• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Defiant behavior

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
For awhile, with my middle son, a Dilly Bar(Dairy Queen treat) was purchased for each day. Each time Mom had to put up with negative behavior from him, Mom got to take a bite off that Dilly Bar. At the end of the day, he got what was left.

That's pretty good. I like that. Discipline gets boring if you don't get to eat treats in front of a child behaving poorly.
My favourite was downing a packet of sour worms in front of my basketball team after training one day. I'd asked them about fifteen times to not bounce balls while I was explaining things. They figured the worms were reward for training hard, but I just kept eating them while that one kid was bouncing a ball. They eventually worked out what was going on, and peer pressure worked it's magic, at which point I handed the packet over.

Didn't say a word the whole time...lol

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Anybody else ever notice that deviant and defiant are only one letter away from being the same word?

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
That's pretty good. I like that. Discipline gets boring if you don't get to eat treats in front of a child behaving poorly.
My favourite was downing a packet of sour worms in front of my basketball team after training one day. I'd asked them about fifteen times to not bounce balls while I was explaining things. They figured the worms were reward for training hard, but I just kept eating them while that one kid was bouncing a ball. They eventually worked out what was going on, and peer pressure worked it's magic, at which point I handed the packet over.

Didn't say a word the whole time...lol

When my son was still in public schools, I had to explain to his teacher that she couldn't just deny him his treat for the day, she would have to actually eat it(if she simply withheld, he was smart enough to understand it would be there later). I enquired if there were any chips she didn't like, so I wouldn't send those. There was a little resistance at first, but eventually both teacher and parastaff relished eating his chips after a hard day.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I've been known to get myself an ice-cream for myself and some other random who didn't say they hate me, and then eat it calmly in front of them.
And that's a clever thing. No physical contact while the lesson is established mean people aren't appreciated like friendly people.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Wait, wait, wait...someone's kid plays up, so he'll walk across the street and punch me?

(I know this isn't what you meant...just having fun...)
Well, yeah, under the assumption it won't actually happen because you'd slug him back. It's not as easy picking on people who can defend themselves and fight back.

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
Well guys I turned in my project. The project was I had to come up with a hypothetical situation involving one of the challenging behaviors listed. Then answer the questions. I chose a 2 year old male kid displaying defiant behavior 2-4 times a day. I had to cite sources for the majority of the questions. One the questions is how do adults react in regards to the challenging behavior? I decided i wanted to be realistic as possible and so i asked the question on here. Y'all were cited as a source. Usually I wouldnt cite RF but it seemed like it would be ok in this case given the question. Y'all werent the only source I cited however almost every question had sources and such.

Anyway so I got a 100 on the assignment. Wooohoo.