• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Decriminalization - Cannabis During Pregnancy

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
My wife and I have a deal: Every time I have to clean up cat crap, I get to shoot one cat. We only have the one, so......
Cleaning the litter box is women's work.
That's why Mrs Revolt does it.
(Don't show her this post.)

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I think your study is just what you want to hear, its always the same, pot smokers will support anything that is supporting of their stupid happit, I have been there, I know.
The thing is, the occasional recreational use of marijuana is something that for most people is rather safe. Of course a few people do have allergic reactions, and studies are showing it probably isn't good for schizophrenia, but overall marijuana has a ton of benefits, ranging from the having a rich source of raw fiber from hemp (it's actually better for paper than trees), there are many medicinal benefits for a wide range of ailments and conditions, and even when used recreationally you're going to have to justify and back up this "stupid habit" because even a joint a day has only negligible effects on the lungs. And because some of the cannabinoids (there are far more than just THC; such is why Merinol is not a suitable substitute) have been shown to do things such as prevent and slow down cancer and even stimulate brain cell regrowth, you're going to have a very hard time showing how it is a "stupid habit."
How many other substances can you name that are safe during pregnancy? Even many OTC drugs are off limits to pregnant women.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
No its not! In fact it can be dangerous for pregnant woman to change the litter.
Spluh!
Women get a break from litter box duty when becoming preggers is possible.
It's one time we guys make the big sacrifice.

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
I think your study is just what you want to hear, its always the same, pot smokers will support anything that is supporting of their stupid happit, I have been there, I know.
completely irrational and factless.
And yet, my husband (who posses that man part) cleans my cat's box. Therefore you are wrong and I am right.

I'm off to show Mrs. Revolt your post . . . .
You can add me as evidence as well.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
So what medical study would convince you? Or, has the false stigma closed your mind permanently? And keep in mind that having experience with smoking pot gives you absolutely no ground to argue against its medical benefits.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
So what medical study would convince you? Or, has the false stigma closed your mind permanently? And keep in mind that having experience with smoking pot gives you absolutely no ground to argue against its medical benefits.
I can't share my experiences, but I always talk about that pot-headed gold medal Olympian, Micheal Phelps.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
I don't quite understand what your getting at, but I do know that pot smoking is completely wrong for a pregnant woman, if you cannot see that, then please never get a woman who smokes pot pregnant.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
And you are right to think that.
While personal experiences may differ from what studies claim, you need a lot more than "this is what I think" to challenge a study.
Such as when I challenge just about everything academic I have read about heavy metal music, I can point to lyrics, the education of many fans and performers, the types of fans, and other things to show academics tend to not have a good understanding of metal.
You, on the other hand, are just mentioning your own personal feelings, which isn't enough.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
I don't quite understand what your getting at, but I do know that pot smoking is completely wrong for a pregnant woman, if you cannot see that, then please never get a woman who smokes pot pregnant.
So, you think that the doctors in this study are lying? What evidence do you base your position on? I was surprised by the article myself, but I don't see any reason to disregard the findings. What reasons do you have for your view?