• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Defeating covid via the "kitchen sink", in a few weeks

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
How do we dispense with the Constitution's limits on fed powers?

I'm laughing to myself as I type this:

How about if the government put together a credible, detailed plan (ha, ha, ha, ha, ha), and presented it to the people, and then the people gave it thoughtful consideration (ha, ha, ha, ha, ha), did some math for themselves (ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha), and decided to volunteer to do the 90% lockdown (ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha...)

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
I don't understand this post.

If you say, that Trump or anyone else has broken the law, then to me, they have broken the law if in a court of law they are convicted of breaking the law including the Constitution. Remember I am a former civil servant and that is how we view the law. It is a series of rules and you are only guilty of have broken the law, if you are convicted of that.

Do the USA needed to change how they apply the law and the Constitution? Yes, but that is politics.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I'm laughing to myself as I type this:

How about if the government put together a credible, detailed plan (ha, ha, ha, ha, ha), and presented it to the people, and then the people gave it thoughtful consideration (ha, ha, ha, ha, ha), did some math for themselves (ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha), and decided to volunteer to do the 90% lockdown (ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha...)
Quite the comedian.
While you're at it, propose that people all
be intelligent, learned, honest, & civil.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
If you say, that Trump or anyone else has broken the law, then to me, they have broken the law if in a court of law they are convicted of breaking the law including the Constitution. Remember I am a former civil servant and that is how we view the law. It is a series of rules and you are only guilty of have broken the law, if you are convicted of that.
It's legal if they get away with it, eh.
OJ Simpson would love you.
Do the USA needed to change how they apply the law and the Constitution? Yes, but that is politics.
You'd give more power over us to the fed?

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
Quite the comedian.
While you're at it, propose that people all
be intelligent, learned, honest, & civil.

But they are. They are honest, decent and rational. It says so here:
  • We seek to substantially reduce the size and intrusiveness of government and cut and eliminate taxes at every opportunity.
  • We believe that peaceful, honest people should be able to offer their goods and services to willing consumers without inappropriate interference from government.
  • We believe that peaceful, honest people should decide for themselves how to live their lives, without fear of criminal or civil penalties.
  • We believe that government’s only responsibility, if any, should be protecting people from force and fraud.
About the Libertarian Party

The rest you can leave to the people and of course observe that 90% of all of them went in lock-down and stayed there until they had sorted out testing, tracing and so on. We just left it to the people and it worked.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
But they are. They are honest, decent and rational. It says so here:
  • We seek to substantially reduce the size and intrusiveness of government and cut and eliminate taxes at every opportunity.
  • We believe that peaceful, honest people should be able to offer their goods and services to willing consumers without inappropriate interference from government.
  • We believe that peaceful, honest people should decide for themselves how to live their lives, without fear of criminal or civil penalties.
  • We believe that government’s only responsibility, if any, should be protecting people from force and fraud.
About the Libertarian Party

The rest you can leave to the people and of course observe that 90% of all of them went in lock-down and stayed there until they had sorted out testing, tracing and so on. We just left it to the people and it worked.
You seem to be on a multi-thread anti-libertarian streak.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
You seem to be on a multi-thread anti-libertarian streak.

It's legal if they get away with it, eh.
OJ Simpson would love you.

Now the usage of the OJ Simpson case is an appeal to emotions and thus not a reasoned valid argument. It is an appeal to emotion, because you want me feel that what happened was wrong as an emotion. I don't think what happened was wrong. He had his day in court (part of the government) and the system worked. It handed down a verdict of not guilty. That is how it is supposed to work.

Now I suppose that you don't accept the verdict as the rule of law, so that would make you anti-libertarian and an anarchist of sorts.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
No need to get so emotional over a joke.

So here is a joke. Some times ago a young woman was convicted for in effect "heckling" her boyfriend to commit suicide, which he did. In some versions of libertarianism she wouldn't be convicted, because she hadn't done something illegal. Now that is a joke, right?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
So here is a joke. Some times ago a young woman was convicted for in effect "heckling" her boyfriend to commit suicide, which he did. In some versions of libertarianism she wouldn't be convicted, because she hadn't done something illegal. Now that is a joke, right?
I'm concerned.
Are things OK with you?
Your very posts are different today...puzzling.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I think the government has the right to try to stop the spread of disease.
So long as it doesn't exceed its constitutional powers.

I see the best path as a national leader, the President,
offering effective leadership. That's not happening.
To give him more power wouldn't fix anything.

PureX

Veteran Member
People who want to give the fed gov such central & great power
over us should remember that it would be given to Donald Trump.
Is it possible that he might use it in ways they hadn't anticipated,
& possibly to our detriment?
Yeah, we should give all that power to corporate CEOs, who always have our best interest in mind, and who will gladly step aside if the people effected by their policies don't like their results. o_O

That's what the Constitution says!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Yeah, we should give all that power to corporate CEOs, who always have our best interest in mind, and who will gladly step aside if the people effected affected by their policies don't like their results. o_O

That's what the Constitution says!
Fixed.