• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Deception By Perception

Hidden in Plain Sight. Deception by Perception

1 John 2:19
They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would [no doubt] have continued with us: but [they went out], that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.

Matthew 24:5 For
many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

How does an evil killer hide in plain sight while everyone is searching for him? This is the question that many people have asked in the past regarding the now infamous BTK killer and other elusive murders. This is also a question that many Believers will be asking after the Final Great Gentile Leader or Anti-Christ has caused great harm and damage to countless millions of lives. How? How? How? How did they miss the BTK killer? How do they keep missing these people?

Well the answer to this question is actually quite simple. It is the same way that many Germans missed Hitler, and it is the same way that many murderers from around the world go undetected. You see, the BTK killer was a member of the community. He went to church in the community. He ate, helped, talked, laughed, and played with the people in the community. So when it came time to find out who was killing the people in the community, it never dawned on the people to look amongst themselves.

This type of fraud is called deception by perception. It is one of the oldest techniques known to man. All intelligence agents are taught this craft for covert operations. They are taught to blend in and become one with the community in order to accomplish their objectives. The reason why this technique is so effective is because of man’s tendencies. Most people are not aware of this, but man has a tendency to do four things.

First he has a tendency to adopt or embrace. After an individual has mingled or is seen by the community for a any length of time, he or she is adopted as one of their own. This is witnessed in society’s embrace and adoption of celebrities. In many households, without even truly knowing the individual, many celebrities are felt to be part of the family.

Secondly, man has a tendency to form emotional attachments. It is a fact that most humans are lead and governed by their emotions. This means that over time after seeing or meeting an individual, and after adopting him into the community, many will develop emotional bonds. This bond will tend to cloud or interfere with their ability to reason. This is also seen in society’s love for their celebrities.

Thirdly, man has a tendency to become biased toward those who he perceives to be his own. This tendency arises from the previous two. Man will always overlook his own whenever a question arises regarding improper actions. One will always think and say “Oh so and so would never do such a thing,” or “Oh no not so and so. I know him .” This is especially evident, when he feels that the individual is coming under attack from someone who is not part of their community. Without reasoning or objectively examining the evidence, many will immediately rise to the defense of the most corrupt individual.

Fourthly, because of the first three tendencies, man has a tendency to make excuses. When the evidence of impropriety becomes overwhelming against one who is perceived to belong, man will start making excuses. With those excuses, he tries to justify that person’s actions. This is what happened in Germany. The people saw the evidence, but Hitler was perceived to be one of their own. They had developed strong emotional attachments and had become biased. And since this was the case many would say: “He couldn’t possible be doing these things, and even if he was there must be a good reason for it. This type of behavior is called denial, and it is a dangerous disease.

All these tendencies arise from the fact, that in today’s world, many people have failed to realise that external familiarity tends to bring a false sense of assurance. As we have emphasized in
I See Therefore I Know, seeing is not knowing. Most people today, are of the assumption that visual interaction translates into personal knowledge. Many people will feel that they know a celebrity because they have seen him or her on the television. This belief is dangerous. The problem with this is that external images are pliable. They can be easily bent, folded, decorated, twisted, and manipulated so as to fit a particular purpose. By concentrating on manipulated external features, one fails to see the true person behind those features.

This is exactly what occurred in The Wizard Of Oz. Here was this little old man who had deceived all that were around him; through the manipulation and exaggeration of his image. He appeared to be a great, head, a lovely lady, and a great ball of fire. All were deceived by the images that he portrayed on the screen. In reality he was but a little old man.

So manipulating ones image is not hard to do. This is why Paul states in 1 Corinthians 2:11(For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.) You see man is able to manipulate his physical surroundings, but his spirit will stay the same. The image of a man can lie, but his spirit can not. The spirit of a man is like his DNA. It is 100.0 % accurate in identifying his true motives and intentions. In order to see the real man one must look past the image and examine his spirit.

“Belief is not the foundation of Existence, it does not negate, and it cannot create

“Everything and Everybody that looks and sounds good, to you is not always good for you”

Galatians 2:4 And that because of false brethren unawares brought in, who came in privily to spy out our liberty which we have in Christ Jesus, that they might bring us into bondage:

Jude 1:4 For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.

Matthew 24:11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.

may

the only way to true peace , is the kingdom spoken of in Daniel 2;44"And in the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be brought to ruin. And the kingdom itself will not be passed on to any other people. It will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms, and it itself will stand to times indefinite................. anyone or anything else that claims to be the way to peace is a false hope. no matter how sincere the aims or claims maybe, it is a false hope. infact to claim that it is the way to peace , would be blasphemy, as only Gods heavenly kingdom goverment with Jesus as its king is the way to peace

Do not put YOUR trust in nobles,​

Nor in the son of earthling man, to whom no salvation belongs. psalm 146;3-4

may said:
the only way to true peace , is the kingdom spoken of in Daniel 2;44"And in the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be brought to ruin. And the kingdom itself will not be passed on to any other people. It will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms, and it itself will stand to times indefinite................. anyone or anything else that claims to be the way to peace is a false hope. no matter how sincere the aims or claims maybe, it is a false hope. infact to claim that it is the way to peace , would be blasphemy, as only Gods heavenly kingdom goverment with Jesus as its king is the way to peace

Do not put YOUR trust in nobles,​

Nor in the son of earthling man, to whom no salvation belongs. psalm 146;3-4

Good Day
What you have just stated is true, but it boggles the mind to see so many Believers who have put their hope and trust into an individual who has promised them a peace and a security that can not be attained without the true Messias.

may

Mindonfire said:
Good Day
What you have just stated is true, but it boggles the mind to see so many Believers who have put their hope and trust into an individual who has promised them a peace and a security that can not be attained without the true Messias.
yes , and sometimes it is not just an individual, but a( thing )that the nations put their trust in to bring peace and security, in fact the nations are putting this( thing) ahead of Gods kingdom , and even claiming that it is what God wants on the earth, and even so called christian leaders are claiming this thing as Gods will, no wonder that the flocks are also lead along to believe the lie

may said:
yes , and sometimes it is not just an individual, but a( thing )that the nations put their trust in to bring peace and security, in fact the nations are putting this( thing) ahead of Gods kingdom , and even claiming that it is what God wants on the earth, and even so called christian leaders are claiming this thing as Gods will, no wonder that the flocks are also lead along to believe the lie

Good Day

How soon have they forgotton that when Christ returns that every knee shall bow and every tongue confess that he is Lord. And they that do not wish to humble themselves will be destroyed. You know a rod of iron is not made of feathers.

Psalms 2:9 Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel.

Revelation 2:27 And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father.

Revelation 12:5 And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and [to] his throne.

Revelation 19:15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

Peace

PureX

Veteran Member
I have a couple of comments. One is that in the case of Hitler, and of other political tyrants of the sort, they're just the figureheads for a whole social phenomena. Hitler would have been and done nothing by himself. It was the collective anger and resentment of the German people, and their desire to express it through violence, that propelled Hitler to power and sustained him in it. Hitler didn't actually kill anyone, that we know of. Yet millions were murdered by those who supported his insane and violent goals. So in this case, the "evil" was hiding within the citizens themselves. And the lesson to us, is that the "evil hiding among us" is very likely to be hiding right in our own hearts and minds.

The second thing I would like to point out is that it's part of the machinery of nature that the weak will be the pray of the strong. Trust without wisdom is a weak position to be in, in this world. And when we're in this position, we're vulnerable to being prayed upon by anyone able to do so. It's bound to happen to us occasionally, just as part of the course of nature, and because we can't know everything. I'm not justifying serial killers, who take advantage of the weakened position in a free society, nor am I suggesting that we stop being a free society. But we should understand that as a free society, we make ourselves vulnerable to certain kinds of abuse, and some people will inevitably take advantage of this.

We did not create the world, and we didn't decide on how it works. But this is how it works, and I think we need to understand and recognize it. "Evil", in this sense, is going to be endemic. To put it simply; you can't have good people without having the possibility of there being some bad ones who will abuse them. And you can't have the possibility of there being some bad people, without someone fulfilling that possibility. This is "God's rules", not ours.

Lastly, I would also like to point out that as I read and appreciated your insightful and intelligent post, I got the impression that you were sort of advocating suspicion and even paranoia, in a way. And although I certainly am a fan and promoter of skepticism, I think suspicion and paranoia fall into the more extreme category of cynicism, rather than skepticism. Yes, we do need to be suspicious, but I think if we cross over into the the area of assuming the worst until proven otherwise, we become crazy, and dangerous to ourselves and each other. It's true that being open-minded about people will leave us open to the occasional abuse of others, but the alternative is a kind of permanent self-abuse.

All in all, though, I think you wrote a very good post.

Thanks!

may

Mindonfire said:

Psalms 2:9 Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel.

Revelation 2:27 And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father.

Revelation 12:5 And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and [to] his throne.

Revelation 19:15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

Peace

not forgetting that the Lamb will also guide them to fountains of waters of life......nice....
because the Lamb, who is in the midst of the throne, will shepherd them, and will guide them to fountains of waters of life. And God will wipe out every tear from their eyes. revelation 7;17 yes just as a shepherd uses his Rod to guide his sheep so Jesus does the same , but we have to be sheeplike and accept that guidance , other wise we will not benefit from the loving guidance of Jesus . infact we could be like a goat , and be stuborn and rebellious i suppose it depends on our attitude to the rod ,

Mystic-als

Good article Mindonfire! and really good response PureX. I liked

"To put it simply; you can't have good people without having the possibility of there being some bad ones who will abuse them. And you can't have the possibility of there being some bad people, without someone fulfilling that possibility. This is "God's rules", not ours."

The God's rules part. Nice.