• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Death.

Pussyfoot Mouse

Super Mom
Atheist_Dave said:
I have never been afraid of death, but today, I havn't been able to get it out of my mind. I thought I was fine with it, suddenly I'm not sleeping, not eating, and I've got this knot in my stomach. This isn't like me at all, Iv'e always been quick to criticize other people religious beliefs, but its times like this I wish I believed in something.

Does anybody else ever think about it? I feel its gotten more than just occasionally thinking about it, I'm obsessed. This is so old, but I am becoming so obsessed with death, that I'm forgetting to live. I don't even know what scares me so much, I don't think its my own death, its other people. Since most of my family died I have always kind of thought I will see them again, but in truth I know I will not, this is what gets me. Don't worry, Im not turning to christianity or anything, I've just realised why man needs religion though, we think too far ahead.

Help please....
There was a time when I was so obssessed with dying that I couldn't eat or sleep. I was terrified of the unknown. Even today, if I think about it enough I start to have anxiety attacks. I would get this wave of nausea and my stomach would feel sick and the idea of not having any way to control it just drove me right around the bend.

If you need something to believe in, believe in today! :hug:

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Atheist_Dave said:
I have never been afraid of death, but today, I havn't been able to get it out of my mind. I thought I was fine with it, suddenly I'm not sleeping, not eating, and I've got this knot in my stomach. This isn't like me at all, Iv'e always been quick to criticize other people religious beliefs, but its times like this I wish I believed in something.

Does anybody else ever think about it? I feel its gotten more than just occasionally thinking about it, I'm obsessed. This is so old, but I am becoming so obsessed with death, that I'm forgetting to live. I don't even know what scares me so much, I don't think its my own death, its other people. Since most of my family died I have always kind of thought I will see them again, but in truth I know I will not, this is what gets me. Don't worry, Im not turning to christianity or anything, I've just realised why man needs religion though, we think too far ahead.

Help please....

What frightens you about death ? You declare yourself an atheist; with your beliefs, when you die you will cease to exist in entirety, what would there be to feaar about that?

I am not being insensitive, I really want to understand what it is that is worrying you.
You say "I don't even know what scares me so much, I don't think its my own death, its other people"...........what do you mean when you say "it's other people"?

Ormiston

I find death revolting; just another nasty process that we have to accept as part of the price of our lives. Sometimes though, I do see it as a reward. There are many many things worse than death.

I say you can't fix what you can't change. Come to terms with it and put it behind you.

M

Majikthise

Steve said:
Yeah you wouldn't want to think that perhaps Jesus knew somthing you didnt.:areyoucra
Jesus was Crucified for you, he does love you and this life is not all there is.

Thank you for setting me straight.

Squirt

michel said:
You say "I don't even know what scares me so much, I don't think its my own death, its other people"...........what do you mean when you say "it's other people"?
Maybe I'm wrong, but I think Dave was saying he worries about people he loves dying. He can't bear to think of them suffering before they die and he can't bear to imagine how it will be for him with them gone. I think those concerns are common to all of us. It doesn't matter whether we're religious or not.