• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Debate a Muslim

Status
Not open for further replies.

firedragon

Veteran Member
Alright. I guess you can give new meanings to English words, but I'm afraid this might be done in your village alone because Google hasn't heard of your definition yet. I'm not sure it's heard of your interpretations either.

https://www.medicinenet.com/young_children_child_development/article.htm

Good Toys for Young Children by Age and Stage | NAEYC

What is Young Children | IGI Global

Ah grown up. In "my village" which you assumed is where I live has reading capability. I will give you the same source you cut and pasted, and your sick eyes didnt pick up the ages of 15, 14, 12 etc but only 3's and months.

Once more.

young child Definition | Law Insider

firedragon

Veteran Member
Solmon Rushdie criticized the Muslim religion in his book "Satanic Verses" and ended up with a Fatwa against him. That's a contract to kill him.

No he didnt CT. You should read his book to know what it is.

Also, a fatwa against someone doesn't mean "a contract to kill". A fatawa is an opinion. It means an opinion. Generally when ask a Mufti for an opinion on a particular query you had about something, he would be able to analyse and give a fatwa.

Just FYI.

Shakeel

Strange you missed this. Quick googling for everything? Dont miss this. ;)

This is also quick googling.

young child Definition | Law Insider

I FIND IT FUNNY HOW YOU PICKED SOME BABIES AS YOUNG CHILDREN FROM THE SAME SOURCE, SAME PAGE THAT I GIVE ABOVE.

I GUESS SOME PEOPLE JUST WANT YOUNG CHILDREN TO BE SEXUALISED AND THOUGHT OF AS "MARITABLE GROWNUPS".

This is intent, not research findings. It's kind of a sickness.
That's not from my link. By far the majority of them refer to younger children than 8, as do all the other sources I found. A 14-year-old should only be called a child when buying him a ticket - it's cheaper. A 14-year-old girl is most likely menstruating, has grown breasts and feels sexual desire. She's a woman.

firedragon

Veteran Member
Solmon Rushdie criticized the Muslim religion in his book "Satanic Verses" and ended up with a Fatwa against him. That's a contract to kill him.

I do not wish to suggest that an organization that would kill someone over a disagreement is harsh (afraid of retributions).

You said "We must pray to an end to terrorism from the Muslims in the Middle East, which is keeping US troops in the region. The constant terrorist attacks in Israel attest to more Islamic violence." i

You should not bring up political topics like that so randomly. This shows how bias and full of it people are. One thing I can tell you is that you are sincerely, absolutely ignorant. I mean so absolutely ignorant that you have not even one cents worth of knowledge on this subject. Thats why you make such facade statements as if that wins your demonising effort of a religion followed by over a billion people in the world.

This shows that behind the nice faces people put up, there is so much bigotry.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
Thats an improvement. Great. But wearing a mask is like killing a child? That was your analogy.
Nope. I never made that comparison. I just use extreme cases to show that:

1) There are possible tenets that we all agree should not be allowed in a secular society
2) There are others (like praying) which should be allowed in a secular society

And then there is a range between them that can be controversial. So, who decides? In case of Switzerland, it is easy. The majority of the Swiss people decide. Do you have a better alternative?

Ciao

- viole

firedragon

Veteran Member
A 14-year-old should only be called a child when buying him a ticket - it's cheaper

Wow. So when buying him a ticket he is a child, but to have sex and to get married, they are not children in your eyes.

Age - 14
to buy a Ticket - Child
to have sex or/and marry - Grown up.

One of the most monstrous things I have heard in my life.

firedragon

Veteran Member
Nope. I never made that comparison. I just use extreme cases to show that:

Oh yes you did.

So anyway, in your country "halal" means to kill animals in a different way right? From which dictionary was it taken from? Do all the citizens of that country think that way? Because you said "we" and "my country". Wonder who told all those poor souls in that country this kind of lies.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
That's laughable. The way any average Western slaughter house in Europe treats the animals is awful. In halal slaughter the animal either feels no pain or feels the absolute minimum of pain.
Well, here in Switzerland, we punish those slaughter houses, too.

Ciao

- viole

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
Oh yes you did.

So anyway, in your country "halal" means to kill animals in a different way right? From which dictionary was it taken from? Do all the citizens of that country think that way? Because you said "we" and "my country". Wonder who told all those poor souls in that country this kind of lies.
Who can say? Muslims here do not seem to care. Even when we decided to ban the construction of minarets.

Ciao

- viole

firedragon

Veteran Member
Who can say? Muslims here do not seem to care. Even when we decided to ban the construction of minarets.

Ciao

- viole

Well. If what you say is true, your whole country is ignorant. Yet I think you just plain wrong because general people are not so ignorant. There are learned people.

So tell me. Which ancient scripture tells how to kill an animal? Thats what you claimed.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
Well. If what you say is true, your whole country is ignorant. Yet I think you just plain wrong because general people are not so ignorant. There are learned people.

So tell me. Which ancient scripture tells how to kill an animal? Thats what you claimed.
Who cares? We just banned Halal and Kosher. That's it.

Whether it is in some Scriptures or not, does not interest anyone.

Ciao

- viole

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
So when you said ancient scripture says this or that it was just made up right?
Yes, of course, from my point of view. But most Swiss do not care about Scriptures, especially foreign ones. They just do not allow animals to be killed cruelly.

Ciao

- viole

Status
Not open for further replies.