• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Debate vs Discussion: What's the Difference?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I don't mind the rules but can you add a disclaimer when we get to read a topic in the discussion section?

Something like: This topic was posted on the Discussion forum. You are welcome to express your opinion but you can't state that another member is in the wrong.

This serves two purposes: It explains the concept to newcomers and makes it hard for a member not to notice where the topic was posted.

Good point, Koldo! I personally do that. So do several other people. But your post gives me the idea of taking it up with the other Admins whether we should make doing it a requirement for all. It will take awhile to decide that issue though.

We have a warning called an "informal warning". It doesn't go on anyone's record. But it's a way to let someone know they broke a rule without penalizing them for it. Like a "heads-up"! We usually give informal warnings to folks the first time they break a rule. The second time, they get a formal warning that goes on their record.