• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Democrat Doug Jones Defeats Republican Roy Moore for US Senate

Nous

Premium Member
That booming sound you hear is Trump's head exploding--a fireworks of Big Macs spewing out.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I thought Moore was a shoo in too. This bodes well for midterms.

The House should flip easily. The Senate might be more difficult. On the order of 20 Democrats will be running for reelection and only 10 Republicans. The Republicans will only have to defend 10 seats. But seriously I don't see any Democrat seats flipping and with Alabama falling we might have a pleasant surprise when it comes to the Republicans holding their seats.

Jumi

Never heard during the campaign who Doug Jones was or what he stands for, I had to google him now... but from an international perspective it seemed Roy Moore was out to sabotage his own campaign with many of the things he said. Too overconfident and probably believed the polls.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Personally, I think this is just as well. Moore didn't strike me as a very high quality candidate - allegations aside...

Mindmaster

Premium Member
Jones wins Alabama Senate seat for Dems

Jones is the first Democratic senator from Alabama in 25 years. Seems there's a chance folks are getting sick of Republican shenanigans -- even in Alabama. .

I'm not really surprised, but I also think Strange had a better chance from the beginning. Anyway, if the Republicans never had a chance to lose where'd be the fun in that? :D

I live in an area where Democrats infect the system and Republicans have absolutely zero chance of being elected, and trust me - the "mono-party" politics stink for all folks, not just the loser of the elections. They have absolutely zero incentive to do their jobs or keep their promises because they will never lose, and I mean never.

Kuzcotopia

If you can read this, you are as lucky as I am.
At least we learned that actual voter turnout matters everywhere. . . even in Alabama. When turnout is low, conservatives win. When turnout is high, liberals win.

A fine lesson for the next elections. Most of the ninety million who didn't vote in 2016 and inadvertently put . . . him. . . in office may be learning that our future isn't a spectator sport.