• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Defining GOD

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
@dybmh

I thought of a more condensed version of the argument:

1. If morality is not eternal, it would be arbitrary.
2. Morality is not arbitrary.
c1 Therefore Morality is eternal. 1 + 2
3. Morality requires perception
c2 Therefore there is a eternal perceiver of morality c1 + 3
4. Only way to perceive all levels of morality is to be God
Therefore God exists c2 + 4

OK, thank you.

You agree with only 1.

It's not me agreeing or disagreeing. It's what is proven. It's what is known. If I bring a valid counter example, then it is unproven, and the proposition returns to being unknown.

So I will elaborate. If morality is arbitrary (not 2), it's basically not existent and is an illusion. It's an illusion and has no truth. No one believes that.

Sadly, many-many people take this position.

As for 3, perception is required, because when think of morality, it involves analysis of the intention and action, and it requires consciousness with intention. The action (physically) is not alone what is evil or good.

This is true for any and all individuals who make moral assertions. But there are many who don't. Or at least that is what they say. Because the world is a big place and there are many many people, the odds are that there is at least one person in the world who actually makes no moral claims in their mind.

I'll tell you, honestly, in my conversations with some people, I believe them 100% when they tell me they are amoral.

As for 4, the highest moral greatness cannot be perceived by dark evil entity, but dark evil entity can only been seen and judged fully by a perfect ultimate being. So it's not the inverse.

I disagree. The dark entity wants to be dark, wants to be excluded, it pleases them. It knows the moral greatness, it is an expert in the law for the purpose of breaking it. This is what excites it. If it did not know moral greatness, its access to its drug-of-choice is completely cut-off.

Bthoth

*banned*
God is the conscious universe manifesting lower levels of reality such as physical matter.

Discuss.
Mankind is the conscious life within the universe, living upon physical matter as light upon mass 'aware of itself'.

God is all mass, all energy and all time As 1 .

The total of all of it.

"We' live within the body of god itself.

Dao Hao Now

God is the conscious universe manifesting lower levels of reality such as physical matter.

Discuss.
Do you imagine this god to have agency and will?
And if so; do you believe this god applies its will through that agency in any way that is discernible on any physical matter?