• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Deities, Gods, Immortals

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Would a higher spiritual being be exempt from the Law of Reciprocity? or cause and effect, sowing and reaping?

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Not necessarily. In many mythologies (i.e. stories of a particularly belief system), many deities have been known to commit offenses and faux pas they had to pay for.

Alucard

''Don't Stop, Don't Stop!
Would a higher spiritual being be exempt from the Law of Reciprocity? or cause and effect, sowing and reaping?
So, what I got from this in layman terms is that people who believe in God only believe in him because they have a feeling that God gave them something special and so they have to believe in God. Is it that you believe that people find a reason to believe in God or are they deceived by some cognitive dissonance?

I am trying to get what you are saying. :):)

Jumi

So, what I got from this in layman terms is that people who believe in God only believe in him because they have a feeling that God gave them something special and so they have to believe in God.
I don't think how that relates to anything he said. Your idea of beliefs will probably grow on this forum if you want to discuss.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
So, what I got from this in layman terms is that people who believe in God only believe in him because they have a feeling that God gave them something special and so they have to believe in God.
more like would you treat another being self identifies as higher spiritual power with more respect than a human being like yourself and based on the golden rule.

Is it that you believe that people find a reason to believe in God or are they deceived by some cognitive dissonance?
the question was for those that are basically theist and how they would relate to their idols and the possibility of their idols being hypocrites.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Only if they weren't a cause in the first place.

effect based on actions by the gods, deities, immortals. if there is no cause, or action, ever then i would think the entity would be impotent.

Alucard

''Don't Stop, Don't Stop!
more like would you treat another being self identifies as higher spiritual power with more respect than a human being like yourself and based on the golden rule.

the question was for those that are basically theist and how they would relate to their idols and the possibility of their idols being hypocrites.

Would I treat another being that calls itself a higher power or God with more respect than a human being like myself? I have no clue, there are many factors. What do you mean a human being like myself? Mind being more specific? Thank you :)

I see.

IDK what I am LOLZ

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Would I treat another being that calls itself a higher power or God with more respect than a human being like myself? I have no clue, there are many factors. What do you mean a human being like myself? Mind being more specific? Thank you :)

I see.

IDK what I am LOLZ
its a general question in how a theist would treat a being that they judge as a higher/lesser power. would they treat it better/worse than themselves.

most organized religions follow some form of the golden rule.

Jumi

effect based on actions by the gods, deities, immortals. if there is no cause, or action, ever then i would think the entity would be impotent.
Right, and that would be the only way to be immune. To not exist or exist without contact with the universe.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
As per Hindu views, not, as @Jainarayan said in the post. But then, there is an escape clause: "leela" (God's play).

When the higher spiritual beings are playing, what happens is not really true. It is only a mirage. In 'leela' they are not held responsible for what they may seemingly make happen. The 'leela' will have a cause, some instruction for humans. Otherwise they would just stay put.

Last edited: