1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Featured Debate on hell

Discussion in 'Scriptural Debates' started by Frank Goad, Jun 20, 2020.

1. FineLinen

FineLinen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +296
    Religion:
    non denominational
    There is no such animal as "eternal" death. Our God is indeed aidios from which everything flows unto His purposes in the Christ.

Aidios kolasis is NOT mindless torture but one of change and transformation!

God is the Source, Guide & Goal of ta panta

2. FineLinen

Ratings:
    +296
    Religion:
    non denominational
    "From Him the all comes, through Him the all exists, and in Him the all ends..."

There is no wiggle room: the ta panta begins in our God, the ta panta ends in our God!

The all things recorded in Rev. 5.13 demonstrates the exact outcome! The entire creation encapsulating the heavens, the earth, and the underworld, ultimately sings in antiphonal worship to our glorious God of glory!

"It is in Him, and through the shedding of His blood, that we have our deliverance--the forgiveness of our offences--so abundant was God's grace, the grace which He, the possessor of all wisdom and understanding, lavished upon us, when He made known to us the secret of His will. And this is in harmony with God's merciful purpose for the government of the world when the times are ripe for it--the purpose which He has cherished in His own mind of restoring the whole creation to find its one Head in Christ; yes, things in Heaven and things on earth, to find their one Head in Him. And you..."

3. FineLinen

Ratings:
    +296
    Religion:
    non denominational
    The Father of all fathers has a Name. His Name is Abba (dearest Daddy). Abba knows how to correct with precision any of His wayward children. Punishment by this glorious Father of ours is NOT an end in itself, but leads to the peaceable fruits of righteousness!

Questions to consider

As we are required to love our enemies, may we not safely infer that God loves His enemies? (Matt. 5:44)

If God loves His enemies, will He punish them more than will be for their good?

Would endless punishment be for the good of any being?

As God loves His friends, if He loves His enemies also, are not all mankind the objects of His love?

If God loves those only who love Him, what better is He than the sinner? (Luke 6:32-33)

As "love thinketh no evil," can God design the ultimate evil of a single soul? (1 Cor. 13:5)

As "love worketh no ill," can God inflict, or cause, or allow to be inflicted, an endless ill? (Rom. 13:10)

As we are forbidden to be overcome by evil, can we safely suppose that God will be overcome by evil? (Rom. 12:21)

Would not the infliction of endless punishment prove that God HAD been overcome by evil?

If man does wrong in returning evil for evil, would not God do wrong if He was to do the same?

Would not endless punishment be the return of evil for evil?

As we are commanded "to overcome evil with good," may we not safely infer that God will do the same? (Rom. 12:21)

Would the infliction of endless punishment be overcoming evil with good?

4. Muffled

Muffled Jesus in me

Ratings:
    +1,292
    Religion:
    Christian
    I believe that is circular reasoning. I believe Hell is an English word based on Norse myths of Hel who was the keeper of the place bad people went to when they died. Sheol is the Hebrew word for the grave and invariably means in the ground. Translating sheol as hell instead of the grave is incorrect.

5. Muffled

Muffled Jesus in me

Ratings:
    +1,292
    Religion:
    Christian
    I do not believe hell equals death. It may be a place where the spiritually dead go but Hell is simply the lake of fire at least in the way we use the term as opposed to Norse myth which had a different view of it.

6. Skywalker

Skywalker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315
    Religion:
    Christian
    The word hell is also used to describe a negative situation. It isn't just based on Norse myths. NIV Butchers Psalm 9:17

7. Muffled

Muffled Jesus in me

Ratings:
    +1,292
    Religion:
    Christian
    I believe gehenna is not Hell but was simply like Hell at one time because it was a place of continual fire.

8. Muffled

Muffled Jesus in me

Ratings:
    +1,292
    Religion:
    Christian
    I believe this is the Hebrew: לִשְׁא֑וֹלָה
    liš-’ō-w-lāh;

שְׁאֹל 1) sheol, underworld, grave according to Strong's lexicon.
    It also lists Hell but that is out of context with the rest of the OT which always refers to the grave.

9. Skywalker

Ratings:
    +315
    Religion:
    Christian
    Why would all the souls go to the grave? Heaven is not the grave. NIV Butchers Psalm 9:17

10. cOLTER

cOLTER Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +269
    Religion:
    Disciple
    Jesus taught life or death. Fir the unsaved there wouldn’t be any reason for them to hang out in heaven. Their choice is confirmed.

11. Muffled

Muffled Jesus in me

Ratings:
    +1,292
    Religion:
    Christian
    I believe people go where they believe they can go. If a person believes he is going to Hell he just might go there even though it is beforetime. Heaven was not known as a possible outcome until Jesus spoke of it.

12. Muffled

Muffled Jesus in me

Ratings:
    +1,292
    Religion:
    Christian
    I believe unsaved does not necessarily mean ignorant. The ignorant thought that their evil ways would keep them out of Heaven but a person who wanted to go there could unless they were so bad that God wasn't finished punishing them yet.

13. TrueBeliever37

TrueBeliever37 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +132
    Religion:
    Non-Denominational Christian
    Sorry - but it is biblical, and there is a hell.

Matthew 25:41 mentions everlasting fire
    Matthew 25:46 mentions eternal punishment
    Matthew 18:8 - everlasting fire
    Matthew 18:9 - hell fire
    2 Thessalonians 1:8-9 in flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and obey not the gospel...
    Revelation 20:15 - whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire
    Revelation 21:8 - the lake which burns with fire and brimstone

14. TrueBeliever37

TrueBeliever37 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +132
    Religion:
    Non-Denominational Christian
    Matthew 25:41 - everlasting fire
    Matthew 25:46 - everlasting punishment

15. Skywalker

Ratings:
    +315
    Religion:
    Christian
    People going where they believe they can go is universalism. Rob Bell: Populating Hell | Good Fight Ministries

16. rational experiences

rational experiences Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192
    Religion:
    spiritualist
    Humans.
    Natural humans.
    Natural life.

Human scientist changed his title from satanist. A fact.

Says DNA genesis was written about medically. As it left when garden nature bush combusted leaving the desert as end results.

Book of life bio nature.
    Not in book of life. God mass products used for occult science.

Convert by human naming sources his self left in thoughts to the fire in conversion. We are not God.

Book says no man is God. For science is done by humans with minds of evil thoughts. Thought pretended that a high percentile body bio chemistry inside oxygen water mass with microbiome owned in their bodies owned the power energy that God O stone energy gained mass historic owned

Still lie about it today.

Water is its own substance.
    Water is a mass.

It is not nuclear energy history.

Water not known.

Water cannot be described as non water.

Science terms describes non presence in thesis.

17. Muffled

Muffled Jesus in me

Ratings:
    +1,292
    Religion:
    Christian
    I believe that is incorrect. Universalism says people all go to a good place. Also a person may choose to go someplace but God decides if that is OK with Him. He may very well preempt a person's decision.
    In case you didn't know, God will not force people to go to Heaven or into the Kingdom of God but He can dispose of a person in less desirable ways.

18. Skywalker

Ratings:
    +315
    Religion:
    Christian
    What would be the purpose of praying for family if universalism is in the BIble?

19. Skywalker

Ratings:
    +315
    Religion:
    Christian
    I believe that Sheol is hell because everyone knows about hell. There are only two beliefs in the world and you can see the same beliefs manifesting itself in different forms over and over. Salvation by what we do or salvation by what Christ did for us.

20. Muffled

Muffled Jesus in me

Ratings:
    +1,292
    Religion:
    Christian
    I believe I didn't say universalism is in the Bible. There is no need to pray for someone in Heaven but family members are likely to be reincarnated. I have at least two members of my family that appear to be.