• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Debate the Logic of a World Order.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
No. Not good. World Order sucks.
Why?

Because The Scots want rule within Scotland. And the Welsh want rule within Wales......
........... and it goes on, all around the World.

We (the majority of us) in the UK did not want a European Order, so we definitely wouldn't want a world order.

The Taliban would like a World Order, Tony.
Bahai would like a World Order.

World Order sucks, because it would not be our idea of what order should be.

Hey OB, not sure how many times I will have to say that it will not be the Baha'i, but it will be all the Nations that will get together to build that World Order.

In the other OP that is that Faith teaches itself, it is what Baha'u'llah has given from God that will unfold in our lives.

The vision of the world order and how it will come about has been written down.

Personally, even without my Faith, I see no other solution for a world, which we now know is a very small place.

It's OK OB, ore than likely we will not be around to witness it unfold, but things could even change tomorrow on a grand scale, an unknown rock from space may give us a spanking. ;)

Regards Tony

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
We can wait until there is complete disaster from Covid 19
IMO we need a stronger virus for that to happen

We don't need a perfect world
I never said that. The world is 'perfect' as it is IMO

We don't need a perfect world, just a functioning one
We already have that

We can wait until there is complete disaster from Covid 19, climate change, and/or nuclear proliferation or come together now to fend off disaster, or wait for disaster to come and recognize we are one world and come together after things get much worse, and come together in order to starkly survive.
All we need is Love
All we have are greedy, power hungry egoistic leaders

The filthy rich 1% (elite) proves it all.

They still abuse covid to earn steal from the poor and scary covid victims. I need not know more than this fact, to know where covid is headed (used for)

None of this requires altruistic motives, just enlightened self interest.
You don't "just" become "Enlightened"
That takes much more than 99+% is willing to do

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
World order would be a federated system. The British didn't realize it would have been in their own benefit. In the future, I expect with the challenges the world has, and potential for complete disaster which I have outlined elsewhere if we don't come together, we will come together. See my other posts. All would have a say of what the world order would be.

But Europe (as an example) has been a mess, imo.
Let each country run itself the way it wishes to, and if each country wishes to send delegates to a world commissio9n of some sort then fine.... but taking orders and legislation from a World Order..... Nope, imo.

The UK is in devolution, with governing bodies for Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and England...... that's the way we wanted to go.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Because it will be China2.0 for sure
And the rich elite almost got us there

There it is....... whose World Order would this be?
A Communist World Order?
North Korean? :p
American?

By all means we could build a better 'Centre for Nations' but no one body should direct every country's legislation.

exchemist

Veteran Member
The time will come when there will be a necessity for global federal government, just as in nations the US has a federal system. Already we are one world that needs federal rules between nations. Look at Covid 19, climate change, and nuclear proliferation.
These illustrate perfectly why no global government could ever be agreed. People's perceptions of their own interests vary too much, depending on who and where they are. The best we can hope for is global agreement to cooperate, on specific issues. And even then there will be some that do not join the party.

The only way a global government could arise would be by it being imposed on people, against their will. Do you advocate that?

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Hey OB, not sure how many times I will have to say that it will not be the Baha'i, but it will be all the Nations that will get together to build that World Order.

In the other OP that is that Faith teaches itself, it is what Baha'u'llah has given from God that will unfold in our lives.

The vision of the world order and how it will come about has been written down.

Personally, even without my Faith, I see no other solution for a world, which we now know is a very small place.

It's OK OB, ore than likely we will not be around to witness it unfold, but things could even change tomorrow on a grand scale, an unknown rock from space may give us a spanking. ;)

Regards Tony

Tony, I only mentioned Bahai because Bahai wants a World order.... so does the Taliban, just two examples. By all means Nations can get together to discuss, chat, help each other, etc... but such a meeting place should have no rights about how other countries legislate or anything else.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
There it is....... whose World Order would this be?
A Communist World Order?
North Korean? :p
American?
If it were Trump, maybe North Korea, he liked Kimmy, though he did mention his red button was bigger when Kimmy was a bit out of line. So, maybe indeed N.Korea2.0:p

Now serious. Whichever world order it will be, I don't like it. Too many maffia in the 1% elite, only greedy for more (except more love)

"The New Normal" will be far from free

By all means we could build a better 'Centre for Nations' but no one body should direct every country's legislation.
Yes, better to start with something like this

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Tony, I only mentioned Bahai because Bahai wants a World order.... so does the Taliban, just two examples. By all means Nations can get together to discuss, chat, help each other, etc... but such a meeting place should have no rights about how other countries legislate or anything else.
I think Hitler wanted one as well.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
If it were Trump, maybe North Korea, he liked Kimmy, though he did mention his red button was bigger when Kimmy was a bit out of line. So, maybe indeed N.Korea2.0:p

Now serious. Whichever world order it will be, I don't like it. Too many maffia in the 1% elite, only greedy for more (except more love)

"The New Normal" will be far from free

Yes, better to start with something like this
All good...! :)

The stories we used to hear about Brussels! Total nutters. :)

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Yeah.... And Stalin would not have minded.

Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely!!

Imagine a World Power that thinks it gets messages from Big-G! *shudders*

There is no need whatsoever if tolerance for diversity (within sensible reason) permeated the planet. The main thing not to be tolerated is the lack of tolerance for diversity.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Personally I think unity in humanity are not to be seen as everyone become totally agree with each others, or that there will be a one government ruling the world.

But spiritually it might be that we come to a unity from within our heart and realizing that fighting each other is not the solution. So we become more accepting toward other human beings. And hate ends
The problem is, CT, that I think in reality not very many people are "spiritual" at all. Even most religious people tend to be more dogmatic than spiritual -- and dogma (meaning principles laid down by an authority as incontrovertibly true) that conflicts with other dogma just leads to more strife. That is one of the reasons that the Framers of the US Constitution worked so hard to keep religion away from the business of the state.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
The problem is, CT, that I think in reality not very many people are "spiritual" at all. Even most religious people tend to be more dogmatic than spiritual -- and dogma (meaning principles laid down by an authority as incontrovertibly true) that conflicts with other dogma just leads to more strife. That is one of the reasons that the Framers of the US Constitution worked so hard to keep religion away from the business of the state.
Actually i agree with you :confused: hehe
To be spiritual is to seek the unknown within our belief, and to do all we can to become a better human being, religion has put mostly everything in a "system" that one "has to follow" otherwise one are not following the religion.
Sufism is more a spiritual path and even philosophy than a religion, because even we do follow the teaching from Allah and Muhammad, we seek within our own being to refine our higher self (lower self is same as ego)
So the teaching become a guide to tell us what to look for and what to avoid in life.

Hope this did not make it comfusing?

Clara Tea

Anubis - Wikipedia

Egyptians worshiped a dog headed God (speaking of dogmatic religions).

Dyslexia? (God backwards is dog)

I spent the entire month of Yam praying for a cure for my dyslexia. (And the schnauzer tilted its head in wonder, trying to figure out why I worshiped it).

Of course, I could also talk about Polytheism (involving a 2,500 pound parrot who learned to say "here kitty kitty)." When it asks for a cracker, you'd better get it a big one.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
There is no need whatsoever if tolerance for diversity (within sensible reason) permeated the planet. The main thing not to be tolerated is the lack of tolerance for diversity.
True. Very hard for so many politicals and religions to do, tolerate alternative opinions and policies.
Good word, that..... tolerance.

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
A New World Order would be the most oppressive system in history. Human nature ain't good enough for world peace. That's a lot of resources and survival necessities that would have to be taken care of each day to maintain it also.

First conquer hatred. Second conquer vanity. Third conquer greed. Fourth create a system to teach all people to be self sufficient.

World peace takes total commitment to live for others. The best systems humans have are self driven capitalism.

You need a universal truth that everybody buys into and is worthy. Good luck!!!