• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Decisions, Decisions, Decisions

Salty Booger

Royal Crown Cola (RC)
So, I'm purchasing some underwear on Amazon tonight--like my socks, they seem to grow legs and run away when I'm not looking. Anyway, I need to spend $9.50 more to qualify for free shipping. I buy my socks at Walmart and have already purchased myself a couple books earlier this month, so I'm not sure what more I should buy myself.

I'm not sprouting any ideas right now and don't want to buy just anything. I am creative/artistic, love computers, don't play video games, spiritual, playful, own a car, have a cat and dog, drink coffee (have plenty of cups). I don't own much of anything and am pretty much a minimalist at this time.

Anyone with a good idea would be helpful:)

pexels-karolina-grabowska-5632382.jpg

Photo by Karolina Grabowska from Pexels

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Himalayan pink salt.

After thoroughly investigating this product I found the one thing it excels at:

It's pink!
I've that can be used for decorative reasons, like for some desserts.
But other than that I just cannot figure out how it got to be popular. It's salt that just happens to be pink. Other than cosmetic appearances there is nothing special about it.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Possibly. I'm getting dentures in a couple weeks, might be a good time to get in my last opportunity to chew gum.:)
Definitely. I love the Sonoran Spice Company gumballs. They have some legit heat, but they are so tasty and good.
https://www.amazon.com/Sonoran-Spic...J4JTR2MQR79&psc=1&refRID=EBCK20N0HJ4JTR2MQR79
And if you want something you will absolutely never forgot, the Toe of Satan (I love hot foods and this is wicked and insanely hot).
https://www.amazon.com/Toe-Satan-Ho...4MZD0XVHRFA&psc=1&refRID=0ECZWA3G74MZD0XVHRFA

Salty Booger

Royal Crown Cola (RC)
And if you want something you will absolutely never forgot, the Toe of Satan (I love hot foods and this is wicked and insanely hot).
I like Red Hots, which reminds me to buy a box before my next dental appointment.:) Thanx for the suggestions. Also, licorice needs be added to my list of favorite treats that will be impossible in a few weeks.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
But other than that I just cannot figure out how it got to be popular. It's salt that just happens to be pink. Other than cosmetic appearances there is nothing special about it.
This might just be my imagination or part of the impurities related to the color, but rock salt seems to dissolve slower than sea salt. Which is great for me because I use smoked salts in a lot of curing. To smoke salts you have to moisten them so the smoke can stick and become a film. But getting it wet means some salt will dissolve.

MNoBody

Underwear

I'm thinking on whether I need anything...
the image of a crusty old booger of a cat running around fretting on their low underwear crisis, is.....amusing, thanks for the laugh
besides, I thought cats went commando, or do you go against your species cultural traditions?o_O

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member

I believe this salt is acceptable during certain fasts.

You could always buy a second pack of underwear. After all, you'll lose this pack eventually, too.

Salty Booger

Royal Crown Cola (RC)
the image of a crusty old booger of a cat running around fretting on their low underwear crisis, is.....amusing, thanks for the laugh
besides, I thought cats went commando, or do you go against your species cultural traditions?o_O
The underwear crisis is not the issue, finding something of value to cover free shipping is the issue. Commando? Not without scaring all the others cats in the neighborhood (not a pretty sight).

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
This might just be my imagination or part of the impurities related to the color, but rock salt seems to dissolve slower than sea salt. Which is great for me because I use smoked salts in a lot of curing. To smoke salts you have to moisten them so the smoke can stick and become a film. But getting it wet means some salt will dissolve.
Tab!e salt is ground rather finely. Rock salt, kosher salt and others are, of course, coarser. Table salt dissolves more quickly because it has more surface area per unit mass. It is an example of the square cube law.

Gargovic Malkav

Himalayan pink salt.

After thoroughly investigating this product I found the one thing it excels at:

It's pink!

My mom really likes Himalayan salt lamps. I thought it was just plastic when I saw them but when I found out they were called Himalayan salt lamps, I had to lick one.