• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Deep Love

Named

I don't buy that. Killing innocents for any reason is not deep love. That would be deep hate.

Do you really believe the victims of 9/11 were innocent? Less guilty I could agree with.
How is what they did any different to America dropping two nuclear bombs on Japan? They killed 'innocents' in order to terrorise Japan into submission.
That, in my opinion, was the worst act of terrorism in history.
To them this is a time of war, whether or not America thinks so.

people need to know the difference between duty and love. its the firefighter's duty as a firefighter should do... fight fire and save lives. its the bombers duty to follow those of his leader, its his duty to bomb the buildings.
Exactly.
Perhaps some or even most of the fire fighters were genuinely compassionate and fought for love, but if any of them had a similar state of mind to myself, they would go to any measure to fulfil their duty.
I do nothing for love.

I do hope we can see that and pray they be enlightened.
Enlightened how?
"Even the most sincere person can be sincerely deluded/deceived."
I remind you that these 'wise words' apply to you and your beliefs too. I could argue your paucity of enlightenment is as dire as these terrorists'.
i heard that suicide bombers are promised a thousand virgins.
I heard it was 70.

Named said:
Do you really believe the victims of 9/11 were innocent? Less guilty I could agree with.
Guilty of what, exactly?

How is what they did any different to America dropping two nuclear bombs on Japan?
Although there are similarities between the 9/11 terrorism and the use of the atomic bombs on Japan, let's not forget the differences also: Japan was given the option of surrender, after which its people would be treated humanely.

Al-Quaida, like many international terrorist organizations, has no intention of negotiation or a peaceful solution to its goals....Al-Quaida is not a single, organized political entity with which to "surrender" or negotiate (like the U.S.) but rather a collection of independent criminal cells, which give no quarter. The real goal of terrorist organizations like Al-Quaida is not, for example, to get U.S. troops out of Saudi Arabia...that's how they start out, but they soon evolve into self-sustaining criminal organizations. It's not all about ideals...waging terrorist war on the West can actually be a lucrative business.

The important thing to remember about international terrorism is that they rarely pursue a progressive strategy towards their (supposedly) idealistic political goals...instead, the real goal is to exact revenge on the West for historical Arab humiliation, and self-perpetuation through recruitment and cash raising.

That, in my opinion, was the worst act of terrorism in history.
No offense, but your opinion is uninformed and reeks of prejudice towards the U.S. First of all, more civilians were killed in the fire bombings of Tokyo than in Hiroshima or Nagasaki. Secondly, ever hear of the Holocaust? What about the genocides in Rwanda? Many more civilians were killed in those events than were killed at Nagasaki or Hiroshima. Ever hear about the Rape of Nanking? http://www.tribo.org/nanking/

I don't condone the use of the atomic bomb on Japan. Then again, far more Japanese would have been killed in an all out invasion of Japan, if it had come to that....most of the Japanese soldiers, as well as civilians, would probably have fought to the death if the atomic bomb had not moved Hirohito to surrender.

Anyway, it's easy for us to criticize the decisions of the past, but not so easy to come up with a better solution. So tell me, Named, if you had been the U.S. President, instead of dropping the atomic bomb what would you have done to end the war? Keep in mind thousands of American troops are dying every day from ships being sunk by Kamikazis and other Pacific combat.

Ardhanariswar

I'm back!
Quote:
How is what they did any different to America dropping two nuclear bombs on Japan?
Although there are similarities between the 9/11 terrorism and the use of the atomic bombs on Japan, let's not forget the differences also: Japan was given the option of surrender, after which its people would be treated humanely. "

hahaha, would you think it would be fair if al-queda asked us to surredner before they crashed into the world trade centre? i thought so. its not justified. killing and all.

Ardhanariswar

I'm back!
though it can be argued that some people have *deep love* for their nation/cause/people and they will do anything to become martyrs for thier cause.

It would be fair if Al-Quaida was truly interested in a peaceful solution, as the Allies were during WWII. But a careful study of the organization will show quite clearly that it is interested in no such thing.

trishtrish10

the japanese worshiped their emporer and kamakazies died for him. some even flew into to the smokestacks of some ships in pearl harbor, which caused major damage. my father was a fighter pilot in the european theatre during wwll. he had no desire to tour a foreign country afterwards. i don't blame him. americans rescue other nations from oppression and then they want nothing to do with them as they are no longer useful to them. france is a very good example. i hope the iraquis pay off some of their debt to us not just financially. there are 40 coalition countries involved in the iraqi conflict. it will take a generation for them to stabilize like germany. i admire the militaries involved and the faithful iraqis who were the oppressed. how about that olympic soccer team. hope the win the gold medal. they are in the position to. they have excellent coaching. i champion the truth and all good causes against any odds. look at how brave king david was. i only wish i could be as brave and just.

trishtrish10

gerani u are interesting because u are so morally correct and sincere. u r going in a very good direction and am glad u question ure own beliefs. me i just trust God completely and others as much as possible. because we are human we are vulnerable and suffer. that's the hard way to learn or the school of hard knocks. unless u r some spoiled rich person, and not all are spoiled, u will suffer on earth. christians prefer to give or empty themselves out and suffer for the common good although like Christ, we are incapable of suffering, that's why it hurts. some are even martyred for their faith especially the early christian fathers.