• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Democrats are talking impeachment and jail for Trump

youknowme

Whatever you want me to be.
No particular point, as such. Just commenting on how
this is just "the more things change, the more they
stay the same;.

You guys have been here before.
To me It seems like you are arguing for a greater need to see the laws upheld.

Audie

Veteran Member
At some point actual repudiation of this wave of passive acceptance of corruption must start, doesn't it?

Never has yet.

I do not think the tide is turning on corruption-acceptance.

And, going by the way that the American way so
nicely corresponds to the Foreign way
(go after "corruption" as a way to get a political
edge over the opponent side), I dont see
a whole lot of reason to get enthusiastic.

Audie

Veteran Member
To me It seems like you are arguing for a greater need to see the laws upheld.

It sure would be nice, no? Either dont have a law, or,
enforce it.

Just on a personal note, I came into the USA, got my
green card, all very proper and legal. What a process!!

I have relatives who will never ever see their turn come.

Meanwhile...

I do btw hate to see the dems be a party for
whom laws are made to be broken.

sealchan

^^^^^^ This. ^^^^^^

People are working 2 to 3 jobs and still living paycheck to paycheck, people are going bankrupt when they get sick, people are dying because they can't afford their medications, we have a climate change crisis on our hands, people are drowning in student loan debt, mass incarceration is destroying families...

So much to focus on, and House Democrats want to put in all this time and energy into impeaching the orange clown only for the Senate to acquit him.

The Democrats DO need to show how clearly wrong Trump is on so many levels as Trump is the worst president probably in history (although I have not studied the history of presidencies at this point...on my to do list).

But yes they should also show what they would be doing with a majority leadership to help bring the blue tsunami to a final landing next election.

Audie

Veteran Member
The Democrats DO need to show how clearly wrong Trump is on so many levels as Trump is the worst president probably in history (although I have not studied the history of presidencies at this point...on my to do list).

But yes they should also show what they would be doing with a majority leadership to help bring the blue tsunami to a final landing next election.

While doing your search, see if you
find that some large percent
(Lincoln, GWB and Obama, for examples).
were found at the time to be the worst ever.
(by, you know, the other guys)

Your blue tsu, for good or bad isnt looking
like much so far.

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
There was an unforgettable photo of Bill Clinton with
a bible, outside some church. A bible chosen, we'd
guess, for the highly visible cross on the cover, so
wont nobody think he brought a dictionary.

Crintons and Trump is about as godly as a toad frog,
but, that is ok. It is what Americans demand, and
probably better than if they were really Christians.

Still, the fakery is not such a good thing.

My dad is a very religious Pentecostal fundamentalist Christian. He'd most likely disown me if he knew I was no longer of the Christian Faith. Therefore, I must pretend to be a Christian around him in order to increase my odds of getting my rightful inheritance. There are good reasons for pretending to be a Christian. Especially, when money and power are involved.

Last edited:

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
Of course! That was so worthwhile with Crinton!

Impeachment of Bill Clinton was a political mistake. Likewise, impeachment of Trump would be a political mistake that'd politically energize Trump supporters like me as well as the rest of his political base.

youknowme

Impeachment of Bill Clinton was a political mistake. Likewise, impeachment of Trump would be a political mistake that'd politically energize Trump supporters like me as well as the rest of his political base.
To what? Go out and vote Republican again? That will happen with or without Trump.

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
To what? Go out and vote Republican again? That will happen with or without Trump.

I'm a political independent voter who hasn't always voted Republican. I've sometimes voted for Democrats or Libertarians. But if the Democrats wanna remove a great leader like Trump from public service just cause he paid hush money to his mistresses or had Russian officials help him defeat Hilary, then I'll start voting strictly for Republicans.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
As I have said more than once: Impeachment will not come unless Republicans at least participate in leading the charge in both houses. Democrats cannot do it by themselves and it may have the negative outcome that you predict. He is better for the Democrats as a symbol of Republican corruption until the 2020 election.

youknowme

I'm a political independent voter who hasn't always voted Republican. I've sometimes voted for Democrats or Libertarians. But if the Democrats wanna remove a great leader like Trump from public service just cause he paid hush money to his mistresses or had Russian officials help him defeat Hilary, then I'll start voting strictly for Republicans.

I can't help but notice that in your argument that you seem to have already concluded that Trump is guilty on both accounts. Maybe it is just me, but it seems, that as of late, the pro-Trump people have been moving away from arguing his innocence to arguments based in an assumption of guilt. However, I have to ask, if Trump is such a great leader why did he need the help of hostile foreign powers to get elected?

Audie

Veteran Member
I can't help but notice that in your argument that you seem to have already concluded that Trump is guilty on both accounts. Maybe it is just me, but it seems, that as of late, the pro-Trump people have been moving away from arguing his innocence to arguments based in an assumption of guilt. However, I have to ask, if Trump is such a great leader why did he need the help of hostile foreign powers to get elected?

The secret dossier about golden showers?
American politics are so tawdry.

youknowme

I have to wonder if there is a fundamental shift in way the public is thinking about Trump. Perhaps moving from a notion of no-collusion to one of collusion. Of course I have to be cautious of observational bias; however, in the eyes of the public I consider it possible that it may already be too late for Trump to prove his innocence.