• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Defund the Police and Tax Evasion.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Well Trump directly benefits from the current system, promised to fix it, and said fixing it would cost him a fortune. He promised to do these things before he had any record in government. Now he has a record. Now we know it was all a lie. So that's why it's relevant.

I don't think Trump was ever capable of fixing it. Any more than getting Mexico to pay for the wall. If enough people feel this is relevant, then I suppose he won't win.

I don't expect Biden to fix this - as far as I know, he hasn't promised to fix it, like Trump did. (Maybe Biden did promise that, and I missed it.)

What do you expect Biden to do for you?

Part of Trump's 2016 pitch was that he's (1) a savvy businessman who (2) has taken advantage of tax loopholes and (3) he'll fix those loopholes and it will cost him a fortune. Turns out only #2 was true, and that's why he didn't (doesn't) want us to see his tax returns.

Every other presidential candidate has released their tax returns going back to Nixon. And Nixon released his returns under audit and I believe during impeachment or under threat of impeachment.

Trump broke that precedent. Why? Because Trump First. America Second. He's trying to make the Trump family great again and tricked a lot of saps in America into helping him do that.

Yeah, don't really care about any of their tax returns. Maybe you got primo tax returns. I don't. You can judge me by that if you want to. I don't care.
Now that we see his tax returns will see the relevancy to the voters. Blame Trump for a tax system he had nothing to do with at the time or don't. Up to the voters.

Friend of Mara

That this was going to be either genetically or otherwise pre-determined. Like if you swapped a crackhead and CEO at birth the crackhead would still be a crackhead and the CEO would still be a CEO.
just wondering this assumes that environment and circumstance plays no real role in personal development, which is a puzzling position to take, given there is reason to say otherwise since that CEO would likely become an addicted personality type to escape his harsh reality too if he had to go through the same experiences which made that other man what he is today.
It depends on the person and how rooted their beliefs are in it. It started out as a racist belief. That the cream of the crop will rise to the top. Kings were kings because they were great. Peasants were stupid not because they were uneducated but they were uneducated because they were stupid.

It does have to ignore (at least to varying degrees) how much of a role the environment takes. Scientifically it has been disproved. Sociology in fact is entirely based off of why it is false.

MNoBody

It depends on the person and how rooted their beliefs are in it. It started out as a racist belief. That the cream of the crop will rise to the top. Kings were kings because they were great. Peasants were stupid not because they were uneducated but they were uneducated because they were stupid.

It does have to ignore (at least to varying degrees) how much of a role the environment takes. Scientifically it has been disproved. Sociology in fact is entirely based off of why it is false.
by that thinking one could imagine that a champion garden would grow then in any environment......o_O good grief

Friend of Mara

by that thinking one could imagine that a champion garden would grow then in any environment......o_O good grief
It is why it is a flawed belief. Much of conservative thinking is rooted in such things. The "pull yourself up by your bootstraps" is a phrase that literally meant to do the impossible.

I don't think Trump was ever capable of fixing it. Any more than getting Mexico to pay for the wall. If enough people feel this is relevant, then I suppose he won't win.

What do you expect Biden to do for you?

Yeah, don't really care about any of their tax returns. Maybe you got primo tax returns. I don't. You can judge me by that if you want to. I don't care.
Now that we see his tax returns will see the relevancy to the voters. Blame Trump for a tax system he had nothing to do with at the time or don't. Up to the voters.
Thanks.

I’m not voting for Biden because I expect him to do something for me personally, necessarily. As a white man in Texas who pays a lot of taxes my narrow self interest might arguably be better served by Donald Trump. It’s not like he’s going to separate me from my children at the border.

But I believe in America First.