• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Democracy in the Arab world is a threat to the US

sadiq

Spain, Morocco, Jerusalem
Utter nonsense,Keep blaming others for your misfortune instead of advancing yourselves and you'll remain a backwards people.
What will you gain by scapegoating the U.S for all of your troubles?

That man is known to be a total buffoon and taking advice from him will just leave you throwing baseless accusations and doing nothing instead of fixing what you deem as wrong.

Last edited:

Many Sages One Truth

If you want Democracy then stop voting in regimes like the Islamic Brotherhood, and vote for someone more moderate. You want Democracy, but you want to hold onto Theocracy, the two do not mix. Secularism and Theocracy can never mix. Theocracy is a perversion to religion.

"And I have no doubt that every new example will succeed, as every past one has done, in showing that government and religion will both exist in greater purity the less they are mixed together"- James Madison

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
That man is known to be a total buffoon and taking advice from him will just leave you throwing baseless accusations and doing nothing instead of fixing what you deem as wrong.
I don't know that I would call Noam Chomsky a total buffoon, but he certainly has a consistently slanted view of reality. Of that, there is little doubt. He makes assertions, as if they are outright facts, in some cases, but once you get over that, he does make some somewhat valid points. That said, I don't think the US is going to meddle in the Muslim Brotherhood's takeover of Egypt. My guess is the Obama Administrations foreign policy mandarins are in it, so far over their heads, they really don't know what to make of things. Though not quite a disaster, Hillary hasn't been a particularly effective Secretary of State, then again, that could be because her hands are tied by the White House. Who knows for sure? Time will certainly tell.

sadiq

Obama is a foolish toddler,he tried reaching out to the Muslims and at the same time he alienated his long time allies while the Muslims were clearly not impressed or swayed into the fold.

And the way he betrayed Mubarak....he's going to regret it.

Many Sages One Truth

Mubarak was better then the Muslim Brotherhood. I should have known better then to have hope for Egypt. The Islamic world is so backwards that the people actually vote oppressive regimes into power.

MissAlice

I leave democracy up to the "arabics" egyptians. I think Noam Chromsky makes points in history that're often overlooked throughout history books. But my only problem with him is he has a history of never being accurate with his statistics which to me is very important if we're ever going to dispute or discuss so-called facts based from history. My personal opinion, I'm glad Mubarak is out of power, I didn't see this so much as a Muslim thing than as an abuse of power to its nation. What will happen to Egypt and other arabic countries futures who knows. It would be nice if people were a little more tolerant of each other's beliefs/disbeliefs. But this is coming from a horrid secularist who believes equality for everyone as long as it doesn't hurt anyone.

sadiq

Hi Sadiq!

Do you think that the United States should have kept Mubarak in power?

Peace and blessings,
Yeshe
:flower2:

Mubarak was the only one capable of keeping the extremists under a leash.
Unless the young revolutionaries take their revolution back from its new Populist-Islamocentrist leadership the only foreseeable future is a Sharaic Egypt hostile to the west partially because of Obama's "Freedom Worship" and amazing "Middle Eastern Policy" of attacking his Allies and befriending their enemies
(Second part doesn't work either by the way)

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
Did I miss something? I didn't know the Muslim Brotherhood was a sealed deal with Egypt just yet... at least I'm hoping that it's not for Egyptians' sake. They deserve stronger civil liberties; not just a new tyranny in the form of theocracy.

Last edited:

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Chompsky and Dawkins are alike in that a lot of folks like to smear them in this or that general way, but no one seems able to refute the specific points they make. Maybe it's their hair.

sadiq

Chompsky and Dawkins are alike in that a lot of folks like to smear them in this or that general way, but no one seems able to refute the specific points they make. Maybe it's their hair.

It could be because they're speaking utter nonsense and create ulterior motives where there are none.
But i'm just second guessing right?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
It could be because they're speaking utter nonsense and create ulterior motives where there are none.
But i'm just second guessing right?

Basically, you're just poo-slinging. But what the hell, it's fun, right?

Sahar

If you want Democracy then stop voting in regimes like the Islamic Brotherhood, and vote for someone more moderate. You want Democracy, but you want to hold onto Theocracy, the two do not mix. Secularism and Theocracy can never mix. Theocracy is a perversion to religion.
Stop voting "in" regimes like the Islamic Brotherhood? Do you know that the Muslim Brotherhood was considered an illegal organization in Egypt and in other Arab countries? Do you know that the elections in the last 50 years in Egypt were fake? Do you know that the MB faced the worst types of oppression?
Do you know that we had a revolution in Egypt against the tyrannical rule of Mubarak just recently?
Do you know that free election haven't been conducted yet to vote for the party of MB or any other party?

The last question: Do you live with us on this planet?

sadiq

Stop voting "in" regimes like the Islamic Brotherhood? Do you know that the Muslim Brotherhood was considered an illegal organization in Egypt and in other Arab countries? Do you know that the elections in the last 50 years in Egypt were fake? Do you know that the MB faced the worst types of oppression?
Do you know that we had a revolution in Egypt against the tyrannical rule of Mubarak just recently?
Do you know that free election haven't been conducted yet to vote for the party of MB or any other party?

The last question: Do you live with us on this planet?

I think he knows that.
Also there are reasons behind their prosecution as they are tied to various terrorist groups and the brotherhood itself is banned as a terrorist organization in certain countries.

Sahar

Utter nonsense,Keep blaming others for your misfortune instead of advancing yourselves and you'll remain a backwards people.
What will you gain by scapegoating the U.S for all of your troubles?
You must be speaking about the American citizen Noam Chomsky and his backwards American people!