• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Define: "man, woman"!

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
to gain more insights by listening to more opinions. Gaining more insights about things and hearing different opinions can lead to better understanding.

It is a good thing!
Gaining insight usually requires that you think about your observations. So consider some of the following:

If a human being has a penis, is it a man? What if his penis is removed -- does he stop being a man? So does the penis define what a man is?

Does being able to impregnate a female make one a man, or being able to conceive make one a woman? Well, what if one is sterile? What are they then?

Does your mind have anything to do with who you are? Then going further, does your mind have anything to do with what you are?

Is it only the pairs of chromosomes that decide whether you are one or the other? XY is man and YY is female? But what if there are other arrangements (and there are)? There are people who are XYY and some who are XXY -- so what are they? Male, female, neither, both?

Does being male mean being attracted to females, or being female mean being attracted to males? What about those who don't conform -- are they neither male nor female?

You see, at the end of the day, I define who and what I am by who and what I THINK I am. And that is why I am a firm believer that the person who thinks they are male (whatever their genetic arrangement or the organs they possess, or which gender they may be attracted to), are male -- and of course the same for the person who thinks they are female.

Maybe such people could be helped by surgical or hormonal intervention, but I don't know that they really need to be. "Who" you are is who you think you are -- because your brain is the source of your conscious being.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
"Typically, women have two X chromosomes and are capable of pregnancy and giving birth from puberty until menopause. Female anatomy is distinguished from male anatomy by the female reproductive system, which includes the ovaries, fallopian tubes, uterus, vagina, and vulva.

Male anatomy is distinguished from female anatomy by the male reproductive system, which includes the penis, testicles, sperm duct, prostate gland and the epididymis, as well as secondary sex characteristics.
Man - Wikipedia

Do you agree with those qualities as being part of the definitions : "man, woman"?
Of course. How could it not be?