• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Democrats and the 2020 election

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
3w2ho7.jpg

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I remember Ralph Nader's campaign changing the outcome of that election not so many decades ago.

It seems every generation has had to learn the hard way about the perfect being the enemy of the good.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
There are some that want to "heighten the contradictions" by having Trump in office four more years to bring about the revolution.

I'm too old for that. I know where it leads.
Don't get me wrong. I will still vote for Biden because he is, despite being another demented creep, still better than Trump like a tourniquet causing the necessity of amputation is better than bleeding out. 'Heighten the contradiction' only matters when people are paying attention. And when a totalitarian wannabe has effectively convinced the common denominator that 'anything bad about me is fake news' then it won't serve any purpose.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
I remember Ralph Nader's campaign changing the outcome of that election not so many decades ago.

It seems every generation has had to learn the hard way about the perfect being the enemy of the good.
I remember when Sanders got Trump into the White House. It was rather more recently than Nader's debacle.
Tom

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn

I understand why Sanders supporters did that in 2016. Clinton was far ahead in the polls. So they voted for "whoever wins" in sufficient numbers to put Trump in the White House. By "whoever wins", I mean voting third party, writing in Sanders, or staying home.
Apparently, some voted for Trump to help bring on political armageddon. That'll show 'em.

I wonder if they'll do it again? Trump will be far harder to beat in 2020, being an incumbent who can buy votes with taxpayer money.
But I'm seeing the same thing shaping up for November.
Tom

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Just yesterday I responded to a Bernie Sanders supporter who said, "no matter, what, I won't vote for Biden...it's that simple." To which I responded, "then you are voting for Trump...it's that simple."

Waiting for a response, but so far....crickets....

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Just yesterday I responded to a Bernie Sanders supporter who said, "no matter, what, I won't vote for Biden...it's that simple." To which I responded, "then you are voting for Trump...it's that simple."

Did you thank him/her for us?

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Right! How else could a crook like Trump slither into the White House...

...I mean, a crook slimier than the average politician.
Nevertheless, there's still BernieBros out there. And Sanders is still shooting the feet out from under any chance of his policy proposals being taken seriously.
Tom

PureX

Veteran Member
1. Voters did not put Trump in the White House last election, and they won't put him in the White House this election, either. The electoral college did, and almost certainly will, again.

2. So long as the democrats keep insisting on running these corporate shills, and toadies, they don't deserve to win.

3. This virus has completely 'whacked' this election. Which I am sure will provide the oligarchs and plutocrats all the excuse they need to do whatever they please, politically. So your votes REALLY aren't going to matter, this time. (Not that they matter all that much, anyway.)

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
I understand why Sanders supporters did that in 2016. Clinton was far ahead in the polls. So they voted for "whoever wins" in sufficient numbers to put Trump in the White House. By "whoever wins", I mean voting third party, writing in Sanders, or staying home.
Apparently, some voted for Trump to help bring on political armageddon. That'll show 'em.

I wonder if they'll do it again? Trump will be far harder to beat in 2020, being an incumbent who can buy votes with taxpayer money.
But I'm seeing the same thing shaping up for November.
Tom

Tom - were you this critical in 2008 when 25% of Hillary primary voters crossed over to vote for McCain in the general against Obama? Biden voters keep saying they picked him because he's allegedly so electable - guess what? Evaluating electability means anticipating the inevitability and degree of crossover voting.

What you're seeing shape up for this November is the Democratic Party once again swallowing the establishment wisdom that centrists are more electable than populist progressives. Followed by the repeated falsification of that hypothesis, as happened 4 years ago.

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
I hope Sander supporters will be appreciative of Trump approved stimulus spending, including $1,200 checks soon coming each of their way.

Heyo

Veteran Member

Have you ever voted for something or someone who stood for something?
I usually look at the platform and decide on what I think is best. And I have often stayed home (or returned an empty ballot when that mattered here) when there was no-one with any positive plan.
Tell the "Bernie bros" why they should vote for Biden - other than that he is not Trump.
Wars - "Yes please."
Free education - "We don't have the money."
Healthcare - "I would veto H4A if it'd pass House and Senate."

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
I hope Sander supporters will be appreciative of Trump approved stimulus spending, including $1,200 checks soon coming each of their way.
$1,200! Wow, such riches! Why, that would take care of 2/3 of my rent. Thank goodness for the Grocery Fairy, or we'd starve.

Wait, what? What do you mean there's no such thing as the Grocery Fairy?!