as well have been walking around with a "Kick Me" sign taped to their backs.
I must say that, contrary to the vast majority of instances, I do not agree with much of what you have said here. As a general rule, I much prefer Michelle Obama's idiom about "when they go low, we go high". I admit that I rarely actually abide by that rule, but it seems like a good goal to have.

Nous

Premium Member
Of course the Democrats have their own dirty tricks. They have been using the October Surprise for generations. They used it again during the Kavanaugh hearings
I don't know exactly what you are referring to here, but I am not aware of anything Congressional Democrats did in relation to Kavanaugh that was some sort of "dirty trick". Perhaps you could explain further.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I don't know exactly what you are referring to here, but I am not aware of anything Congressional Democrats did in relation to Kavanaugh that was some sort of "dirty trick". Perhaps you could explain further.
They held back the accusations against Kavanaugh until the last minute, even though they knew of it more than a month before. There was time to do an investigation then, but it appears that the party did not want to do so. It his was a classic "October Surprise".

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I'm unsure what you're saying here, namely what I said that somehow "justifies the Republican actions in the last election." Please explain.
The Republicans appear to have done the same sort of false flag attacks against Hillary in social media. The Democrats doing what the Republicans did only makes such abuses "business as usual" .

Nous

Premium Member
They held back the accusations against Kavanaugh until the last minute, even though they knew of it more than a month before. There was time to do an investigation then, but it appears that the party did not want to do so. It his was a classic "October Surprise".

I am not sure that "they" (whomever they are) were not continuing to investigate claims of wrongdoing by Kavanaugh, or, alternatively or simultaneously, were seeking to investigate and review other sorts matters that would or might disqualify Kavanaugh. I simply cannot make any assumption about Congressional Democrats engaging in a "dirty trick".

Nous

Premium Member
The Republicans appear to have done the same sort of false flag attacks against Hillary in social media. The Democrats doing what the Republicans did only makes such abuses "business as usual" .
Obviously I haven't advocated that anyone should plant a false flag anywhere.