• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Debate a Muslim

Status
Not open for further replies.

firedragon

Veteran Member
You still haven't answered the question

Oh. I fear you.

No one is paid to answer your irrelevant questions. So no. If you want to ask a question, dont make it an answer to a question asked from someone else for another purpose which you dont understand.

Ask your question.

firedragon

Veteran Member
You asking me questions is not giving me answers.

If you make up words that I didnt use like "seen the truth" just to be vague, I will ask you to clarify what you mean by that sentence because you are attributing it to me.

But though you are trying to use this to evade any answer, I can tell you that you have been answered.

Any more objective questions to ask?

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
I have previously understood that Jews and Christians have a special status under most interpretations of Sharia (and nobody take what I'm saying here at face value because I really don't know that much about Sharia). So I have an additional question: are there significant differences in social status between "People of the Book" and other non-Muslims under Sharia? For instance, consider someone that is just not a theist at all, or perhaps a Buddhist.

Bonus question: Are Baha'i people considered People of the Book? What about Mormons?

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
That's actually funny. It's a report about the maturity of Aisha at age 9.
What maturity can a small kid have? That is terrible. Are you telling me that that report supports pedophilia?

Because that what it is: when an older man, or woman, goes with a 9 or 10 years old.

You clearly don't know anything about the Bible, & what the prophets there were up to; Incest, rape, pedophilia, sex slaves... Hence, your abhorrent history.
Ok, then your prophet is not worse than them.

- Is this some propaganda slogan they teach you?! Honest advice, if your people do not wake up to the reality of the world, it will come a day when it shall be too late. Yours are actual invasions, with millions of dead, many more displaced, & trillions pillaged. Power expires, but injustice is never forgotten. Immigration is not invasion. So childish!
Of course it is, especially when it is illegal. Like most of it. It is not really like we need it.

- Tell these lies to those Islamophobes ready to swallow them. I notice a lot of your type believe their own propaganda actually works outside of their circles & countries! Thanks to the Prophet (pbuh) you have equal rights to men, you can go study in school, you can divorce, you can own your own property, you have the freedom to adopt the faith of your own conviction, you can claim inheritance, you can vote, you can live without being subject to the whims of your man, or be sold to prostitution...etc, none of which were granted to your foremothers –contrary to their Muslim counterpart, until a great many European intellectuals influenced by then the Islamic world & Islamic ideas slowly & painfully introduced these concepts & rights into your backwards societies. Women didn't get full propriety rights in France until 1939. Women in 1880s were still being sold in England. The Swiss Law which Ataturk borrowed from your crude country in 1926 legalized honor killing & banned divorce, in the name of "civilization", until the Swiss realized that's bad & switched the gear to more Sharia compliant laws. Disgusting! You people are utterly clueless about your history, only preoccupied with depravity & self-gratification. Get off your high unicorn, it's not doing any good, just embarrassment.
Well you should try walk around those places in Malmö if you are blonde and with a mini skirt. They do not even let you in the bus, if the driver is an immigrant.

And yes, your religion did so much good to us. That is why we need to protect young women who are frequently hit by their husbands, or even killed by their parents, because they dishonour the prophet, by showing their hair.

CIao

- viole

Last edited:

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
- My rational mind can not hear you over this cosmic distance from the asininity of someone who believes the entire Universe came from nothing & Life came from pure arbitrary chance. No wonder you believe immigration is invasion.
What is asinine is :
1) To think I believe the Universe came from nothing. You are also begging the question that it must come from. So, you are still stuck with Kalam and outdated ontologies of time. Time to abandon medieval philosophy
2) That we think life comes from arbitrary chance. But what do you mean? The start of life, or evolution of life? Ignoramuses in biology tend to confuse the two

Anyway, that is science. Something we are pretty good at in the West, versus still be stuck in ancient superstitions. And probably one of the reasons why others risk their lives to come here, instead of us risking our lives to go there.

Ciao

- viole

Last edited:

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
There are several proof for God established in the Ashaari school, the most important of which is Burhan al-Huduth (proof from eventuality/occurrence/change), a version of which is sometimes translated as the Kalam Cosmological Argument ['Kalam'= 'Islamic theology']. Ashaaris reject most of the philosophical arguments for God, like the ontological argument, for being unsound or invalid. The basic Huduth argument goes:
Pu. Whatever event necessitates a cause for its eventuality,
Pp. The world is an event,
C. Therefore, the world necessities a cause for its eventuality.

This argument doesn't establish what is meant by "the world" (are we talking about the visible cosmos?) or that a cause would be a being rather than a thing.

Usually the version of the Kalam Cosmological Argument that I see proceeds like this:
1) Everything that begins to exist has a cause.
2) The universe began to exist.
C) Therefore, the universe has a cause.

This formulation suffers from the same problems: for instance, we can attack the second premise by merely pointing out it is unjustified. If we probe back to the Planck era of the Big Bang, there is no reason to suppose that the universe has an ontological beginning even if the visible universe has a chronological beginning (with the entropic minimum of the Big Bang event).

I'm an astrophysics grad student that has done most of my starting research on cosmology and universal evolution (specifically, on constraining dark energy and its equation of state using high redshift supernovae), and while I don't have a deep technical understanding of quantum field theory yet (that's literally over the next two semesters, finally), I know enough to know that the Kalam Cosmological Argument has failed premises.

danieldemol

Premium Member
IF he is not supposed to know, how did he make a claim without knowing? Can you explain?
I think @Tiberius made a claim based on what little he did know, and if he got it wrong thats ok, because thats how you learn, by stating what you think and then getting corrected. Not by holding wrong ideas close to your heart and never learning from them.

Shakeel

You can think what you want. You're about the last person whose opinion of myself I care about. You pulled this discussion between you and I off of its original topic, anyway. We were talking about your support of child marriage, not historical conquests and battles.
To me it looks like you want to run your mouth about women's rights and how the white people must have got it all right, while you can't handle hearing any facts, whether historical or present-day, that don't reflect well on "your people". If you really wanted to change something, honesty should be your first tool.

firedragon

Veteran Member
Nope, but I'm sure I could invite someone who could if you like :)

If you cannot, how are you so sure that your hyperlinked lederberg experiment is proving random mutation as a fact? Did you just blindly put your faith on it based on who ever this "someone" you said is your God or something?

Blind faith!

firedragon

Veteran Member
because thats how you learn, by stating what you think and then getting corrected.

So you believe he was trying only to learn, not that he was so sure. Are you sure? How sure are you that I was not trying to teach him since he was here only to learn? Maybe you interrupted that.

danieldemol

Premium Member
If you cannot, how are you so sure that your hyperlinked lederberg experiment is proving random mutation as a fact? Did you just blindly put your faith on it based on who ever this "someone" you said is your God or something?

Blind faith!
Where did I say that Berkely is my God?

Status
Not open for further replies.