• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Deliverance minstries

ppp

Demonology was more common back in history than it is today.

Even among Jews I've known who believe in demons, I've never met one that would say that illnesses are caused by demons.
Did Jews ever believe that epilepsy was called by demonic possession? Or that people who had seizures were God-touched? If you know?

Riders

Well, I know for e I have a generational curse. I never knew my Grandfather, he died young with liver problems probably from drinking. But my Grandmother told me he took her and him to a swingers party to witness about Jesus.

But I know folks or use to know them who went to those parties, my Grandmother admitted that he had a lust problem. he probably fooled around with the swingers while my grandmother witnessed, so he had sexual addiction issues.I almost got involved with swingers a few times and went to 2 of their parties.

So he passed on his lust and sex issues to me. I know some people get prayed over for stuff like that but I feel like my generational curse has been removed slowly through the practice of my recovery program and with prayer. Prayer works but I don't believe the deliverance thing is neccesary.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
Basically, churches who have these ministries believe devils and demons are after Christians and many of us are possessed, so they pray over you at church and cast out the demons. They did this quite often at my old Pentecostal church, I saw many folks who claimed to have demons and got prayed over.

So what do Christians have to say about that? Many churches that practice it are either Pentecostal or Charismatic non-denominational churches. Do you believe in it?

I recommend Pentecostal churches as more balanced than charismatic churches. They will help discern whether a person needs traditional counseling, other prayer, medication..or deliverance.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
Did Jews ever believe that epilepsy was called by demonic possession? Or that people who had seizures were God-touched? If you know?
I'm not expert enough in the specific history to be able to answer that. It would not surprise me if they did.

Psalm23

Basically, churches who have these ministries believe devils and demons are after Christians and many of us are possessed, so they pray over you at church and cast out the demons. They did this quite often at my old Pentecostal church, I saw many folks who claimed to have demons and got prayed over.

So what do Christians have to say about that? Many churches that practice it are either Pentecostal or Charismatic non-denominational churches. Do you believe in it?

I think it is often taken too far and if someone has a mental illness, this practice may make their symptoms worse.

Brian2

Veteran Member
1 Corinthians 13:8–10, but I didn't say anything about the authority of the name of Jesus.

I don't see this as saying that they ended with the death of the apostles. "Then I shall know fully" would refer to the time when Jesus returns and after the resurrection etc.
It is by the authority of Jesus that casting out demons works and that also continues.
The gifts of the Holy Spirit are for building up the Church and that is always needed.

1Cor 13:8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. 11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. 12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

Semmelweis Reflex

Antivaxxer
I don't see this as saying that they ended with the death of the apostles. "Then I shall know fully" would refer to the time when Jesus returns and after the resurrection etc.

The word holy means sacred, belonging to God. The word spirit means invisible active force that produces visible results. The Greek word pneuma, from which the English words pneumatic and pneumonia come, can be translated as spirit, wind, breath, compelled mental inclination or spirit beings. The Hebrew and Greek words come from a root word meaning blow. When God grants his holy spirit to someone they accomplish his will with the aid of that force. Prophets, apostles, healing, walking on water, creating life, the universe and everything. Jesus existed in heaven in spirit form as Michael before coming to Earth. He, with God's holy spirit as Michael created the heavens and earth. (John 17:6; Colossians 1:16) The Trinity is a Babylonian teaching introduced into apostate Christianity through the influence of Greek philosophy. From Plato. Platonic.

In an event of great magnitude it isn't necessary for signs to occur except for that those witnessing those events should know from where those events come. Jesus and the apostles healing and performing other signs are for a witness only. Pentecost 33 CE, for example, was a sign that Jehovah had abandoned the Jews who had rejected the messiah and from then on supported the Christian congregation. (Acts 2:1-31) Once that had been established those sorts of events were no longer necessary to establish the church.

Jesus came to Earth to sacrifice his blood for our sins. Adam's blood had been spilled by the results of his sin. Adam had been created to live forever without sin. Satan, in effect murdered the perfect (perfect meaning having great potential) Adam, and consequently every person ever born from then on. So only Jesus' blood (without sin) could pay the ransom sacrifice for Adam's blood. Blood (life, soul) for blood. Eye for eye, tooth for tooth. Sin equals death. The meek shall inherit what? Heaven? No. The earth.

Jesus sacrifice was once for all time. He is never meant to physically return to Earth at some later date. Why would he? His presence will be felt when, as king he returns his attention to earth to deal with Satan, not to come as a man as he once did. That's over.

It is by the authority of Jesus that casting out demons works and that also continues.
The gifts of the Holy Spirit are for building up the Church and that is always needed.

1Cor 13:8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. 11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. 12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

Not always. If they did these things in part, incomplete, as a child, then when does the church mature and to what end? First of all, they don't need signs. They have faith. So, if you go to a place where they are speaking in tongues and you are a linguist, you know they are speaking gibberish. At Pentecost they spoke no language that wasn't spoken there. Today they speak in tongues to impress one another or because they are in a state of hysteria. Those that Jesus healed later died again. Jesus demonstrated the reality of a possible resurrection. Today if you see people healing it is a deception. At best the person being healed, in the excitement, briefly thinks they have been healed when they haven't.

So, if you are right and I am wrong, show me so that I may witness it. Or, is it that the world witnesses the deception and judges the congregation accordingly?

Ask yourself. What would be the wise thing for Satan to do? The originator of the lie. Either mislead the congregation as a witness for him or create the deception just as the magic practicing priests did before Moses.

Last edited:

Brian2

Veteran Member
The word holy means sacred, belonging to God. The word spirit means invisible active force that produces visible results. The Greek word pneuma, from which the English words pneumatic and pneumonia come, can be translated as spirit, wind, breath, compelled mental inclination or spirit beings. The Hebrew and Greek words come from a root word meaning blow. When God grants his holy spirit to someone they accomplish his will with the aid of that force. Prophets, apostles, healing, walking on water, creating life, the universe and everything. Jesus existed in heaven in spirit form as Michael before coming to Earth. He, with God's holy spirit as Michael created the heavens and earth. (John 17:6; Colossians 1:16) The Trinity is a Babylonian teaching introduced into apostate Christianity through the influence of Greek philosophy. From Plato. Platonic.

In an event of great magnitude it isn't necessary for signs to occur except for that those witnessing those events should know from where those events come. Jesus and the apostles healing and performing other signs are for a witness only. Pentecost 33 CE, for example, was a sign that Jehovah had abandoned the Jews who had rejected the messiah and from then on supported the Christian congregation. (Acts 2:1-31) Once that had been established those sorts of events were no longer necessary to establish the church.

Jesus came to Earth to sacrifice his blood for our sins. Adam's blood had been spilled by the results of his sin. Adam had been created to live forever without sin. Satan, in effect murdered the perfect (perfect meaning having great potential) Adam, and consequently every person ever born from then on. So only Jesus' blood (without sin) could pay the ransom sacrifice for Adam's blood. Blood (life, soul) for blood. Eye for eye, tooth for tooth. Sin equals death. The meek shall inherit what? Heaven? No. The earth.

Jesus sacrifice was once for all time. He is never meant to physically return to Earth at some later date. Why would he? His presence will be felt when, as king he returns his attention to earth to deal with Satan, not to come as a man as he once did. That's over.

That is too much to cope with as an answer to what I said.
A few quick answers:
Even these days there are times when God would want to show to people, through signs, that God is with the Church and there are times when God answers prayer to heal and do other things.
The ransom price does not have to be of equal value as the life of Adam, it can be whatever is demanded. (see Exodus 21:28-30 for example)
The value of Jesus eternal life is certainly a lot more than the value of Adam's life and with that eternal life He can give us life eternal, because it never runs out.
The Jews will never be abandoned completely by God and they have a big role in the end times. (See Jeremiah 30 for example)
Jesus always existed and has not come into existence. (see John 1:3, Col 1:16 etc)
Jesus rose bodily from the grave according to the gospels and Jesus is now a man. (1Tim 2:5 for example)
So Jesus returns as a man and every eye will see Him. (Rev 1:7 etc) He will also live in the New Jerusalem when it comes down from heaven. (Rev 21:1-4, 23)

Not always. If they did these things in part, incomplete, as a child, then when does the church mature and to what end? First of all, they don't need signs. They have faith. So, if you go to a place where they are speaking in tongues and you are a linguist, you know they are speaking gibberish. At Pentecost they spoke no language that wasn't spoken there. Today they speak in tongues to impress one another or because they are in a state of hysteria. Those that Jesus healed later died again. Jesus demonstrated the reality of a possible resurrection. Today if you see people healing it is a deception. At best the person being healed, in the excitement, briefly thinks they have been healed when they haven't.

So, if you are right and I am wrong, show me so that I may witness it. Or, is it that the world witnesses the deception and judges the congregation accordingly?

Ask yourself. What would be the wise thing for Satan to do? The originator of the lie. Either mislead the congregation as a witness for him or create the deception just as the magic practicing priests did before Moses.

Satan would be deceiving people even about the gift of the Holy Spirit, just as he deceives about other things.

Brian2

Veteran Member
The word holy means sacred, belonging to God. The word spirit means invisible active force that produces visible results. The Greek word pneuma, from which the English words pneumatic and pneumonia come, can be translated as spirit, wind, breath, compelled mental inclination or spirit beings. The Hebrew and Greek words come from a root word meaning blow.

I think I missed this.
The Holy Spirit is said to have been grieved when He accompanied Israel in the wilderness. (Isa 63:10) The Holy Spirit also is described in other ways that show it is alive.
The Holy Spirit is said to be living and to dwell inside a believer (2Cor 6:16, John 14:16,17)