• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Debate on Creationism

tayla

My dog's name is Tayla
The Bible would not present such a candid, graphic description of Jehovah’s actions, if it’s goal was to deceive people.

Yet from Matthew 22:37-39, it’s obvious Jehovah wants us to love Him.

How do you reconcile the two?
I don't need to reconcile Bible passages. Even Christian theologians struggle with this (and fail at it miserably).

tayla

My dog's name is Tayla
So do products on an assembly line:

Only through processes already established.
In the early stages of galaxy and star formation, gravity attracts the dust and gas into closer proximity. In doing so, the relative positions and structures of matter result in the appearance of information. God is not supernaturally adding in information as the universe proceeds in time.

This process can be extrapolated to geological process and finally the appearance and functioning of biological organisms in their incredible complexity.

leov

No proof against God's existence is needed. If he/she doesn't *do* anything, doesn't interact with the universe in any way, why believe in him/her?
about God - we do not know that (interact) on physical level. i know that Something interacts on non - physical level.

tayla

My dog's name is Tayla
about God - we do not know that (interact) on physical level. i know that Something interacts on non - physical level.
There is no non-physical level. Everything is physical, including:
  1. all of reality
  2. consciousness and its contents
  3. mind
  4. time
  5. entropy
  6. information
  7. energy
  8. the laws of nature
  9. quantum fields and the standard model
Therefore, all interactions occur within physical reality.

tayla

My dog's name is Tayla
i understand that, two sides of the same medal. Beginning of physical world from atheistic point of view and theistic pov.
I'm trying to communicate using the accepted meanings of words, the dictionary meanings. If you want to use non-standard meanings of words, you should define each word every time you use it. Otherwise, there is no communication. (But a conversation like that would be very tedious indeed.)

leov

There is no non-physical level. Everything is physical, including:
  1. all of reality
  2. consciousness and its contents
  3. mind
  4. time
  5. entropy
  6. information
  7. energy
  8. the laws of nature
  9. quantum fields and the standard model
Therefore, all interactions occur within physical reality.
that is to certain degree correct and incorrect fro m theistic point, nobody knows what nature of, for example, energy or gravity....

leov

I'm trying to communicate using the accepted meanings of words, the dictionary meanings. If you want to use non-standard meanings of words, you should define each word every time you use it. Otherwise, there is no communication. (But a conversation like that would be very tedious indeed.)
i am trying to look into the root of the issue.

MonkeyFire

God can't save you from your own anger/ bigotry. He can show you the way but must walk the path on your own. Ones own feelings are a result of ones own action. They can't hurt you if you don't suffer.

Moral of the story is the problem of evil has now been defeated.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Hello. I am going to challenge Creationists, more specifically Muslim or Christian Creationists, to present their best logical evidence for God. Since this is not science vs. religion, I don't want anything that's trying to pointlessly debunk evolution since it will only extend the argument or anything like that. I'll try to disprove yours logically, and the cycle will continue until one side stops debating.
I can't see this going anywhere of consequence. You're asking a conflated question, and you're going to get conflated answers -- which are not going to make a lot of sense and are not going to answer either of your questions.

(Your questions, by the way, since you addressed this to "creationists," are whether anything that has lived on earth is evidence of having been created, and how could you show that, and whether that creation was by something entirely different -- a "God.")

You would be much better off asking a very straightforward question (or perhaps 2, in 2 different threads), like "show me you evidence that species X was created, not evolved," and "show me you evidence for divine creation of life forms."

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
What would a "non-physical level" be? How would we detect or measure this?

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
i understand that, two sides of the same medal. Beginning of physical world from atheistic point of view and theistic pov.
There is no "atheistic" point of view. Atheism is not a cosmological theory. Atheism has no beliefs. It's not a doctrine or belief system. Most atheists know little or nothing of theoretical physics.
As for the theistic POV, there are dozens of them, all different, and all based on folklore, not empirical evidence.

The beginning of the world is the purview of physics. The religion or lack of religion of the researchers has no bearing on their findings.

leov

There is no "atheistic" point of view. Atheism is not a cosmological theory. Atheism has no beliefs. It's not a doctrine or belief system. Most atheists know little or nothing of theoretical physics.
As for the theistic POV, there are dozens of them, all different, and all based on folklore, not empirical evidence.

The beginning of the world is the purview of physics. The religion or lack of religion of the researchers has no bearing on their findings.
we talking about poinrs o

e.g. Atheistic Cosmological Argument